52. Misery Loves Company
19.1k 8 198
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The visiting sects paid close attention to Zhou Ziyun as she took the stage for the next match. She was their last hope against the Beast God Sactum in the junior group. They already wrote off the last match which had the monstrous He Guxie. Based on her cultivation, Zhou Ziyun had a good chance to at least get second place.

Zhou Ziyun faced off against Yuwen Tian on the stage. Yuwen Tian grinned viciously as she stared at her opponent. She and her twin sister had received the best treatment and resources by being He Xinghan's women. Yet her opponent seemed to defy logic. In her heart Yuwen Tian was incredibly shocked by Zhou Ziyun's massive progress. One year ago, she was merely a middling Body Refinement cultivator!

"Hehe, slut! I'll make you scream. You'll beg me to stop as I rip up your face!" Yuwen Tian taunted.

Zhou Ziyun silently observed her, her aura seemed to grow unnaturally stronger every second. It was probably due to some sort of drug taken before the match. This was highly unfair but not prohibited by the loose rules. The effect was quite powerful as it raised Yuwen Tian's strength to the 5th Level of the Mind Focusing Realm.

"It's a Beast God Sanctum specialty, a power boost pill, but nothing for you to worry about." Chen Wentian's voice drifted into her ears.

Zhou Ziyun smiled with confidence. She calculated her options as she went through every possible strategy. The best approach was a quick strike! She breathed deeply as she collected her strength, preparing for the start.

"Begin!"

The two women seemed to think along the same lines as they both immediately charged at each other.

"Come here, bitch!" Yuwen Tian screamed.

Zhou Ziyun eyes followed Yuwen Tian and her claws, calculating the trajectory of her first swipe and dodging it perfectly. With her heaven defying comprehension, Zhou Ziyun had already mastered the rudimentary forms for all of the Nineteen Demon Subduing Palms. Taking advantage of the opening she unleashed her chosen attack, the third palm!

"Demon Cries in Misery!"

Bam! Bam! Bam!

Three quick punches landed in quick succession. Yuwen Tian was stunned! She was completely unprepared and her face bore the brunt. Makeup completely ruined, both eyes swelling, she could barely see where the next attacks came from.

Zhou Ziyun rained down punishment without stopping. This was the specialty of 'Demon Cries in Misery' which focused on fast attacks causing injury and misery but not necessarily a knockout blow.

"Ahh!"

"Noo!"

Yuwen Tian was quickly overwhelmed and fell to the ground. She could no longer fight back and was crying hysterically. Her face was covered in tears and blood and she moaned in pain but Zhou Ziyun didn't stop. The audience couldn't tell the different between this and a street brawl as they watched in strange fascination.

"I surrender! I surrender!" Yuwen Tian cried out.

"Stop!" "Halt!"

"Winner, Zhou Ziyun!" The judges declared.

The stadium was silent. Nobody expected such a lopsided victory, especially after Yuwen Tian had taken a pill. Zhou Ziyun gave a few bows before returning to her seat. He Zicheng glared at her menacingly while Gong Liyun had a beaming smile.

The crowd was muzzled and dejected for the first time. They managed to recover some energy in the next match as He Guxie beat down his opponent in an equally brutal manner. He wanted to show off his strength after Zhou Ziyun's performance and a sad junior from a random sect was unlucky enough to be on in the wrong place at the wrong time. Even after his opponent cried for surrender, he kept up his attacks for quite some time before being forced to stop by the judges. He Guxie was still unsatisfied as both the judges and the crowd were still more impressed by Zhou Ziyun.

---

There was a pause for lunch before the semifinal and final matches. This gave the contestants some time to rest. It also gave the audience a chance to place bets on the final results. Gambling was very popular in the Beast God Sanctum and soon the bets flowed in from the eager audience.

He Guxie had overwhelming odds to no one's surprise. Zhou Ziyun and the other two contestants had terrible odds but great payouts. Thus, Zhou Ziyun confidently bet all her money on herself. She became very rich after the revival of her clan's businesses and she easily brought out forty thousand taels of gold. Chen Wentian and his other disciples also threw their spare gold in support. In total, Ten Thousand Flower Valley put up a total of around a million taels of gold on Zhou Ziyun to win the junior group with Chen Wentian providing the majority of the funds.

---

The tournament resumed and the first match was over in an instant as Yuwen Bing immediately surrendered to He Guxie without a fight. There were some boos from the crowd but nobody expected her to win anyway.

It second semifinal match was much more exciting as it was Zhou Ziyun against Beast God Sanctum's Ji Ming. Beast God Sanctum was sure to pull some tricks again and the fans eagerly cheered for a hometown win.

