Extra 2 – After rebirth
1.8k 5 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vincent woke up lying in a bed and looked around confusedly. He remembered he died in the institution when he exploded it. He touched the bed next to him but didn’t find Klaye.

He jumped out of the bed and felt cold. He looked down and saw he was naked.

His body was strengthened during his hard life in the apocalypse. He couldn’t remember when was the last time he was able to feel the cold or anything else. Something was amiss, but he couldn’t remember what it was. This room seemed familiar, but he didn’t know where it was.

He walked to the window and looked outside. His eyes widened from the shock. He saw the city that was destroyed 5 years before, as lively as it used to be!

He ran to the table and opened his notebook. He read some news and repeatedly checked the date and sighed. He didn’t know how but he was back to the past. It was the next day after his engagement party. He watched his naked body and felt sick. He didn’t want to remember he just slept with that woman. He ran to the bathroom to wash himself properly.

After he put on clean clothes, he stood in the middle of the room. He knew a lot of researchers’ names and some institutions’ addresses. He wrote a list with instructions, but he didn’t send them out. He didn’t know who was under Gardena’s control, but he knew her power’s weakness. It didn’t work on those who had someone they loved.

That’s why she made up the story about her necklaces being stolen and let Egbert be exiled. He and Lex were in love. Vincent felt the pain in his heart. One was his close friend, and the other was his best servant, yet he didn’t realize their feelings. Were they really that afraid of him?

Vincent watched the champagne on the table. Gardena once mentioned she drugged him and slept with some other guys. He called over an old married servant and gave it to him to test the medicine in it.

He left the room and called over another servant to open the next door. In that room, he saw Gardena sleeping with 3 men. He took some pictures of the naked group calmly. The servant watched it with a fallen chin.

„Don’t say it to anyone!” Vincent warned him and left.

He sat in his car and went to Klaye’s house. He didn’t know the address, but as a noble, he could get any information in no time.

He was shocked when he saw the sick Klaye opened the door. He hugged him before he fell to the ground. Feeling the weight in his hands he felt relieved. He watched the man carefully. He had his legs and arms, every part of his body was intact!

He sighed and hugged the man stronger. He watched his sleeping face and noticed some bruises. He took him back to the room and took off his clothes. Seeing those injuries, his eyes darkened. He placed a blanket on Klaye.

Vincent grabbed his phone and sent out a message, asking for information about everything that happened the previous night, then he went to prepare warm water in the bathtub. The most important thing was to take care of Klaye. Those bastards could get their beating later.

He put the comatose man into the water and slowly washed his body. He never took care of anyone before, so he wasn’t sure how to do it. And he didn’t think Klaye would be so against taking a bath. He fought back and wanted to leave the tub.

Vincent held him down and tried to finish it fast, but he was bitten. He was shocked. He wanted to scold him, but the next second he was hit on his face! As a noble, he never got this kind of treatment!

He felt the rage grow in his body and wanted to hit back, but watching the man’s face, his body froze.

„I know, I owe you a lot, so let me do this properly.” he sighed and continued to wash him.

After half an hour, Vincent put Klaye on the clean bed. He felt so tired, but he still needed to clean up the bathroom. He watched the sleeping man smiling foolishly and felt satisfied.

He finished the cleaning and watched the bite mark on his arm. He suddenly remembered he forgot to take care of Klaye’s injuries.

He took the first aid kit and started another round of battle…

He finally finished everything and sat down to rest, but then he heard Klaye’s stomach rumbled.

Vincent grabbed his hair and felt frustrated. Taking care of someone was more problematic than he thought. This time he finally gave up his pride and grabbed his phone to call for help.

He saw a lot of missed calls and remembered, today he intended to go on a vacation with Gardena. With a sloppy move, he blacklisted her number and called his nanny.

The old woman came over and was shocked when she saw the sick Klaye. She taught Vincent how to make porridge and pointed out the things he needed to pay attention while taking care of a sick person.

Before she left, she needed to swear she didn’t tell to anyone. She swore and reluctantly left. From the door, she still looked back as if she wanted to ask something.

Vincent realized something wasn’t right with her, but he didn’t care. He went back to the room, but he suddenly stepped back and looked into the mirror. There was a blue circle under his eyes!

In the following days, he took care of Klaye and gave a lot of work to his men. They searched for the researchers and collected proof about the virus.

He called Lex and let him send Egbert into a private clinic.

 He found out the 3 men who slept with Gardena were the ones who beat up Klaye, so he gave them a hard time.

There were almost 2 months before the apocalypse, and Vincent wanted to build a safe place. In this life, he intended to protect everything that was important to him. After 3 days he found the information about Future city. It was the best place, but it needed lots of manpower to rebuild some part of it, and he wasn’t sure if there was enough time.

„Will this city be ok?” he murmured.

„Oh.” Klaye turned on the bed.

Vincent was surprised and looked at him. „Then let’s buy it!” he smiled.

He took out all of the Warburton family money, yet if he wanted to rebuild it, he was only able to buy half of the city. He needed to find a trustworthy partner.

He bought half of it and sent workers to rebuild what was necessary. His big spending caused an uproar in the family. They wanted him to explain his actions. Vincent just shrugged his shoulder and didn’t say anything. It was a good time to separate the unnecessary members because he knew the ones who trusted him would wait patiently.

After the big fight during the bathing, Vincent chose to wipe Klaye’s body. In the beginning, it was okay, but one day, he showed some reactions. With a blank face, Vincent held down him and tried to finish his work fast. But he never thought Klaye would reach so dramatically! He knew his feelings towards him, but he didn’t have time to think about starting a relationship. In the end, he gritted his teeth and gave up. It wouldn’t hurt if he gave it a try...

He stayed in Klaye’s house almost all the time. Later, he brought there Egbert after he was released from the hospital. This way, he was able to move more freely.

One day, he heard some noises from Klaye’s room and went in. He was surprised when he saw the man finally wake up. He didn’t know how to speak with him. If he suddenly changed too much, wouldn’t that confuse Klaye?

„Hey, what’s with that face? How can you be so stupid?”

After that sentence, Vincent’s face darkened. Why the hell did he mimic Lex?!

He scolded himself and went over to see if Klaye’s fever went down or not. After saying some more sentences, he left the house and hoped, Klaye would forget about this incident...

After a lot of ups and downs, this is the end!
Thank you to everyone who followed the story so far! The mentioned sequel I don't forget, but I don't know when I'll have the time to write it. Now I only hope I can work on HLAT and finish that story too.

38