Chapter 39 – Waking up
1.6k 4 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Klaye didn’t know how long he waited. He felt cold and every part of his body hurt. Even breathing became hard. Vaguely he heard the voice he was waiting for and fell into a deep sleep.

He didn’t dream about anything. His cold body warmed, then turned hot. The pain became stronger, and he wanted to shout, but couldn’t. When everything passed, Klaye only had a vague feeling... He lost something important...

After a long time, Klaye slowly opened his eyes. His consciousness was confused. He watched the white ceiling and slowly recalled the last thing he remembered... Gardena... she was an actor too...

Klaye’s eyes widened and wanted to sit up, but his body was too weak. Then he remembered about his injuries and looked around. He was in a hospital room, but he didn’t remember when or how he left the warehouse. He tried to move his hands and felt that he held something in his right hand.

Klaye looked down and finally noticed the man sleeping next to him.

Originally Vincent sat next to his bed and held his hand, but during his waiting, he fell asleep. Now his upper body lay on the bed and his face was turned towards Klaye.

Klaye saw his haggard face with dark circles under his eyes and felt heartache. He didn’t know how long he slept or how bad his condition was when they found him, but the pressure on Vincent was worse. It made Klaye felt more painful than any of his injuries.

Klaye gently held his hand and watched him. He never thought he would cause so much trouble to him.

The ward’s room was quietly opened, and a doctor came in. „... You’re awake. Good morning!”

„Edward?” Klaye whispered. He didn’t want to wake up his tired lover.

„You seem to be energetic.” he saw Vincent sleeping and spoke softly. „You slept almost 3 days and a lot of things happened.” he walked over and put his hand on Klaye’s forehead.

„A lot of things... What about Gardena?”

„It’s better if you ask the man next to you.”

Klaye looked over, but Vincent slept soundly. As if he felt Klaye was okay.

Klaye was confused. „Edwa...”

Dedra put his finger on Klaye’s lip and stopped him. „I threw away that name. Just call me Dedra.”

Klaye was stunned, but before he could grasp the meaning of those words, the doctor left the ward. He watched the closed door and whispered. „What the hell happened...?”

In the next half an hour, Klaye came up with a lot of ideas but later denied them. He couldn’t find the right cause why Edward knew that name. He was so eager to know the truth, but no one came to see him. He couldn’t believe it. Where was that stupid cat at a time like this?! Why didn’t she show up?

Vincent felt his hand was held tighter. The force only changed for a short time, but it was enough for him to notice something changed. He slowly sat up and massaged his forehead.

Klaye didn’t notice his movement. He thought about how to punish that unruly cat.

Vincent watched the frowning man on the bed and gently touched his face. „How do you feel?”

Klaye felt that he was lucky for being weak, or he would jump out of the bed from the fright. He looked at Vincent with widened eyes. „Do I wake you up?”

Vincent was stunned. He didn’t think his sudden move would frighten him. „Sorry. I didn’t want to frighten you.”

„... It’s okay. I was the one who didn’t pay attention and wake you up...” Klaye blushed. They were lovers for a while now, yet he still was shy. Klaye didn’t like this, but he couldn’t change easily.

Vincent smiled and kissed Klaye’s cheek. Then he helped him sat up and adjusted the bed.

Klaye felt comfortable and wanted to thank him, but a glass of water was placed in his hands. He slowly drank it and sighed. He didn’t realize his throat was dry.

Klaye put down the glass and looked into Vincent’s eyes. „Dedra came here... But he didn’t tell me anything... Can you tell me what happened after I was kidnapped?”

Vincent nodded and stayed silent for a while. At that time, when he realized Klaye disappeared, his mind wasn’t in the right state. Now it wasn’t that easy to remember about everything. He vaguely spoke about their search in the city, the abandoned garage, and house, Valen’s betrayal... His desperate time, when they lost their trace... Then Dedra and the wolves’ appearance and help...

Klaye was stunned. „He chose that name because he like it?!”

Vincent was confused. Why was this the only thing he asked after his long speech?

