17. Sword Training
39.4k 5 330
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chen Wentain took Wu Qianyu around for what by now was a customary celebratory tour for a new disciple. He flew her to the same immortal island as last time that had great restaurants. Chen Wentian wanted her to sample things she'd never had a chance to before so he ordered many different dishes. Wu Qianyu, being at the Spirit Initiate Realm, didn't need his help to absorb spiritual energy which was sadly unfortunate for him.

He splurged on a private room this time so he could tease her while they ate. If anyone could see him, it was like he was flirting with his little wife instead of his disciple. Chen Wentian's spring had finally come and he was growing more and more bold. After having sex for a first time, it was as if his inhibition towards women was washed away. He didn't hesitate in sitting right next to Wu Qianyu until they were physically touching.

He told her stories about various immortals that he knew. As he talked animatedly, he would grab her by the waist and hug her from time to time, enjoying the feeling of her large soft breasts pressed against him. He described their powers and their territories, even those that he got into fights with and the battle in detail. In the meantime, he would sneakily touch her thigh, or gently stroke her back, or hold her hand warmly. Chen Wentian was indeed very happy, it was a wonderful day, and he had a beautiful new disciple by his side.

Wu Qianyu was very shy and reserved but enjoyed the food and the new experiences. She was very appreciative of her new master looking after her but her innate personality was very bashful in intimate situations. She had always been very guarded with her inner self even though she presented a noble and heroic figure to outsiders. His closeness also constantly reminded her of their passionate love affair so she was very embarrassed and would meekly try to push him away.

Chen Wentian with his occasionally intelligent mind noticed that she still seemed somewhat melancholy. He tried hard using many different ways to cheer but they weren't working as well as he hoped. He had an idea after the meal so he took her flying towards a remote area in the neighboring mountains and landed in a large clearing with many large boulders. Some of the rocks were the size of people, some were even larger and the size of small houses.

Chen Wentian understood that Wu Qianyu was an older woman who had seen a lot more of the world than someone naive like Lin Qingcheng. Flirting and giving her attention simply wasn't good enough. He decided to teach her some powerful techniques so she would trust in his strength. He wanted to be a reliable master, one she could completely place her hope and dreams on.

"Qianyu, meeting you is my greatest fortune," Chen Wentian said, "Fate brought you to me and now we are bound. Also, did you know? Your talent in cultivation is quite excellent. 5th Level of Spirit Initiate at age thirty is really amazing. Many immortals had a similar rate of cultivation like you while in the mortal realm."

"Really master?" Wu Qianyu was surprised by this as she had never interacted with an immortal and her experience in the matters of ascending were limited.

"But we're not going to talk about ordinary immortals," Chen Wentian continued, "Because your master is not an ordinary immortal, and therefore you also won't be an ordinary immortal! Your bravery and determination were commendable in your previous battle, but what you were lacking is the proper tools! So, I have decided..."

With a flourish, Chen Wentian withdrew the purple sword he previously used. He placed it in her hands. "Qianyu, this is yours now. The Purple Jade Sword is a true Spirit Lord level weapon. Try it out!"

"Thank you, Master!" Wu Qianyu's hand trembled with excitement as she pulled the glowing purple blade from its scabbard. She studied it in interest. It was thin and light and about a meter in length. The blade was flexible but extremely sharp. She could feel the immense energy concentrated within. It was a truly powerful weapon!

She directed her focus towards the smallest boulder which was half her size and utilized her sect's martial arts to attack it. The purple light cut through it like it was tofu.

"Try again!" Chen Wentian encouraged.

She attacked a larger boulder the size of a man and it also sliced through completely. Afterwards, she attempted it on a house sized rock but finally met her match as no matter how much she tried, she could only could leave a shallow blade mark.

"Master, this sword is amazing!" Wu Qianyu clutched her new sword in awe.

She thought back to her fight with the demon monkeys. If she had this sword, she would undoubtedly have beaten the alpha demon monkey, she thought with conviction.

Chen Wentian seemed to sense what she was thinking, "Qianyu, to celebrate our fated meeting, I have another gift, a supreme immortal sword art, called Dugu's 10th Sword! Only with a matching sword art can the true power of the Purple Jade Sword be brought out."

He extended spiritual energy into the air which formed shimmering words in front of her, displaying the manual of Dugu's 10th Sword. Wu Qianyu had improved mental capacity due to being in the Spirit Initiate Realm and she quickly memorized the contents. She began to practice the sword arts as she recited the manual.

"Dugu's 10th Sword, the supreme crystallization of sword intent and the Dao of the sword. The 10th sword seeks to go beyond the mortal realm of sword play involving such aspects as speed or formlessness. This sword seeks the ultimately spirituality within the sword. What is a sword? A sword is the most flexible and most versatile weapon. It is also an extension of your body, an extension of your mind, and an extension of your spirit. With sword in hand you can overcome any obstacle, any difficulty, any enemy. "

"First Movement, Slash the World. Conquer your fears, conquer your doubt, conquer your heart. This slash will slash through anything. Trust your belief, trust your spirit, trust your sword. You shall slash apart the world..." Wu Qianyu sat on the ground and diligently cultivated.

Chen Wentian quietly observed Wu Qianyu as she seemed quickly gain some entry level understanding of the first movement. The 10th Sword contained archaic concepts of sword Dao that stemmed from the experiences of an immortal so it was pretty impressive for her to gain a little bit on insight into it so quickly.

After meditating for a long time, Wu Qianyu got back up to try out the sword. She channeled her energy into another sword slash with all of her focus and attacked the house sized rock once again. Boom! It was much more powerful than before. Bits of rock and dust blew out and about. After it slowly cleared, the house sized rock had a huge jagged crack halfway through the rock. Wu Qianyu panted heavily from the exertion but she was very happy with the results. It was indeed a supremely powerful sword art.

Chen Wentian walked up behind her and whispered in her ear, "Qianyu, let me show you a little..."

He hugged her from behind and plastered his body to hers.

"Master!" Qianyu squeaked in panic.

"Shh, relax, the intent of Slash the World is not purely power but the intent to split apart everything in the world. Visualize. Think like this, rock was always meant to be apart, it was never whole, its already in half. Use the sword as the vessel for your spirit and intent."

Her sword hand still held the sword so he wrapped his large hands around hers. His other hand tightly wrapped around her waist. He extended his spiritual energy to surround her and formed it into sharp blades of sword energy. The cold razor sharpness flitting about helped enhance her own budding sword energy. His hand around hers guided the sword as it slashed at another giant rock even bigger than the previous house sized one.

Although this slash was slower than hers, the purple blade of sword light was not, in the blink of an eye, it had penetrated the entire giant rock and disappeared into the mountain side. There was no sound, no impact, but there was the thin trace of a straight cut along the entire surface. A normal person couldn't tell what happened but Wu Qianyu could. She was incredibly shocked as she sensed the cut in the rock was completely smooth! So smooth, one could use a bit of strength to merely push the rock apart. True mastery of that slash was so terrifying!

Wu Qianyu wanted to thank her master for these amazing gifts but found that she couldn't move. Look back at him, who was still holding her and giving her a teasing smile, she begged, "Master, could you let me go?"

330