314. More Spirit Kings (II)
4.5k 6 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Abbotess Liang seemed surprised for a moment but considered the Eastern Light Clan’s leader. She then smiled in a sickeningly sweet way, putting her charming face back on in place of her ugly one.

“Now here’s a real man who knows his priorities.” She almost purred. "Well met, Immortal Light of Daybreak Ming Mu."

She gave an elegant bow while showcasing her figure and her cleavage.

It was fascinating how quickly she changed from a screeching demoness back into a well-behaved, beautiful woman, full of feminine wiles. Those that could be affected by her aura once again fell under her spell.

Clan Head Ming Mu wasn’t a fool but he chose to put on an act. His real target was House Master Tian Yong, who he hated. It was a conflict that started from the very beginning.

The Eastern Light Clan was not a part of the Immortal Association but merely affiliated with them. It was the first endemic sect, started in the subcontinent, to develop into a powerhouse Spirit King sect. It took them over two thousand years to do so and when they thought they would have the subcontinent to themselves, it took only a few hundred years for the House of Armament to appear.

The Eastern Light Clan wanted to prevent their rise and wipe out the competition. However, they were prevented from doing so by the Immortal Association. Instead of hating the association, which was a futile endeavor, they continued to hate the House of Armament and sought to defeat them through countless other means over the years to no avail.

“Brother Tian,” Ming Mu spoke, “You’ve never been one to pay attention to the larger situation so I will inform you, as it is only right. Do you know what kind of status the Sororal Order of Endless Love holds with the Immortal Association?”

Tian Yong scowled but did not reply. It wasn’t clear if he didn’t know or if he simply refused to argue with his rival.

Ming Mu laughed mockingly, “This King shall inform everyone clearly. Although the Sororal Order cannot be counted as one of the founding powers, it holds great influence. It has a seat in the Association Steering Council, the body of one hundred and eight members who guide the future of the human race in this world which has countless dangers and races seeking to destroy us!”

His voice rose to a peak and nobody dared to utter a sound. Few understood what the Association Steering Council was but it certainly sounded impressive. Even Chen Wentian had only recently learned about this council. He was still a lowly Spirit Lord and the Eastern Sanmu Subcontinent was a frontier territory of little importance.

Tian Yong expression got even more ugly but he didn’t seem like he wanted to back down. Nobody wanted to be insulted for being ignorant, nobody wanted to lose face like this, especially a Spirit King.

Ming Mu ignored the obstinate man and turned to Chen Wentian, “Young Chen, you have only recently ascended to the immortal world so your lack of knowledge can be forgiven. However, further impudence will be met with an adequate response…”

The threat fell on deaf ears as Chen Wentian merely leaned down to whisper sweet nothings to Long Yifei.

Ming Mu’s spiritual energy spiked a little but he remained calm, “I implore you, listen to this elder’s advice. It is not your place to fight against the Sororal Order. Having such a power be interested in your disciple is simply a privilege beyond privileges. If you don’t fight any longer and give your disciple up, I can assure you that you’ll be a friend of the Eastern Light Clan. I can also say that it would be wise to be on the Sororal Order’s good side. There’s still time for that.”

Chen Wentian looked up and stared hard at Ming Mu, “Clan Head Ming, in your words, you are saying that I should be thankful that this disciple kidnapper doesn’t kill me and that I should grovel at her feet like a dog?”

“Hahaha! You certainly have a way with words!” Ming Mu replied, “I am not telling you anything, merely stating some facts. If you accept, you will be greatly rewarded with prestige and respect from all in the subcontinent. If you refuse, you will still lose her and you may lose your worthless little life.”

“Oh, so it’s a threat now?” Chen Wentian retorted.

“It was always a threat; you were just too stubborn or stupid to accept the fact so I had to tell you clearly. Also, do not think the House of Armaments can help you. They cannot stand up to the Sororal Order. How can they? They can’t even solve a simple serial killer case in the Old District. Because of their bumbling, it’s recently even claimed one of their Spirit Lords!”

There was a reaction now. The gathered crowd gasped in astonishment while Tian Yong finally blew up.

“Surnamed Ming! Fuck your mother! How did you find out? I am going to find the spies you’ve put in my sect and chop them into pieces!” He bellowed, deafening those nearby.

His spiritual surged out once again, a solid wall of phantasmal spears like a vast army formation. This time, Ming Mu didn’t hold back and a blinding array of blue light erupted against it.

Boom!

An explosion of blue and gray spiritual energy ripped apart the ground, creating a deep chasm between them. A few mortals that were unfortunate to be standing too close were vaporized. Many in the crowd finally gave up and started pushing and shoving amounts themselves to get away. The carnage, the danger, was too much. Even if they wanted to stay for Long Yifei, they knew that they no longer had a chance.

All the immortals present ignored the fleeing ants and remained focused on each other.

“Enough of this!” Tian Yong roared, “Your mere words are not the law in the Eastern Sanmu Subcontinent! There are four kings, four kings that rule this land at the behest of the Immortal Association. In case you haven’t gone senile, I am one of the four kings and I refuse to let this daylight robbery happen!”

He pointed to Chen Wentian without looking, “Young Chen, don’t give up yet. I will uphold righteousness. Long Yifei can’t be taken by anyone without your approval!”

Chen Wentian made a very elaborate bow, “Thank you, House Master Tian, you are a true titan amongst lesser men.”

At the same time, he whispered to Long Yifei, “Don’t get your hopes up for this guy. He doesn’t really care about you or me. Those two hate each other and Tian Yong is merely using this as an opportunity to fight. Immortals are people too and some like a good tussle now and then.”

Indeed, even Abbotess Liang had taken several steps back. It was only Ming Mu and Tian Yong who stood facing each other in a wide, now almost empty, plaza. Spiritual energy sizzled and ground together as they both readied another devastating attack.

“Stop!” A stern, aged voice came from the sky.

A golden aura surrounded both men, pushing them back.

“You two… you two rascals always cause me problems!”

---

Thank you to all my patrons!

Support me and read ahead by 7 or even 14 chapters! MORE CHAPS!!!!

p atreon.com/kigreenwriting

Join my discord for updates, delays, and my ramblings :)

d iscord.gg/dY5UApw

 

75