276. Hell’s Grotto
6k 4 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chen Wentian tormented the twins for several more rounds that evening. Each time, he made sure to come inside them and they eagerly accepted. There was no worry of pregnancy, at least for now. Their source of yin was an insatiable vortex that sucked up yang energy. His essence was absorbed down to the very last drop, regardless of how much he produced.

Su Xue and Su Yue as well as the three other sisters were proud owners of a strange dual cultivation physique. Instead of using yang to fortify yin, it took yin and yang and fortified each other. It was no longer a simple dual cultivation physique but a fire and ice dual-attribute dual cultivation physique.

He wanted to see how they would progress into the lesser realms of the Spirit Initiate Realm. If their appetite for yang energy increased, it was only good news for him. His blue dragon soul was capable of producing much, much more than they were capable of handling right now. It would no doubt lead to more pleasurable experiences for everyone.

The next morning arrived and the pre-established teams set off for their tasks and challenges. Li Yuechan and Xu Lanyi were dropped off in the middle of the city of Ember Cliffs in the Canyonland District. This was the place of their first challenge and Chen Wentian left them alone to tackle it. He had faith in them and he wasn’t too worried.

“Did you see him?” Xu Lanyi said while watching the departing Tortoise Can Fly, “Hugging Xue’er and Yue’er like that… He doesn’t even care about us!”

Li Yuechan smiled, “Leave them be. They simply had a single night together. Are you jealous?”

“Me? No!” Xu Lanyi nudged her elder sister, “What about you? I’m not the one that’s always fighting with Wushuang to be first in line.”

“Hmph, as if!”

Xu Lanyi shook her head and looked around the city square, “Where do we go now?”

People were hurrying along in all directions. Merchants were shouting out their wares in nearby shops. The city was lively and exciting but their task did not lie here.

“Didn’t you study the map? Hell’s Grotto is that way.” Li Yuechan said, pointing down a street.

“Hehe, with you here, do I need to?”

Li Yuechan frowned and pinched Xu Lanyi. Without the presence of Chen Wentian, Li Yuechan was much more relaxed and casual. Chen Wentian would have been completely shocked if he saw this but he probably should have expected it. A woman had many faces. The one she showed her lover was not the same as the one she showed her sister but it wasn’t a bad thing either.

“Ow, that hurt… wait until I tell Master!”

“You!”

They started walking along the busy street as they continued their banter. Crowds of people and traffic passed by but nobody troubled them. They ignored the shops and casually took in the sights. Xu Lanyi really didn’t know where to go but since she was with Li Yuechan, she didn’t have to worry. She had never been led astray.

The tall red cliffs that towered over the city slowly disappeared as they got to the outskirts. Soon, houses disappeared too as they descended into a rocky valley that was lined by sheer cliffs. Along the way, they saw more people heading in the same direction, Hell’s Grotto. It was a famous system of caves and mines that were located in one of the canyons. It was the location of their challenge.

They walked for over an hour and finally arrived at the bottom of the narrow canyon.  Jagged cliffs rose on either side as far as the eye could see. It was as if a giant claw had ripped apart the land. To the side of the cliff was a small cave opening that led into the darkness. There was no doubt they were in the right place as right in front of the entrance was a small crowd of cultivators around the same level.

With their arrival, those that had already arrived turned towards them. There were some whispers and some pointing in their direction. One particular person in the crowd stepped forward first and greeted them graciously.

“Welcome to Hell’s Grotto, maiden Li Yuechan and maiden Xu Lanyi of Ten Thousand Flower Valley. My name is Kun Meng of Rainbow Canyon Temple.”

Xu Lanyi looked the man up and down. He was smartly dressed like a nobleman. He had high cheekbones, sharp eyes, and a confident demeanor.

“How do you know us?” She asked gruffly.

Kun Meng did not waver and answered smoothly, “Maiden Xu, I meant no disrespect, I was at the ranking ceremony and I’ve cast your name and beauty to memory.”

Li Yuechan stopped Xu Lanyi, who looked like she wanted to fight, and spoke in a much more friendly tone, “Young Master Kun, please excuse my junior sister. Was there anything you needed of us two?”

“Maiden Li, it is your first time coming to Hell’s Grotto?” He asked.

She nodded.

“Perhaps I can be of assistance? I am a local here and I can help explain the rules of the grotto and how it can apply to your challenge. If you would follow me…”

“You know what our challenge is?” Xu Lanyi interrupted.

“Of course. There are a few other rankers here performing the same challenge today. We have been discussing it before you arrived. The others here are members of various local cultivation sects who are also visiting the grotto for missions and sect tasks.”

Li Yuechan considered the offer. Although the other person was a man, there was no harm in getting some information from him. It wasn’t like they were going to explore the caves together.

She nodded in agreement, “Alright.”

Kun Meng smiled winningly, “Maiden Li, Maiden Xu, this way.”

He walked in front and they followed. The crowd of people parted but not without whispers. There were a few that seemed to be discontent with Li Yuechan and Xu Lanyi but there were even more that were opposed to Kun Meng. They were unsatisfied that someone like him managed to strike up a conversation with two beauties. They were also lamenting their ineptitude. 

Kun Meng stopped in front of a large stone stele placed next to the cave entrance. There were small letters carved onto the surface that described the interior. He explained that Hell’s Grotto was an underground cave system filled with fire-attribute spiritual energy with an unknown depth. It was a bewildering maze inside that got bigger and more complex as the deeper one went. Generations of people who explored the underground frequently dug their own tunnels and added to the general confusion.

The deeper one ventured, the more challenging and dangerous it was. The fiery spiritual energy within grew in intensity the deeper it was, requiring steadily increasing levels of cultivation to not be cooked alive. There were also wild beasts that resided within the tunnels and cave chambers. The deeper it was, the stronger and more threatening they were.

The challenge that was presented for the Golden Feather Hunt was the task of collecting a rare plant that grew within the depths of Hell’s Grotto, called the Red Reaper.

--

Thank you to all my patrons!

Support me and read ahead by 5 or even 10 chapters!

p atreon.com/kigreenwriting

Join my discord for updates, delays, and my ramblings :)

d iscord.gg/dY5UApw

--

My second novel The Treasure King has just finished its first arc, please take a look!

66