401. Six Meridians Demon Blight (II)
3.1k 5 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sect Master Liu Jia trembled as he stared up the strange immortal before him. He had never heard of Immortal Sword Bandit before and knew nothing about what kind of bad reputation Lin Huzhong could have had. None of that quite mattered at the moment since his life and his disciples’ lives had all been saved by this great man before him.

“Immortal Sword Bandit Lin Huzhong…” Liu Jia said softly, reverently, “This one will forever remember your name. My Pine Mountain Sect will forever remember your great name even after I am gone.”

“Don’t be so hasty about dying. Here!” “Here!” Chen Wentian said and pressed a small booklet into the old man’s chest with his fat hand, “This will help your sect against the current demon uprising.”

“Six Meridians… Demon Blight?” Liu Jia muttered as he thumbed through the pages.

“Hahaha! That’s right. Six Meridians Demon Blight. This is a sword style I have developed myself to fight demons. Don’t be dissuaded by its simplicity. It contains complex attributes that will allow you to destroy demons with a simple swing. How about a demonstration?”

Chen Wentian used his spiritual energy and pulled the most powerful jueyuan to his feet. The demon was at the peak of the Spirit Initiate Realm, more than a match for the old sect master who was only at the ninth level.

“How many attacks of your most powerful secret art would it take to kill this demon?” He asked.

Liu Jia shuddered slightly, “This one is useless… Lord Lin, I would need at least ten attacks to break through its tough defenses if it was not bound by your power.”

“Take a few moments to practice the first sword in my sword art.”

“As you command.” Liu Jia bowed.

The Pine Mountain Sect sect master diligently studied Zhou Ziyun’s creation. He flipped the first few pages back and forth, muttering to himself. He practiced the movements described within many times, first without a weapon and then with his sword. After a short while, he closed the book and looked back up.

“Lord Lin, I think I’ve grasped the basics of the first sword.”

Chen Wentian nodded sagely, “Your comprehension isn’t bad. Then again, I created this sword art to be accessible to all mortal cultivators. It is ingenious in its simplicity and yet it contains profound concepts at the same time. Hahaha, what did you think about it?”

“Er… yes, indeed it is very amazing and enlightening.” Liu Jia answered lamely. “I have never studied a sword art as incredible as this one.”

“Hahaha, good, good! Alright, no more idle chit-chat. Why don’t you try it out against this little demon.”

Chen Wentian waved his hand, freeing the lone jueyuan from imprisonment and surrounding them in a ring of spiritual energy.

The monkey-like creature beat its chest in fury and fondled its engorged genitals as it howled at Chen Wentian and Liu Jia. It then charged at the old sect master without warning, its thick and muscular arms intending to rip the man to shreds.

Liu Jia wasn’t a novice. He first retreated several steps and deftly dodged to the side. The demon rolled past and collided with the spiritual energy barrier. It screamed in frustration and shook its head several times. By the time it got back up and ready to fight, Liu Jia had already launched his attack.

“First Blight! Taiyin Sword!”

His sword shot out.

The demon’s sharp claws extended, intending to parry to incoming blow.

Then… against the expectations of both Liu Jia and the jueyuan, the sword sliced through three sets of demon claws as easily as a breeze and embedded itself in the demon’s palm so deeply that it came to rest against bone.

“Raaaahhh” The demon howled in pain, ripping his hand away with a fountain of blood.

“Wha…” Liu Jia looked at his sword and then at his writhing foe in astonishment.

Even if he had used the most powerful attack of his sect’s secret art, he could not have broken the jueyuan’s defense so easily. Yet, he was able to do it with one strike utilizing the simplest and weakest move of the Six Meridians Demon Blight sword style. Any doubt he had left in his heart about the strange Immortal Sword Bandit disappeared in an instant.

“Die demon!” He shouted and launched another attack.

Chen Wentian watched the fight silently. He was very satisfied with Zhou Ziyun’s creation. The sword style contained just enough demon slayer energy to give it a distinct advantage against all types of demons. It wasn’t so much that it was overpowered but it would certainly cause a stir amongst mortal cultivators. This was exactly the effect he wanted.

Liu Jia dispatched the powerful demon after a few more attacks. He suffered a few hits in return due to the difference in cultivation levels but it was still a groundbreaking result.

“Lord Lin!” Liu Jia once again bowed before Chen Wentian, “Your sword art is indeed everything you described it to be. I am beyond satisfied and thankful. If there is anything you wish me to do, even if it is to follow you through a sea of flames, I am willing!”

Chen Wentian waved him off, “Nonsense, I don’t need much. But I do have one request.”

“Please instruct me!”

Chen Wentian produced ten more booklets and dumped them into the old man’s arms, “Spread the Six Meridians Demon Blight across the land, far and wide. Give these books to your neighbors. Teach this sword style to all of your disciples without delay. Do not be stingy. Do not attempt to make money off of this. This is my generosity, do not sully it.”

This time, everyone fell to their knees and bowed.

“Thank you, Lord Immortal!”

“Thank you, Lord Lin!”

“Good. I am leaving to spread my sword style to more people. We will not meet again but remember my words.”

“Yes, immortal!”

“Yes!”

Hiding a smirk, Chen Wentian blasted off into the sky, leaving the Pine Mountain Sect behind. He would make many more stops today and in the following days, spreading the amazing Six Meridians Demon Blight sword style to as many cultivation sects and human factions as possible.

This was Zhou Ziyun’s plan. Since their unseen enemy had cast such a wide net, they were going to oblige and take the bite. The mass distribution of a pseudo demon slayer art would be irresistible and exactly what that pesky demon should be looking for.

Immortal Sword Bandit Lin Huzhong was the fat carp that was going to draw the fisherman out of hiding.

70