Extra 1 – Before rebirth
1.6k 1 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The door was kicked out. The researchers tried to run away desperately, but they died in the next second. Vincent slowly walked in. In the yard, all the soldiers were already dead.

Before, he was one of the research subjects here, and they did a lot of painful research on him. He didn’t have the power to fight back, but now those researchers died too easily.

The institution had a generator in the cellar. Vincent’s purpose was to go there and destroy everything by exploding it.

While he walked, he grabbed some men and ’asked’ them to point out the right way.

From the corner of his eyes, he saw some doctors.

„We need to go to Klaye’s lab and save everything we could!” one of them shouted, and they ran away.

Vincent didn’t care about it. At least that man was here too and would die. He already killed Gardena and the others, only this place left.

While he walked, he remembered about an old, unpleasant memory. It was that day when they took him here. He was drugged and couldn’t move. Doctor Royce excitedly showed him the room he was taken into.

„Do you like it? From now on this will be Vincent’s laboratory! It’s a good idea, don’t you think? Naming the laboratory after the test subject who lives in there! Hahahaha!” his crazy laugher echoed in the room full of different machines.

Vincent’s step suddenly stopped. His eyes widened and turned back to follow the doctors from before.

He thought back to the way he ran away from the institution. Those soldiers followed him so madly, but then they got a new command and went to gather in a farther place. Vincent followed them to see what they intend to do, but then he saw the commander, and behind him stood Klaye. He was shocked to see him there, but he saw him willingly following those soldiers. He didn’t have time to see anything, Gardena showed up, and they ran away. She cried and asked for his forgiveness. They didn’t think that when they let Klaye leave them, he would use such a way to take revenge.

Now Vincent remembered he felt that they escaped too easily, but that time he was still under Gardena’s control and he couldn’t realize the truth.

He grabbed a doctor and got the lab’s positions.

His speed became faster, and he wasn’t that negligent as before.

2 days before when he killed Gardena, she crazily laughed and ridiculed him. „Fool! You are such a fool! You so easily threw away those who were loyal to you and followed me stupidly! Do you regret it? Do you have nightmares? It’s good! That’s the best! Even if you kill me, the one who will live in hell will be still you! Hahahahaha! You deserve it!”

She was right. He really regretted it. Giving up everything for her, yet in her eyes, he was just one of her plaything from the very beginning.

He reached the lab and went in. The doctors and others fell on the ground, dead. He only stopped when he saw Doctor Royce.

„Vincent, I missed you! You were such a good test subject!” he had his usual crazy smile on his face. „Did you come to see me? Or him?” he pointed at a little bed.

Vincent’s eyes widened and his body froze on the spot. The ’him’ the doctor mentioned didn’t even resemble a human anymore. His body was full of scars and brutally defaced.

„He has such a precious body! His flesh and blood, on one hand, can be used as an antidote against the zombie’s virus, on the other hand, it could strengthen the humans’ abilities. Some of my patients were able to awaken a secondary ability! Sorrowfully, I can’t replace it. It impossible to create it without his flesh.”

Vincent walked to the bed and watched Klaye. His eyes were open, but those lively green eyes didn’t exist anymore.

The doctor sighed. „Sorrowfully, his flesh lost its power after 3 months even if we freeze it. We needed it to create those super soldiers, but they wanted to leave a little for an emergency, so we removed everything from his body that wasn’t needed for him to stay alive.”

Vincent extremely gently touched that white face and caressed him.

He remembered the first time they met. After he beat up all those bastards, Klaye looked at him with awe and worship. That time he felt amused seeing his face. He wanted to see more of his expression, so he let Klaye follow him.

„... Sorry. This time I’m late.” he said softly.

As if answering, Klaye opened his mouth a little.

Vincent removed every machine from his body and gently hugged him.

„Hey! Where are you taking him?!” the doctor shouted, but he lost his life without an answer.

„Let’s go home, Klaye!” his voice was gentle, full of pampering.

Vincent went down to the cellar and found the generator in no time. He prepared some explosives and placed them around it.

He kissed Klaye’s forehead. „You worked so hard, so let’s take a break. I will accompany you so you won’t be lonely anymore!”

The bombs exploded, and Vincent stood in the middle with Klaye.

When the institution perished, the whole world collapsed because a book’s world couldn’t exist without fulfilling the wished happy ending.

Before completely disappearing, the world tried to save itself and turned back the time…

34