Chapter 40 – Healed
1.5k 0 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Late at night, once Klaye woke up and ate dinner, then fell asleep again. He didn’t know why he was so tired.

Vincent stayed with him the whole night. After 3 days, he finally had a good night’s sleep.

The next morning, Klaye woke up early. He felt his body was full of energy and something changed. He didn’t know what it was, but he felt extremely happy. He hummed an old song and played with Vincent’s hair. After they moved to Future city, he didn’t cut it. It was long and felt good to touch it. Klaye felt satisfied and smiled.

Vincent lay next to him, motionless. „You like it this much?”

Klaye’s hand froze in the air. „Yup. It feels good.”

„I see.” Vincent turned over and grabbed Klaye’s hand. Without opening his eyes, he gave a good morning kiss to the reckless man. Vincent only released him after he felt satisfied too. He went into the bathroom to wash.

Klaye weakly lay on the bed. His heart beat wildly and he watched the ceiling. He slowly calmed down and saw Vincent walking over with a basin in his hands.

„Sit up. I’ll help you wash.” he placed it on the night-table.

„I’m okay! I can go to the bathroom.” Klaye sat up and wanted to leave the bed.

„No! Your legs injured!” Vincent held him down and laughed. „Are you shy now? It isn’t the first time I help you!”

Klaye’s face turned red and he looked away. He didn’t dare to say anything else. He patiently let the other man took off his shirt and wash his upper body. He thought Vincent would harass him, but nothing happened. Maybe he thought too much...

Vincent understood his thoughts and smiled. „We’ll pay once we went back!”

Klaye’s face became redder and he didn’t dare to look at the other man.

After it was done, Klaye wanted to lay back, but Vincent gave him a glasses. It was a grey one with a completely different style than the green he wore before.

„I found this between your things. I don’t know where you lost the green.” Vincent cleaned up the night-table and went back to the bathroom. „It was so beautiful. Sorrowfully, there wasn’t another one with similar color...” he sighed.

Klaye watched the glasses in his hands, then put it on. He looked around, then took it down. He was stunned and repeated it again.

Vincent came back and saw this. „Is there a problem with it?”

„... No.” Klaye shook his head and put down the glasses. „It seems I don’t need it anymore. I don’t know why, my eyes seem to be healed.”

„How can that be? Only a healer can do that, but the last one left a long time ago...”

Water and wood ability users could heal a little, but their effects weren’t big. After using up all of their energy, they could heal a 2-3 centimeters long wound. That’s why most of the time, they just cleaned the wound and let the doctors took care of the others. Their city didn’t lose the technology, and they easily handled the patients. But the other places weren’t this lucky. They couldn’t save enough things, and only the rich could enjoy them. So they did everything to won over those who awakened the healing ability. They treated them as precious treasures and gave them everything they wanted.

But Vincent never intended to treat any ability users differently. When they registered 5 people with healing power, he let them work like everyone else. He already let the residents got the best. But humans were always greedy. Once those 5 heard about the other places’ special treatment, they wanted more. They tried to get the leaders’ attention, but they failed to win anything. They slowly realized the city could exist without them.

Once a team temporary stayed in the city for a week and won over one of the healers. They promised him incredible benefits and he wanted to go with them. But leaving with the outsiders, in Vincent’s eyes, was a kind of betrayal. After he gave so much, the healer threw it away, so he only told him one sentence: „It’s your choice to leave, so you don’t need to come back!”

The man left happily then regretted it for the rest of his life. He never left the city before, so he didn’t know how dangerous the world became. And the place, they lived... His neighbor was a man with a useless ability, yet he lived a happy life. But the weakling in his new city lived as beggars on the streets and they were thrown out one they couldn’t pay... His new house didn’t even have half of the things as the previous one, and the money he got he couldn’t use it. He couldn’t but the things he needed...