Zhou Ziyun studied her opponent carefully on the stage, noticing some weirdness in his breathing and his aura. His eyes seemed bloodshot and his mental state was a mess.

"Careful, Ziyun, that guy took some sort of beast transformation pill." Chen Wentian's voice sounded in her ear, "Looks like Beast God Sanctum really wants to test your limits. The pill will raise him temporarily the 6th Level of Mind Focusing."

"What a bunch of cheating savages..." Zhou Ziyun muttered.

"Indeed... I won't give you too many hints. You're smart enough. Just avoid a head on fight in the beginning." With that, Chen Wentian cut off the spiritual connection and let her concentrate.

Ji Ming's muscles bulged out more and more. His eyes became blood red as he began to grow a pair horns from his forehead. His clothes ripped apart as he grew more than twice in mass and skin became dark and fuzzy. Ji Ming seemed to have lost his senses as he shook his head from side to side and snorted like a wild animal.

The crowd went wild with cheers. It was a partial bull transformation! There was a Spirit Lord Realm immortal that was well known for his Bull Transformation Art. Ji Ming was likely his disciple. It was a rare to see a showcase of such a powerful immortal art.

"Begin!"

"Mooooo!" Ji Ming roared in fury as he locked eyes on his target.

A solid wall of flesh launched itself towards Zhou Ziyun. Ji Ming was completely naked and his furry dark skin, bulging limbs, and the sizable bull testicles that swung about freely made for an exceptionally grotesque sight.

The half-bull Ji Ming was like a boulder rolling down a mountain. Zhou Ziyun dodged away quickly as he smashed his face and body into where she stood a split second prior. The stone surface of the stage cracked and shattered from the impact.

"Snort! Roar!"

Ji Ming shook off the debris like it was nothing and launched himself at Zhou Ziyun again. She was forced to dodge once more and didn't attempt to attack him head on.

The beast transformation pill was a short cut for the Bull Transformation Art. Normally, only a cultivator at the peak of the Mind Focusing Realm could start attempting the transformation. This pill allowed him to transform with the side effect of having almost zero control over his new bestial instincts. He had overwhelming power and speed but no control. He charged mindlessly in a straight line, over and over again, not once hitting his target.

Due to the uncontrollable bestial energy and the beautiful woman in front, the half man half bull Ji Ming soon sported a raging bull erection that jutted outward obscenely. It looked so indecent and hideous that many ladies in the crowd had to avert their eyes.

Ji Ming snorted and roared like a rutting bull. With drool flying and his organ waving about, he chased after Zhou Ziyun.

"Bastard!" Zhou Ziyun was really pissed off but she could only use her speed to avoid him.

After over minute of chasing, the half beast Ji Ming lost a lot of energy and it was finally Zhou Ziyun's turn to counter attack.

"Demon's Agony!"

Th fourth palm of the Nineteen Demon Subduing Palms aimed to cause as much agony in the shortest amount of time. Simply put, it was a form specialized in attacking the most sensitive and weak area of an opponent. Also, 'palms' is a misnomer as the nineteen forms all could be used with one's legs. Zhou Ziyun felt it was the perfect opportunity to use the leg version as her boots crashed down onto the pink disgusting appendage of the half bull beast.

Bam!

Ji Ming stumbled for a few steps. The shock of the attack and the searing pain in his groin almost broke through his bestial haze. However, the inner beast held on as he turned around and charge over again.

"Mooo! Roar!"

Bam! Bam!

Ji Ming's speed was much slower now and Zhou Ziyun landed merciless attacks onto both of his engorged testicles.

"Muuuurrrru?"

Ji Ming almost fell over. He was incoherent as he doubled over from soul crushing agony. This only gave Zhou Ziyun an easier target as her boots connected once again.

Bam!

"Aaaaaahhh!"

Ji Ming let out an uncharacteristic squeal as he tried to run away. Would Zhou Ziyun let this bastard off? Of course not.

The tables were turned as it was Ji Ming's turn to be chased around the stage. Zhou Ziyun felt better and better as she landed blow after blow.

"Stop!"

The judges had seen enough as Ji Ming eventually collapsed into a heap. Zhou Ziyun ignored them and continued kicking the miserable fellow.

"Stop! Hey, I said stop!" He Zicheng yelled, jumping up to intervene but was he block by Gong Liyun.

"Young lady, it’s time to stop." Gong Liyun gently chided Zhou Ziyun and she finally stopped.

"Winner, Zhou Ziyun!"

198