Chapter 35 – Find you!
1.5k 0 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The slowly rising sun illuminated the forest. A group of humans with wolves walked between the trees. They were haggard and tired after a whole night searching.

Vincent’s face was dark. He followed the wolves but didn’t see anything that resembled some kind of trace. The snow started to fall around midnight and only stopped recently. So even if he turned back and tried to look for traces in other directions, he couldn’t find anything.

„Are you sure we are going the right way?!” he asked Dedra.

Dedra sighed. He stopped counting after Vincent asked it the 10th time. „We almost leave the forest. Just a little more, and we can find noticeable traces.”

„You kidding, right? The snow fell half of the night. What the hell do you think you can see?” Lex argued. He was tired. They walked who knew how many kilometers. After awakening his ability, he was stronger than the average humans, but he wasn’t invincible.

Dedra didn’t pay any attention to him. They never had a good relationship. He pulled Queen’s tail. In reality, he wasn’t as calm as he showed. The wolves hardly found any traces. He hoped they could found a road or a house... Something that they used as a temporary stop.

Maybe their luck came back. After leaving the forest, the wolves found a road and a can that was casually thrown on the side. It was under the snow, but one of the wolves’ ability somehow detected it.

Vincent’s attitude became a little better, but they were at a loss again.

„Using an ability for so long... I don’t think they flew...” Egbert analyzed. He looked left and right but didn’t find any clues. He took out a map.

„They are tired too. They need a place to take a break.” Lex stood next to him and watched the map. He pointed at a place. „This place? It’s a factory, but that’s the closest.”

Egbert nodded. There were a lot of buildings. „Possible. But I’m afraid the workers there turned into zombies. It’ll be problematic.”

Vincent looked at one of the servants, and he took out two big cars from his space.

The other’s faces brightened. They could take a break before fighting with the zombies. They hoped to find a lot and use them to release their rage.

Dedra looked at the zombie next to him. „Aren’t they forget about me?”

The man finally got his attention and happily nodded.

Dedra’s face darkened and patted his head. „Do you think you are something?”

The zombie’s eyes shined and continuously nodded.

Dedra was speechless. He didn’t know how this stupid survived before meeting with him.

Howard watched them and imagined a thousand ways to kill the zombie...

They sat in the cars and went to the factory. Some wolves went in the opposite direction, and some went into the forest to look around.

Dedra chose to sit on Thunder’s back. He followed them and tried to find other zombies. To his surprise, he didn’t find any. Even after reaching the factory, there wasn’t a stay one around.

Even the others could feel that something wasn’t right with this place. They went to look around and found traces of the zombies. But where did they go?

„They weren’t killed but pulled away. But what was their intent with this?” Lex looked at the destroyed fence. They left there, but because of the snow, they didn’t know where they went.

„They disappeared recently... But was this the kidnapper’s work? Could it be another team?” Egbert was confused. It wasn’t reasonable.

No one answered. They were as confused as him. Only Vincent’s face became paler. He had a guess. Originally, Klaye was abandoned in a warehouse and surrounded by zombies... Did they want to do the same? But why?! There wasn’t any reason for it!

Dedra wanted to say something too, but he felt a presence. The zombie next to him became excited and ran into that way.

„Don’t kill it!” he shouted after him, then turned to Vincent. „There’s a witness. I’m back right away!”

Vincent nodded, then followed him. He didn’t know what else he could do.

They walked to the bushes outside of the factory’s territory. They heard some roar, then an excited shout. Before they could reach, the zombie jumped out of the bush with another one in his hands. He hugged it happily and walked over, while the other one tried his best to get out of his embrace. It was frightened and wanted to run away.

Vincent looked at it. Its body wasn’t as complete as the ones that followed Dedra. Even if it already evolved, it was more ordinary. The only difference was the emotions it’s showed.

The zombie was frightened by something and ran there, but it ended up running into something more frightening.

Dedra put his hand on its head and communicated with it. His mind control was different. He could even see some pictures from the other’s memories.

After 3 minutes, Dedra’s appearance became worse. He put down his hand. „I found him, but I don’t know his state...”

