Chapter 36 – Capturing the kidnappers
1.5k 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vincent slowly calmed down and watched the road in front of him. The kidnappers left some time before, but only a little snow fell after it. They could see the traces easily.

„We’ll go on the road. Queen, you go with the wolves. Hide in the forest and find a good place to ambush them.” Vincent turned to Thunder. „You guys try to hold them up until we’ll catch up! You can kill them, but leave that woman to me!”

Queen nodded and jumped on the back of the wolf. She didn’t dare to say no.

Thunder was the same. Originally he wanted to leave after finding that human, but his instinct told him he couldn’t go against the man in front of him. At least, not now. He howled and ran away with the other wolves.

„O... O... A...” the zombie spoke and stepped left and right. He tried to get their attention.

Vincent looked at him blankly. He didn’t want to care about him, but the zombie became more and more irritating. So he waved and said. „Go with them. You can take the head of the dead ones.”

The zombie froze, then widened his eyes. „Ooooo...”

The others only felt a strong wind passing by, and the zombie disappeared. They didn’t see his movements at all. They looked at each other and shivered. They didn’t think he would be so strong...

They sat in the cars and left. The road was partly cleared, and it made it easier for them to travel. After an hour, they saw the shadow of some cars.

When they went closer, they saw some trees and other plants attacking the kidnappers. They were so focused they didn’t notice Vincent’s team.

They didn’t saw any wolves. Maybe they hid and waited for a good opportunity.

Vincent told the others to hide and left. He went into the forest to find Queen. He didn’t go far, and the cat ran to him.

„What happened?” he saw her shining proud eyes. He had an idea but still played along and asked.

’Hehe! I can control humans and animals, so I always wanted to try if my power works on plants too. But it’s better than I imagined! Originally, plants didn’t have wills, so after their evolution, they are just blank papers! I don’t even need to control them!’ Queen smiled and showed her teeth. ’I just told them there’s a group of bad guys who burned a forest, and they went crazy!’

Vincent was speechless. It was really too easy. But he didn’t remember anyone mentioning the animals’ leader could control the plants. If she could, her city wouldn’t be destroyed so early. And after thinking about it, he realized Dedra’s power was different too. They were stronger and more capable. But why? It was caused by his rebirth, or... Vincent put away these thoughts. Right now he needed to concentrate on his revenge. Later, he would have enough time to think about these things.

He hugged Queen and caressed her back. „Where’s Gardena? Isn’t she using her power?”

’Oh, she can’t use it on animals and plants. And it seems to have some conditions to control humans too.’ she said proudly. That time when her power lost against hers, she felt inferior. It hurt her pride, and she wished to defeat her. Now she was stronger and found a lot of problems with her opponent’s power. It made her happy.

Vincent watched the fight and sighed. Some months before, this group caused him a lot of problems, yet they died so easily under the attack of the plants. He really knew too little about them.

Some plants hid under the ground and waited patiently. When a human became tired and didn’t pay enough attention, they found their most defenseless points and attacked them. They killed a lot, but they were on the losing side. Gardena’s team lost half of its members, but they went through a lot of fights and killed the plants easily. Yet their states weren’t right. They were frightened by an unexplainable phenomenon. Once someone died, their head disappeared before their body could fell on the ground. They didn’t see anything. They believed a ghost played with them.

Howard watched this with a pale face. He didn’t think his rival would be so strong. He found out a lot of ways to kill him, but he was glad he didn’t attack after Dedra left. Now he could only use his brain to win against him.

Vincent watched the fight for a while. He noticed, they stood around a car. He guessed Gardena hid inside it. He gently patted Queen’s head. „Send the plants away. I need some of them alive to get some information. And I’m sure Gardena doesn’t come out if no one left on her side. I don’t want to know what she hid in the car.”

Queen nodded, and her eyes shined. The plants suddenly stopped, then turned away. They left as suddenly as they attacked.

Ulland lost one of his arms, and his injuries weren’t minor. Yeoman supported him and tried to stop the bleeding on his shoulder. He wasn’t in better condition. He used up all of his power, and he was injured too. They thought they could take a break, but after a while, they noticed a man walking over to them. Their eyes widened when they recognized him.

„Vincent?! Why are you here?” Ulland shouted.

The shout awakened the others and they looked around vigilantly. It was impossible for Vincent to come here alone. But they didn’t saw anyone, only guessed some places they could hide.

„Why?” Vincent’s eyes narrowed. „After what you did, you still asking this? Isn’t it natural to take revenge?”

Ulland was so tensed up because of the plants’ attack, he really forgot about they closed Klaye into the warehouse. Now he remembered but didn’t care about it. He didn’t think a ’pet’ would be so precious. But when he saw the cat in Vincent’s hands he felt it ironic. „You don’t seem to care about it that much! You already found a new pet!”

Vincent smiled. „Oh, this one? I just take her out for a walk. And I thought if I come out, then why not take along a hundred wolves? You see, they need a lot of places to run around too. But after a whole night running, they are hungry. Gladly, I ran into you guys!”

The wolves ran out of their hideouts and surrounded them.  Vincent didn’t lie, they were really hungry. After hearing what he said, they licked their mouths greedily.

Ulland shivered and retreated to the car. The other surrounded him, but all of them knew they didn’t have any chance.

Suddenly, the car’s door opened, and Gardena came out. She played with her hair and looked at Vincent. „Long time no see!”

„... I hoped I never see you again! You had the chance to ran away and hide until the day you die, yet you come back to die under my hands.” Vincent’s face darkened.

Gardena looked away and muttered. „It’s destined to happen...”

Vincent was vigilant, yet he felt that something wasn’t right. He didn’t know when or how, but he started to lose control over his body. In his helplessness, he could only strengthen his hold on Queen. Hoping, she noticed the problem with him.

„You find us so fast! I’m sure you liked my gift!” Gardena smiled and walked over.

Vincent tried to step back, but he couldn’t move an inch. He couldn’t even speak. He completely lost control over his body, only his consciousness was still unaffected. He blankly watched as Gardena stood in front of him and slowly touched his face.

She showed a wronged expression. „You can’t blame me for it! I loved you wholeheartedly, but you threw me away for a guy! You’re so heartless! I can’t believe it!” she blinked, and her tears fell. „Please, don’t be like this! We were so happy together! Why did you abandon it for a sudden interest? I love you! I love you so much! If...” she bit her lips. „If you want to have other lovers too, I don’t mind! I can accept it, but please, once you bored, come back to me, okay? Let’s live happily as before!...”

Vincent heard all of her words but only felt nausea. Sorrowfully, he couldn’t even spit on her face. He wished to move, just a little bit!

Gardena stood on tiptoe, and her lips slowly came closer to his. She knew it was her victory once she kissed Vincent. But their height difference was problematic. She went closer and closer but couldn’t reach him. She didn’t even pay attention to the unfortunate cat being pressed between the two.

Queen watched the show with interest. Her previous owner liked these kinds of dramas, and it hooked her. She excitedly waited for Vincent’s answer, but there wasn’t any word. It somehow disappointed her.

When she was pressed between the two, she finally came back to her senses. Her rage broke out. She couldn’t believe this woman dared to steal away her servant’s husband! What the hell did she think about her?! And the man too! She would teach him a lesson, once she finished the woman. How did he dare to play with others when his lover was in the hospital?!

Her eyes lit up, and the light became stronger and stronger. Until it turned into two burning suns...

Gardena almost reached Vincent. There were only 3 centimeters between their lips. She lightly curved her lips, she won. But the moment they touched, she didn’t felt anything. The world around her turned dark. It was cold, and she couldn’t move. She only saw two shining points in front of her...

43