Because the healer wasn’t able to go back, the others didn’t know this. Originally, he promised to send a letter and wrote about his new life, but they didn’t get any. They believed he got too many good things and completely forgot about them. They wanted to get more too, so they desperately looked for the next chance. Once they got it, they left and regretted it...

Future city didn’t change after they left. There were qualified doctors, and the researchers developed useful medicines. Their lives were better and better, they didn’t care about the idiots who gave this up. Not to mention, the healers’ power had a weakness. They couldn’t treat the zombie’s virus... So it was natural for the injured to look for a doctor than want to try their luck with the arrogant healers...

Klaye heard about this because some researchers minded it. They wanted to study their power and create a machine that could heal any injuries in some seconds... It sounded good, but Klaye shivered when he heard it. Researchers were really crazy...

Klaye threw these thoughts away and tried to remember about his eyes. He wore his glasses when he spoke with Gardena, and at that time, he still needed it. So it wasn’t done by someone from her team... Klaye was speechless after thinking this. Why would any of them heal him?!

Vincent couldn’t come up with an explanation and felt helpless.

The silence was interrupted with a knock on the door, and they came back to their senses.

„Come in!” Vincent looked over and saw a nurse with a tea-wagon in the door.

„Good morning! I brought your breakfast, but before eating, I need to change the bandages.”

Klaye nodded and pulled off the blanket. He couldn’t feel any pain, so he wanted to see his legs’ condition. Were the injuries so bad to force him to stay in bed?

The nurse walked over and started to remove the bandage. After removing it from the right leg’s upper part, her hands stopped. She confusedly watched the revealed part for a while. Then she removed the remaining bandage and was shocked.

Klaye watched it too and felt unreal. There wasn’t anything on his leg that could be called a wound.

Vincent saw their odd behavior and walked over. Once he saw Klaye’s smooth right leg, he jumped over and removed the bandage from the left leg too. That leg had a deep bitten wound. That was the worst injury. But after removing the bandage, he couldn’t find any traces.

„I’ll call the doctor!” the nurse panicked and ran away. She forgot about the call button.

Vincent looked after her and was speechless. How did they teach the newest workers? Later he would speak with the principal...

The doctor came after 5 minutes and the nurse followed him. Her face was red from the shame. She was scolded for her unprofessionalism.

The doctor watched Klaye’s legs thoroughly. „Do your ability has some kind of healing effect?”

Klaye didn’t know this and shook his head. He wasn’t injured after he got his ability. But it was possible. His script mentioned he lived outside for months and ran away from the zombies. Without it, he couldn’t survive.

The doctor nodded and didn’t ask more. He knew Klaye’s position, so it wasn’t surprising if he wasn’t injured before. „Please, come with me! I’ll do some tests. If everything is okay, then you can go home today.”

Klaye’s eyes lit up. He happily followed the doctor. At the door, he suddenly stopped and turned back. „Vincent, can you pack my things? I want to go back right away, once I’m done.”

Vincent smiled and nodded. He wanted to see the tests’ results, but he could ask for it later. The most important thing was to go home and spend some time together.

After a quarter of an hour, Klaye finished all the tests. There wasn’t any problem, and he could leave.

The doctor gave him the permission to check out from the hospital and went back to do his work.

Klaye happily ran back to his room, but before he opened the door, he heard Vincent’s angry shout. „What the hell do you hiding from me?!”

There wasn’t any answer, just something fell on the ground.

Klaye stood in front of the door and hesitated to open it. He didn’t know if he could go in. Wouldn’t he interrupt their conversation? But he didn’t need to wait long, the door was opened from the inside.

Dedra smiled. He knew he was outside and came over. „You are here! I heard you healed and can go home! Congratulation!”

Klaye was stunned. „... Thank you!”

Dedra walked out and patted his shoulder. „Take a good rest and visit me after a week! I’ll wait for you!”

Klaye nodded foolishly and watched the man leaving.

„Hey! I didn’t finish my...” Vincent suddenly jumped out and shouted, but there wasn’t anyone in the corridor anymore. He gritted his teeth. „He can run fast!”

40