„Show the way!” Vincent impatiently stopped him.

Dedra nodded and walked away. He heard an impatient roar behind him. He didn’t turn back, just waved. „You can eat it.”

They heard a happy roar and bone-breaking noises. The captured zombie shouted desperately, but it stopped suddenly. After his head was torn off, its skull was broken, and its brain was removed.

The zombie ate the brain and followed Dedra.

The other’s faces paled. They almost forgot this one was a zombie too.

After walking a kilometer, they found an abandoned warehouse in the forest. There were traces left behind by cars and humans.

Dedra stopped the others and turned to Vincent. „It’s better if you go alone.”

„No!” Egbert disagreed. „From the traces, you can see there are more than a hundred zombies!”

„There aren’t! And Vincent can handle them alone!” Dedra turned to him. „It’s better if you check the traces left behind the kidnappers!”

„Do what he says!” Vincent commanded and ran into the warehouse.

He saw the broken door and a lot of footprints, but the place was too quiet. It frightened him. After stepping into the warehouse, he saw a lot of zombies lying on the ground. In the middle, there was a pile. Vincent ran over and threw them away one by one.

He knew Klaye’s blood had this kind of effect. But it only worked if his flesh or blood entered the zombie’s body. Vincent’s heart jumped rapidly. If Klaye was bitten by so many zombies, then he...

Vincent heard a weak gasping voice and stopped. It didn’t come from under the zombies. He stood up and looked around. He tried to find the source. He focused so strongly, he even forgot to breathe. Finally, he captured that voice and looked up.

The light wasn’t strong in the warehouse, but Vincent could see Klaye properly. That white face, those unfocused eyes... he would never forget it. The man seemed to be so fragile, Vincent didn’t even dare to speak. After a little pause, he softly whispered. „Klaye... Klaye...”

Klaye didn’t know how long he waited. His consciousness was cloudy. He wasn’t sure if he really heard that familiar voice or his imagination played with him. He lost a lot of blood and lost his glasses. It made it hard to see anything. He reached his limit a long time ago. „Vin...ent...” he whispered.

„Yes, I’m here!” he spoke a little louder. He saw the relief on Klaye’s face.

 Klaye chose to believe in his ears and let go of the girder.

Vincent jumped over and caught him. He felt his cold body and gently hugged him. He checked his body and only found injuries on his legs. Most of them weren’t that big, but part of the muscle on his left leg was bitten out. It still bled a little.

He understood why Dedra didn’t let the others come in. But after this incident, he couldn’t hide Klaye’s ability anymore.

Vincent ran out and went to one of the cars. „Dedra! Come and see his injuries!”

Dedra went over and examined Klaye. His expression became serious. He hugged Klaye and stood up. „It isn’t good! I need to take him back!”

Vincent grabbed his clothes. „Why you?!”

„I’m the fastest!” with one sentence, Dedra silenced him. „He lost a lot of blood, and there are even frostbites on his legs! If he doesn’t get treatment right away, he’ll die!”

Vincent released his clothes but didn’t intend to give up. „I go with you!”

„For what? You are in the way!” Dedra narrowed his eyes. „Do you want to let them escape?! Then what will you do next time? I know you care for him, but right now, you can’t help! If you want to do something, then go and kill them! Don’t give them a chance to escape! Or the next time, it’ll be worse!”

Vincent stepped back. He knew it was the truth, but he didn’t like it!

„You can rest assured, I don’t let him die! Go and kill them! Don’t dare to come back before it!” Dedra walked away. His voice still reached them. „Take that zombie with you and let him eat their brain. It helps his evolution!”

Lex and the others were shocked. They looked after Dedra, but he disappeared into the forest. They could only look at the excited zombie who was left behind.

Vincent kicked a tree, and it flew away. His rage broke out. He really needed something to release it. Those bastards would be the best.

„Capture all of them!” he commanded and grabbed Queen. „I need your help!”

Queen’s body stiffened. She couldn’t understand why ’speak with the wolves’ turned into ’fight with the boss’.

44