341: Side Story: His Favorite
4.9k 7 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Is the letter here?” The impatient voice of a female sounded.

“It has finally arrived.” Immortal Glass Melody Gui Li answered calmly.

She glanced at her companion, Immortal Adoring Poet Zhu Yao’er, while taking out a small black stone. Together, they watched as a stream of characters and words flashed across the smooth surface.

“Hunt unsuccessful, return to the school. Gui Li stays with the recruit.”

“Ha, sister.” Zhu Yao’er said, “I guess you are stuck in this peasant country. I, for one, will be glad to rid myself of the stench of this low-class immortal sect.”

They were still within Dragon River Town, outside of the borders of Ten Thousand Flower Valley. They had been put up in the second largest building town, the mayor’s residence, out of respect for their status. Aside from taking care of their food and accommodations, they were not allowed to step within the sect.

Gui Li frowned but didn’t retort. She was from this subcontinent while Zhu Yao’er was born and raised in the Martial Brilliance Continent.

Zhu Yao’er stretched and laid down on the couch, popping a few fruits into her mouth. “Tasteless food, stale drinks, shoddy furnishing. Sigh… the things I do for the order.”

Gui Li finally could not hold her tongue, “Sister! Ten Thousand Flower Valley was only established a couple of years ago. Their progress is actually quite impressive, even in the Martial Brilliance Continent.”

“Cheh, they got way too lucky.”

“What about Chen Wentian? Is he just luck too?”

“What about him?” Zhu Yao’er retorted.

“Yao’er, I seem to remember that you broke through to the immortal realms when you were thirty-seven.”

“That’s right. I did!” Pride was evident in her tone. “The youngest in the continent for the last five hundred years!”

She had a right to be proud. She was from a powerful family, with tremendous support, and had a pristine lineage of talent.

Gui Li was average in comparison, only breaking through past the age of fifty. Zhu Yao’er was someone who would become an Abbotess in the future and perhaps more. Gui Li would forever be relegated to the subcontinent. As such, compared to Zhu Yao’er, Gui Li held Chen Wentian in much higher regard.

“That’s amazing but, then, what does that make Chen Wentian?” Gui Li pressed, “He managed to reach the Spirit Lord Realm at the age of twenty-five. Even in the vast continent, that is unheard of. Even in other continents, I think he is a special one.”

Zhu Yao’er snorted very loudly and angrily ate another fruit, “Oh, he’s a special one. He hides women away in every corner like a chipmunk. I don’t know where he managed to find them all. And there’s that Immortal Royal Moon. Where did she come from? Every time I try to peek into their stupid sect, she stops me. She dares to give me no face! Me!”

Gui Li had nothing to say about that. Indeed, Jasmine had been keeping a tight rein on the sect while Chen Wentian was in secluded cultivation. If their Abbotesses were here, it would be another story but as it was, they could do nothing about it.

“And then there’s that Elder Mo!” Zhu Yao’er continued, “That dirtbag gives me the creeps every time. Seriously, sister, you have to keep a steady watch on Long Yifei. Deliver her to us when the term starts and we can properly educate her!”

The pair’s argument abated as they discussed matters with Long Yifei. The divine daughter was making good progress with the holy scripture of the order, The Book of Virtue. She was studious and hardworking. She gave both immortals a good impression. They were both at least in agreement that they were eagerly awaiting the new school year to start so that Long Yifei can experience the wonders of the Virtuous Order. With matters regarding Long Yifei, they had no quarrels.

Zhu Yao’er left the province the next day. After a few words with Gui Li, she left without addressing anybody else in Ten Thousand Flower Valley.

She flew up into the air and hovered high above the valley. She looked down at the tiny sect below and shook her head.

“I’ll let you be arrogant and comfortable a little while longer, surnamed Chen.” She muttered, “When you come to the continent, you’ll see what true men are like! When you lay eyes on our acolytes, I want to see if you can still maintain that smug face! Especially my brother, he will certainly put you in your place!”

With that, she disappeared into the blue sky.

---

Chen Wentian looked up from what he was doing, sensing that an annoying gnat had finally left. Through shadow anchors, he had heard the gist of Zhu Yao’er’s attitude towards him. He had also already been warned by Gong Liyun so he was mentally prepared. Still, he was disappointed at how quickly some of his new allies were willing to turn against him. He still needed more strength, he needed to get to the Spirit King Realm as quickly as possible.

“Master! You’re not looking!”

“Huh, oh?”

He turned back to Lin Qingcheng who was currently showing him a very interesting outfit. It was the brand-new Golden Serpent Robe, freshly remade after he had managed to get it destroyed fighting against Abbotess Liang. She was the first one to get her broken item repaired, her privilege as the first disciple.

He was currently taking a quick break from Wu Qianyu to treat Lin Qingcheng. He felt bad for her and, as an apology, went all out on the latest version. The result was a one-piece bodysuit made of morphling cobra skin that gave her as much defensive properties as before in addition to another special ability.

The morphling cobra was known for its ability to expand and contract its body at will and contort it any shape it wanted. It was easy for the golden serpent soul to assimilate this ability into the new armor set. The result was that Lin Qingcheng now could change her outfit’s design at will.

She was currently sporting a rather deep plunging neckline. It wasn’t so much a neckline as an open cutout that barely covered her nipples and ended past her belly button. Before this one, she had sported an exposed back that went all the way down to her buttocks.

“Ahem…” Chen Wentian coughed, trying to suppress his desires, “This one is quite nice, I like it.”

“Great! I have one more to show you.”

She twirled around as her golden outfit changed rapidly. It turned back into a standard bodysuit, only with two very glaring and inappropriate design choices. The first was a total cutout of her upper chest with two small cups supporting the bottom of her breasts which pushed them up prominently. The second was a round cutout around her crotch, which left her perfectly bare pussy on full display.

“Umm… Chengcheng…” He spluttered.

“Hehehe!” She giggled and jumped onto his lap, “Don’t worry, master. This design is only for you!”

“Oh! Hahaha! It’s great, my favorite!”

She captured his lips and they kissed eagerly for a while.

“Master…” She said breathlessly after they broke apart, “Thank you for the Golden Serpent Robe. But… what about the others. They haven’t gotten their replacements yet.”

“Naughty girl. Of course, I haven’t forgotten about them. It takes time but I wanted to take care of you first. You deserve it because you are my first disciple and you are my favorite!”

“Master…” She whispered before kissing him once more.

---

Volume 8 is done finally. A lot of side stories b/c I was feeling quite creative at that time. Volume 9 starts next chap

Thank you to all my patrons!

Support me and read ahead by 12 or even 24 chapters!

p atreon.com/kigreenwriting

Join my discord for updates, delays, and my ramblings :)

d iscord.gg/dY5UApw

77