356. Teaching Moment (I)
4.4k 4 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chen Wentian arrived in Black Rock City a few days later. He had been preoccupied with his other disciples and finally found some time to visit Wu Qianyu. He was glad that Zhou Ziyun and Wu Qianyu were able to settle their minor dispute but he still wanted to make sure everyone was alright.

He viewed his first three disciples differently from the others. They were his founding disciples; they were his foundation. Lin Qingcheng was the physical manifestation, a woman who cherished physical pleasure as much as himself. Zhou Ziyun was the brain, the mental manifestation. He and she often had similar thoughts about all kinds of matters. And lastly, Wu Qianyu was the manifestation of spirit. She was everything intangible; emotion, sentiment, and spirituality.

Although Lin Qingcheng was his first, he viewed the three of them almost equally. The last thing he wanted was a conflict between them. With Lin Qingcheng and Zhou Ziyun as close to each other as twins, the odd one out was Wu Qianyu. He had to make sure she was alright.

“Qianyu…” Chen Wentian said and knocked on the door.

A surge of spiritual energy undid the locks and the door swung open.

“Your spiritual control has gotten really good lately!” He praised as he stepped through.

The sight of a half-naked Wu Qianyu greeted his insatiable eyes. She was sitting cross-legged in a cultivation array, wearing nothing but a white gown that was almost see-through. The thin fabric hung off of her body and especially her twin peaks.

“Master…” She let the pain-filled spiritual aura around her dissipate and bowed respectfully.

“Good girl.” He pulled her up and gave her a kiss.

After sharing a sweet moment, they broke apart and sat down for a more serious conversation. He asked about the hiccup with the Zhou Clan whether she was alright. He wanted to make sure that she was completely satisfied with the resolution, that she wouldn’t harbor any resentment beneath her stoic demeanor.

“Master, I am fine. I should be asking the same about Sister Ziyun. I wasn’t really sure why I acted so harshly. I hope she was able to handle the fallout properly.”

“No worries. She can handle it. Speaking of which, I have something for you.”

He took out a circular golden object that was no bigger than a person’s palm. There was an indentation in the middle that seemed perfect for a lily flower.

“Take out your sect badge. It fits perfectly in there.” He said.

Wu Qianyu did so and found it to be the case. The white lily flower contrasted nicely with the golden background and gave off a splendid glow. Its aura was both calm and yet firm, giving the holder an air of authority.

“This…” He said, “Is your official badge for the one and only Punishment Elder of Ten Thousand Flower Valley. If anyone misbehaves, you have the authority to do punish them in my name.”

She blushed and held the badge to her chest, “Thank you… but are you sure?”

She didn’t know if she could bear such a responsibility. She didn’t think she deserve it. She had an elder position in the past in the Green Leaf Sect but that was because she was the daughter of the sect master and also the strongest disciple by far. Ten Thousand Flower Valley was different. There were so many talented and independent women, some that were much stronger than her.

Chen Wentian sensed her thoughts and rubbed her hand, “It doesn’t matter. I trust you. Just do what you feel is right.”

“…”

“For example, if there is an argument between disciples, do what you believe is right and what is fair to mediate. The sect will grow inevitably. There will be disciples of disciples and grand-disciples of disciples. They will all need a firm guiding hand. You are the best choice for the task. I believe in you.”

“Thank you…”

He laughed and pulled her to the bed, “Let’s do something fun.”

She nodded obediently and began to undress him. When he was left in his underwear, he stopped her and lied down.

“Show me what you’ve been up to, your new Touch of Pain.”

His immortal aura receded and there was no longer any spiritual energy protecting his skin.

Wu Qianyu sat beside him and concentrated for a moment until a ball of white energy gathered at the tip of her index finger.

“Very interesting. I never expected the attribute of pain to have such a color. Here, touch my arm. Use your full power.”

“Alright…”

Pain blossomed in his arm. It felt like he was being pierced by a million needles at once. His entire forearm went numb for a split second before her spiritual energy dissipated against his immortal body.

He was surprised by the intensity of her ability. The way it was already able to affect him like this meant that her Dao had great potential for tremendous power. She was well on her way to becoming an immortal and it wasn’t going to be just some average Spirit Lord. She had the talent for much more!

“Your ability takes a large amount of influence from the sword aura of Dugu’s 10th Sword?” He asked.

“Yeah, it was the thing I knew best so I did it without really meaning to. Should I not have?”

“Yes and no. Using another immortal Dao as inspiration can get you a head start which is good. But you should make a conscious effort to remove its influence as soon as possible. Plain sword aura is fine but the sword aura of Dugu’s 10th Sword isn’t. There are countless sword Daos in the world and while the sword is a flexible weapon, you should still seek to create something new instead of copying old and tired ideas.”

“I understand.”

“Good, now practice your ability on me a little more. I can bear it.”

She nodded and her hand began to roam across his chest.

---

Thank you to all my patrons!

Support me and read ahead by 14 or even 28 chapters!

p atreon.com/kigreenwriting

Join my discord for updates, delays, and my ramblings :)

d iscord.gg/dY5UApw

70