Chapter 41 – The world’s will
1.5k 0 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vincent stood in the corridor and looked into the distance. He was angry, but he didn’t go after Dedra. He would have enough chance in the future to ask him.

Klaye was confused and watched Vincent. He always thought that in every world, the male lead was the strongest individual. That’s why they were the protagonist. But this time, Dedra suddenly stood on the top. His appearance was so sudden and... That wasn’t true!

Klaye widened his eyes. In the book, Dedra was suppressed from the very beginning. He was clever and could solve everything, but he didn’t have anything in his hands. To collect the necessary information, he traveled around the world, and it caused his death. He became a zombie without his knowledge... Even if he was one of the kings, the zombie’s violent personality was erased and replaced by gentleness. His fangs and claws were broken down and the author turned him into an easy target.

Even if he was one of Vincent’s followers, his existence threatened the protagonist’s position. He was too kind and couldn’t become a stepping stone... or was he too strong?

Klaye got a headache. He really wanted to go back and ask Gardena. Now he really regretted why that time he didn’t asked anything...

It wasn’t that he never thought about the truth behind these things. Originally the System told him every book connected to a world, but it never told which one was earlier... In the beginning, he thought it was the same as those stories about trasmigrators who died in an accident and woke up as a character in the book they read before... But if it was true, then why would the author create stronger characters and destroy them? It was unnecessary!

In every world, Klaye tried to read as many books as he could. He did his best to make his knowledge bigger and try to find out more about his situation. But because of it, he ended up daydreaming too many times...

Klaye looked up and found himself sitting in a car. He saw Vincent calmly fastened his seatbelt. Klaye watched him and didn’t know what to say.

Vincent saw he came back to his senses and kissed his cheek. „Are you awake?”

Klaye wanted to answer, but his stomach rumbled. He blushed and turned away.

Vincent laughed. „I’m sorry! I was so eager to take you home. We left without eating. But I already called Egbert. He’ll prepare a nutritious breakfast for you!”

Klaye nodded but didn’t look at him. He suddenly felt his chin was touched, and Vincent lifted his face.

„Sometimes I felt that you hide something from me...”

Klaye’s body froze. He didn’t know what to say.

„It’s okay.” Vincent sighed and released him. „I know you wouldn’t hide it if you can tell me. I just hope there will be a day when you can tell me.”

Klaye closed his eyes. He was afraid he would cry again. He whispered ’I’m sorry’ again and again in his heart.

Once, he had a little friend who would die in an accident. He wanted to warn him, but somehow he couldn’t say those worlds. That was the first time he noticed that even if the System didn’t follow him, there was a power that prevented him to say unnecessary things...

That event made him realize, his idea about the books were wrong. If the worlds were similar to humans and had their own will, then those books were the embodiment of it. It was their visualization of the future they wished...

But as Gardena said, wasn’t every event necessary. It’s just that the world hoped to reach a similar ending. The two leads needed to become a couple...

Klaye sighed and didn’t know what to think anymore. The world he was in now completely abandoned the story. It was really hard to find any similarities...

He watched Vincent’s side profile and tried to find a clue. He remembered the day they spoke about the book. That time Vincent said: why would he force himself to live?... So he died halfway in the story and forced the world to restart. But usually, when someone destroyed your plans, wouldn’t that anger you? Instead of choosing a new protagonist, why did the world let Vincent reborn? If it changed to Dedra...

Klaye had a bold idea and placed his hand on his chest. This time he really felt that his conception was too much. He even frightened himself...

He thought that maybe this world went through more than one reset. If every book was about the most outstanding person, then why were there better ones who suddenly had an accident? If this world already created a story about Dedra but failed, then it to choose to destroy him wasn’t that surprising. He was in the way of the new protagonist. In this case, he could understand why he couldn’t bring the book with him. It just contained one of the possible futures... Maybe it was changing together with their experience. The moment he woke up after his fever, he would find a completely different story in it...

