266. The Top Ten (I)
6.2k 9 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The amphitheater joined together in polite applause. Even the residents of the capital, who were usually proud beyond proud, displayed their enthusiasm earnestly. The competition was a serious matter, supported by the Immortal Association to foster new talents. Reaching the top ten, and even top one hundred, was a feat that few cultivators in the capital would be able to accomplish.

Apart from those that had already entered the immortal realms, there was genuine respect and admiration for the winners. After all, there were names like Wu Qianyu and Long Yifei among them, goddesses that walked among mortal men. For the female audience, they had their male god counterparts, enough for them to worship for many years.

“Ahem… Let us begin.” Huang Wuji said.

The old man was too old. Perhaps he felt that speaking too many words would shorten his lifespan. He did not waste time and directly went into announcing the top ten.

“First place in the Monster Fighting Competition, champion of the Immortal Sect Competition, I think there is no debate… Wu Qianyu of Ten Thousand Flower Valley!”

There was a roar of approval from some of her ardent fans as Wu Qianyu stepped onto the stage. Her white battle robes shimmered ever-so-slightly in the morning sun. With a treasure sword by her side, she truly looked the part of a champion.

She walked up the stairs steadily. There was no hesitation, no nervousness. With calm steps, she walked to the designated spot at the center of the stage and faced the crowd.

She smiled brilliantly because she was truly happy. She was proud, of herself and of her dear master. Chen Wentian, the most important person in her heart, saved her from ruin and brought up step by step. She would not have been able to stand on this stage in front of the most powerful and influential people of the subcontinent if it weren’t for him.

“Elder sister! YaaaaahhhH!” Lin Qingcheng screamed happily.

The others cheered as well, with varying degrees of excitement but none matching Lin Qingcheng. Wu Qianyu gave her sisters a wave and then bowed appreciatively to the crowd in all directions. A powerful and talented yet humble beauty, she turned even more people into her fans.

Huang Wuji eventually calmed the place down and began reading out her accolades and recorded battles with monsters. It was a special privilege only reserved for the champion. In her case, the list was incredibly long because the number of beasts and demons she had slain was simply too high.

Wu Qianyu ignored this and let her eyes wander back to her most important person. He was looking at her with the casual smile he always had. Her heart shook and tears of joy welled up. She was so thankful, so filled with love and admiration, she wanted to jump off the stage and into his embrace. If they were in the privacy of their bedroom, she definitely would have. But she was out here and she couldn’t do it.

“Qianyu, I’m happy, are you happy?” Chen Wentian’s voice came from the Purple Jade Sword in her hands.

His spiritual energy surrounded her with warmth, shielding her from the intense auras of four Spirit Kings.

She laughed and nodded her head. A few teardrops trickled down. Illuminated by the sunlight, her visage seized the audience’s emotions.

“I’m glad.” Chen Wentian whispered in her ear, “You’ve worked so hard every day since we’ve met. You’re amazing and this is your moment. Enjoy it!”

She nodded and once again faced the crowd, waving to them and soaking in the special moment.

The reading of the champion eventually finished and it was time for the other rankings. The second place went to Peng Yuefeng of the Tower of Swords. Although there was no reading of his accomplishments, the cheers from the female audience members were no less than the males for Wu Qianyu.

It seemed impossible but his level of male beauty far surpassed any young master in the capital. It was nothing to the men, but to the women, it was a fatal attraction. He was tall, slim, with dazzling white skin and inky black hair in a warrior’s knot. When he smiled to the crowd, it was enough to make them swoon.

Peng Yuefeng was not just a pretty boy; he was truly a talent. With just the resources of a measly Tower of Swords, he was able to firmly keep his rank in the competition. He fought back all of the young talents from the Beast God Sanctum and even managed to stay ahead of Long Yifei. It was a pity such a wonderful disciple and genius cultivator was a man. If he was a woman, even Chen Wentian would be tempted to steal this kind of disciple, not to mention black-hearted people like Ming Hai and Tian Guan.

Third place, as expected, when to Long Yifei. She walked up to thunderous applause and ear-splitting cheers. She took her place with a gentle and serene expression, not showing too much joy but no sorrow either. It was as if she knew her own worth and did not need any ranking to prove it. Simply her existence and presence were enough!

Fourth place was someone Chen Wentian knew about but had not seen before. His name was Qu Jing and he was the direct descendant of the Eagle Lord Qu Shen. The man was not young but he had a youthful face. He had a heroic aura about him with sharp features that were memorable. He wasn’t as beautifully handsome as Peng Yuefeng but he still attracted a lot of attention.

Fifth place was also someone Chen Wentian knew about. Yang Cang was the closed-door disciple of Qiu Chuyi, the subordinate of the Lion Lord. This man had a dishonest face and instantly gave the impression that one was about to be taken advantage of. He was handsome enough to steal the hearts of women but was the type of person that attracted instant dislike from other men.

Sixth place was also a disciple of Qu Shen, another direct descendant. It was a woman named Qu Rong who was rather short with an impish face. Her beauty could not compare to Wu Qianyu, let alone Long Yifei. She looked like an undeveloped girl in the presence of two fully mature beauties. Perhaps because of this, she had a sullen expression while standing on stage. It was as if someone had stolen her favorite thing.

These people from Beast God Sanctum were on Chen Wentian’s hit list during the insect attack on Beast God City. It was unfortunate for them that he did not find them. Otherwise, he would have buried them with the other competitors.

Seventh place went to a woman in a strange outfit that covered her from head to toe. Nobody could even see her eyes behind the dark veil that covered her face. She came from the Dao School of Crow Mountain which nobody had ever heard of. It had to be a new sect but few new sects could achieve what Chen Wentian had done. They were usually relegated to the bottom in competitions but somehow this sect and this talented woman managed to achieve something almost as impressive.

However, when the eighth place was announced, everyone quickly lost interest in Thousand Petals. They were all shocked into silence by the appearance of a woman whose outfit could not be measured by common sense. When she strutted across the stage, it made everyone go crazy!

“Master, don’t look!” Lin Qingcheng cried as she tried in vain to block Chen Wentian’s eyes.

--

Thank you to all my patrons!

Support me and read ahead by 5 or even 10 chapters!

p atreon.com/kigreenwriting

Join my discord for updates, delays, and my ramblings :)

d iscord.gg/dY5UApw

--

My second novel The Treasure King has just finished its first arc, please take a look!

107