„I mean, I thought maybe he was reborn too or somehow inherited some memories...” Klaye spoke about some of his ideas.

Vincent was a little angry and jealous. Why was this the thing he thought after waking up? Why wasn’t he thinking about him?

Klaye realized he said something wrong and shut up. He gestured with his hand to Vincent to continue his story.

Vincent sighed and continued. He mentioned killing Gardena and the zombie who ate their brain. He said he didn’t know the rest because he ran back to see him. Then he stopped to speak.

Klaye was curious. „And what happened after that?”

Vincent didn’t speak. He finally understood why Dedra made Klaye thinking about his name change. He didn’t want him to remember about the child! That day, Klaye just found out about his pregnancy, and he was kidnapped. The tension while he waited for Vincent to save him, made him forget about it...

„Then what? What did the doctor say?” Klaye pulled his hand. He felt tense as if he forgot something.

„... Your treatment lasted for hours.” Vincent continued. „You lost too much blood and had a high fever. The injuries and frostbites on your legs will leave scars... And your left leg was bitten, maybe it will cause problem while walking...”

Klaye recalled the strong pain. „So I was bitten that time...”

„The doctor didn’t find any trace about other types of injuries...” Vincent held his hand stronger. „Did they hurt you? Or did they said something?”

Klaye shook his head. „Nothing happened...”

He suddenly froze and widened his eyes. It wasn’t true! They wanted to rape him! But he was saved, because...

Klaye touched his stomach and grabbed Vincent’s hand. „What about the child?! How is it?!” he shouted desperately.

Vincent hugged him and patted his back. „It’s okay. If you like children, we can have even a dozen!”

Klaye cried out. „What okay?! You bastard! I lost it, right?!”

Vincent’s heart ached as he hugged the man stronger. He didn’t know how to comfort him. He could only promise, he would work hard to have another one.

Klaye released all his sorrow and cried. He knew it would be like this, that’s why he tried to forget it so desperately. His script mentioned it. In the institution, the researchers realized they needed Klaye’s flesh for a lot of things and it wasn’t enough. They made some tests and saw he was capable to give birth. If the child stayed in his stomach for 9 months, then it would be stronger. That’s why they chose him a capable man as his partner. But after he was pregnant, the researchers didn’t stop to draw his blood. And after 2 months, he lost the child.

The researchers didn’t give up. They chose another strong man and it repeated itself. After the 3rd miscarriage, Klaye’s womb was damaged and he couldn’t have another one...

Klaye didn’t want to have Vincent’s child, because he was sure it would be the same in this life too. Because it was a thing he couldn’t change, it didn’t matter how much he wanted.

Klaye felt the hug became stronger and came back to his senses. He patted Vincent’s back. „Do you know? That book had some extras... Some of them mentioned my life in the institution...” he moved closer and put his head on Vincent’s shoulder. „They made me pregnant 3 times, but I couldn’t give birth.”

Vincent caressed his back. „You are alive! To me that the most important thing! Maybe you think I’m cruel, but the moment I chose you as my lover I never thought about having a child in this life!”

Klaye was stunned. He never thought about it this way. Originally he was a woman, so having children and becoming a mother was an instinct sleeping deep inside his soul...

He sighed and looked up at Vincent’s face. He didn’t notice when he stopped to cry. He watched the man’s gentle smile. Maybe he needed to rethink some things and threw away the unnecessary thoughts. Because spending the rest of his life with the man he loved... Even without a child, it could be his happiest time!

Vincent saw Klaye finally smiled and kissed his lips. He felt he was so seductive at this moment, but they were in the hospital, and Klaye’s injuries didn’t healed. He couldn’t lose control. He wiped the tears off of his face and gave him a long, deep kiss.

After they played a little, Klaye felt sleepy. He was sick and cried a lot, and he used up all of his energy.

Vincent helped him lay down, then chose to sleep with him. He got into the bed and hugged his sleepy lover.

Klaye was stunned but happily hugged him back. Ha placed his head on his chest and fell asleep...

40