Chapter 47 – Back to the white room
1.6k 1 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Al slowly opened his eyes and found himself in a little familiar room. His tears fell and he felt pain in his chest. He came back! He couldn’t see Vincent anymore!

[Welcome back, host!] the System’s annoying voice sounded. [Congratulations for opening a hidden function! From now on you can choose between actor and collector!]

„Collector?” Al wiped his tears and sat up. He remembered Gardena mentioned something similar. „What’s that?”

[Hmm... It’s easier if I show it to you! Catch it!]

Al stretched out his hand and something fell in it. It was a green glasses.

Al’s hands shook. He couldn’t believe his eyes. It was the glasses he got from Vincent! He lost it a long time ago but always regretted it. His first gift! He gently held it and put it on his chest. This time he wouldn’t let it go!

[In the last world, you successfully captured the heart of a resident. You returned his feelings and lived happily with him. So this glasses turned into your Love Token!]

„... What the use of it? Can I see Vincent again?” Al’s eyes lit up.

[It’s the host’s job to find out more!]

„... Useless thing!” Al sighed. He looked at the glasses and didn’t know why he felt as if Vincent was next to him. It was a miraculous feeling, but at least his hurting heart calmed down.

The System didn’t care about him and continued. [This time, you get a high score for collecting a token! Continue to work hard!]

„Wait! Can you tell me why the world changed? Is it possible for the protagonist to reborn?”

[Yes, but to turn back the time, it cost too much energy, and lower level worlds can’t do it. So for a beginner to live through this kind of thing, it can happen once in a billion chance, or even lesser...] the System calculated for a while. [You’re extremely lucky! You’re the first beginner who experienced it!]

Al was speechless. He really felt he was lucky but didn’t because of this. The love and care he got from his lover and friends... He didn’t know if he could live a similar life in the future...

As if the System read his thought, a book hit his head. [Your next world! And here your script!]

Another book hit Al’s head, and he almost fainted. He collected the books and watched them blankly.

[You can choose to fall in love again, but don’t forget! If it just one side, then you’ll be punished when you come back!]

Al watched the love token and the new books in his hands. He didn’t know what to say, but he was sure, he wasn’t ready to fell in love again...

[Right! As a present for successfully collecting your first token, you can leave the room! But you still can’t go outside! And from now on, you can wait a week before going to the next world!] the System said happily, then disappeared.

A door appeared on one of the walls. It squeaked and opened a little gap.

Al looked at the door and stood up. All these years he didn’t forget about what Gardena said to him. He really wanted to see the world outside the room.

He went out and found himself on a corridor. There were 5 more doors and a stairway at the end.

He opened the doors, but all of the rooms were bedrooms without windows.

Al sighed and went down. Maybe he couldn’t see the outside world at all...

After going down, Al saw a big living room. He saw the kitchen, then his eyes fell on the front door. He walked over and tried to open it, but it didn’t move. He really couldn’t go out...

He looked around and saw a big picture on one of the walls. After going closer, he realized something wasn’t right with it. He found a switch next to it and pressed it. The picture slowly moved to the side. It was a curtain. It hid a big floor to ceiling windows.

Al fell on his knees and couldn’t believe what he saw. Outside there were buildings with different styles and heights. He saw a lot of different flying things. Some of them were similar to cars. And he saw flying humans too. The cultivators used their weapons, the mages used brows or some kind of flying magic... He even saw nonhuman creatures with wings...

Al didn’t know how long he sat there. The scene in front of him was too shocking. After he understood the things he saw, he looked down. Using some nearby buildings as starting points, he guessed, he lived around the 50th floor...

Al took a deep breath and looked up at the sky. He could see part of it, but it was enough to make him stunned. There were 3 suns and 5 moons...

After seeing enough, Al stood up. He heard something fell on the ground and looked down. It was one of the books. He picked it up and caressed the book jacket.

„System, are you here?” he shouted. „Can you answer some of my questions?”

After Al’s voice faded, there was only silence. When he was sure he couldn’t get any response, an electronic sound echoed.

[Geez, can’t you enjoy your free time?] the System questioned him but didn’t wait for his answer. [I can’t! But you can try to guess things. I can say if it’s right or not...]

Al’s eyes lit up. „Those people outside are the same actors like me, right? As a beginner, how can I meet with them in the worlds?”

[... You know, almost every world has beginner, advanced, and other roles. So it’s possible to meet with others.]

„Oh... then these books are the will of the worlds?”

[... Yes and no. It’s more like a dream.]

„... You mean, those worlds dream about the future they want and turn them into books? Then they chose their protagonist, or they appear suddenly?”

[... Who knows? I’m not a world...]

This way it was more complicated than Al thought. „If I don’t follow the book completely but reach the same ending, my score will be good?”

[No. Didn’t you pay attention when I scolded you before?! There are necessary events that deepen the feeling between the leads! You need to pay more attention to these things!] the System was angry. Why the hell did he speak so many sentences after every world?! [Just use your brain and think about the things I said before! I’m leaving!]

„Wait! There’s one more thing!” Al swallowed. „If the script some kinds of character settings, then how come I had children in the previous world? Wasn’t I supposed to don’t give birth?”

[You...] the System felt annoyed. [Those children in the script had different fathers. It never mentioned anything about the second and third from the same father...]

Al was shocked. He never thought about this. He wanted to ask more, but the System disappeared.  He stood alone in the big house and smiled. He couldn’t understand his System. In the end, he answered a lot of things.

Al sighed and sat down before the window and watched the lively city. With his bad scores, he didn’t know when he would be able to go outside...

35