But after thinking about it, Klaye rejected this idea. Because he visited 1000 worlds, but none of them showed any trace of the protagonist’s failure. Even if he left before the story ended, he was sure there wasn’t any problem. So it was more like the world chose the protagonist it wanted and destroyed everyone who could stand in their way...

Klaye felt his waist was held tightly and looked up. He was hugged by Vincent and heard his laugh in his ears.

„You can daydream later. Let’s go in and eat breakfast first.”

Klaye’s face turned red, and he wanted to bury himself. He tried to move his legs and realized he couldn’t reach the ground. He wasn’t just hugged but carried. He was astonished. Why did his vigilance turn to zero today?!

He hugged Vincent’s neck and stopped to move. He thought a lot on the way, but in reality, he only wanted to know one thing. The world could calculate everyone’s future. Even if it wasn’t perfect, it really didn’t know Vincent would give up his life? Or it knew and hoped he would change his mind? Why? Why did it risk it and even let him reborn after his failure? And so many things were changed...

Vincent felt Klaye hugged his neck stronger and stopped. He patted his back. „What’s the problem? Tired?”

„Vincent.” he whispered into his ears. „In this world, I’m the one who loves you the most!”

Vincent froze, then laughed. He kissed the sad man in his arms. „I know.”

Klaye looked at him and sighed. No, you don’t know. This world loves you so much. It even killed everyone who was important to you so it can monopolize you... Just to realize, you can’t live without them. As compensation, it gave you complete control over the world. It didn’t even destroy those who could stand in your way...

After this thought, Klaye was astonished. He couldn’t believe he was so jealous he even came up with such an idea... It was impossible for him to understand the world’s will. Maybe he would try to ask his System when he went back... If he didn’t forget it.

The virus changed a lot of things, and humanity still needed time to find out everything. So they didn’t know even their lifespan changed. If they didn’t die in an accident, they could live around 250-300 years long.

Klaye was put down in the living room. He felt something gently hit his back and pulled his clothes. He turned back and saw Queen’s shining eyes.

’You are finally back! What did the doctor say? Are you okay?’

Vincent grabbed the cat’s fur and lifted her up. „Leave him alone!”

’You bastard!’ Queen tried to scratch him. ’You didn’t let me visit him in the hospital! Do you think you are the only one who wants to know how he is?! Put me down! You were with Klaye for 3 days! Now he is mine!’

Vincent’s face darkened, and he walked to the front door. He threw out the cat without care and shut it.

’You scum! Don’t think I don’t dare to castrate you!!’ Queen shouted and scratched the door. After cursing for a while, she cried. ’Let me in! It’s cold!’

Klaye was shocked. He was a little sad because no one visited him, but he never thought it was Vincent who didn’t let them come.

The culprit didn’t care about it. He led Klaye into the dinning-room and served him the breakfast.

Egbert came out from the kitchen with some plates floating around him. „Welcome back! I prepared a lot of food. You can eat whatever you want!”

Klaye nodded and drank his soup. He slowly looked around and once his eyes stopped on a dish for a while, Vincent grabbed it and put a little on his plate. There were too many things he wanted to eat, so Klaye stopped to look around and slowly eat the food in front of him.

Klaye didn’t notice when someone sat on the opposite side of the table. He just felt a pair of burning eyes watched him and looked up.

Lex eagerly waited for him to look over. „Hey! Is it true that men can give birth?!”

„Shut up!” Vincent hit the table.

„Calm down! I don’t want to fight!” Lex waved. „But you know I’m together with Egbert, but there isn’t any sign he has one... I just want to know, is it possible?”

Klaye patted Vincent’s shoulder and shook his head. He still felt sad, but he didn’t mind speaking about it. „It’s different for everyone. Some men need years for their bodies to change... But it doesn’t mean it will happen to everyone...”

„It’s okay.” Egbert sat down next to Lex and held his hand. „I have a lot of work as a servant and don’t have too much free time. But I want to spend it with you!”

Lex suddenly hugged and kissed him. He understood Egbert’s personality. If there was a child, he would lose his second place. But none of them wanted that...

38