Ch 4 Day 1 (1)
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the early morning, when two moons can be clearly seen in the sky...

A shadow of a young girl walks down from the second floor of a sandwich shop that has a sign "Open at 11 o'clock". The shopkeeper's low voice and the torch that shone towards the shadow stopped her.

"Are you leaving now?... No matter how early you have to go to your new work, don't forget to eat breakfast."

He handed her a lunchbox.

"Thank you, Gentle."

The girl whose hair reflected the deep purple from the flashlight took the box and put it in her shoulder bag.

"Don't push yourself too hard and good luck, Little Vyn."

The shop owner sent her off after they walked out to the storefront. Ravyn, shoulder-length hair neatly attached barrette in a black long-sleeved suit with her favorite black jeans, bowed to him once before leaving.

"Look who's privately sending her off without inviting me, even though you were completely against it before."

Pierret, who followed a step later, teased her father.

"Huh, I never thought you were capable of waking up in the morning like others."

The mischievous daughter ignored her father and yelled at her best friend.

"Vyn! Vyn!" followed by a thumbs up in the air.

Ravyn, hearing the sound, raised her arm in the same gestures, but didn't stop or turn around, embarrassed by Pierret's noise disturbing the neighbors.

"My, my, what a bashful girl."

######

"Welcome to the Airburst Operation Center, Ms. Ravyn."

As soon as she exited the AB elevator from the new location she got, Ravyn met a bright and smiling twin-tailed girl.

"I'm Tisha. It's been my responsibility to introduce you to everything you need to know about this place today. And it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. I look forward to your guidance," said Ravyn, before following her down a peach marble pavement.

The atmosphere around this place was open and the ornamental plants interspersed with shade trees were planted perfectly. Ravyn looked around and saw a simple but beautiful white building with a golden "AB" symbol.

"That's the AB Tower. It's the resting and training place of those who earned the title of 'Airburst', a hero who swims free under the sky and represents our pride."

Tisha took the opportunity to address when Ravyn caught sight of that building.

…A man named Erios probably be there, then…

The purple-haired girl recalled the incident at the police station.

"The place we are about to enter is in this way."

Tisha stretched her hand towards the building with the top splitting into five like a large light blue hand cradling to the right of the white building.

"The Airburst Assistant's 'Hand of Devotion' building is a place for people working behind the scenes to complete Airburst's mission and where you'll be working from now on."

…I thought it was just some sort of strange statue…

Ravyn, following Tisha, pondered.

After getting to know the various departments and key personnel of Airburst Assistant...

Only the 'Research, Development, and Maintenance' department that everyone is so busy working that the head of the department has to fake cough to get their attention. The Finance, Personnel and Miscellaneous Departments warmly welcome a new employee. Despite the entire building having less than 10 people in each division, it is full of diversity in age, ethnicity, and more. At last, Ravyn arrived in front of the Intelligence Department.

"Thank you for today, Miss Tisha," said Charles, who was waiting in front of the department.

"Not at all. That's my job," Tisha replied before bowing and saying goodbye to them both.

"Hello, Mr. C," Ravyn greeted him.

"Come in." He led her in to introduce another colleague in the department.

"Hello, I'm Yu. Let's get closer, shall we~?" A long, straight, brown-haired girl wearing glasses that looked a few years older than Ravyn turned to greet her and shook her hand with the joy of meeting a new friend.

"Here, besides the old-fashioned Charles, it's just me and you who have just entered… I wonder why that new handsome face refuses to come, this is really a nice place isn't it?"

…So cute…

Neither the big round glasses nor the eyebrows furrowed in question could conceal the beauty that made Ravyn admire her in her heart.

"I'm Ravyn. Pleased to meet you," the new employee replied before looking at the goatee supervisor again.

"You've been looking at me like that since we met today, did I have something on my face?"

Charles asked.

"I'm just curious. You said that I was wrong about the analysis. What makes.."

"I think I already made it clear during the interview, Miss Ravyn… Alright, please give her a brief, Yu."

The department head interrupted before she finished asking and gave orders to another staff member.

"Yes, yes~"

When hearing the answer, Charles walked back into the room with his unique laugh.

"Let's do our best today, everyone. Hehahah"

######

"…Both the 'Airburst' operations and the 'Assistant' support are divided into 5 levels of missions or targets according to the difficulty and other factors, from Jack (J), Knight (C), Queen (Q), King (K), and the highest rank, Ace (A). For Queen rank missions and above, which have limited access to their information, will mostly be handled by Charles. Each level has a separate time frame and details…"

The lecture continued for a while, followed by an intense training session for the new staff.

"…That's roughly all about the 'Intel Board' and ways to connect to databases. The rest will be yours to develop through experience."

Yu said as she put both hands on her waist, proud that everything seemed to be going well.

"Oh, about the case on our hand right now…"

The glasses-wearing senior walked back to her seat and touched her finger on the screen of a device that looked like a clear glass stand board called the Intel board. The files were displayed neatly before she picked one of them and slid her finger in the direction of the glass board in front of Ravyn.

*ring*

A message box was sent to the purple-haired girl immediately.

"Take a look at it."

When Ravyn tapped her finger on the box, the mission title and details appeared.

"Whoa, that's convenient."

At present, when the feature phone is just getting prevalent, these futuristic technologies look like magic to her, and she can't help but commend them.

"What a flat reaction… When I first saw it, I walked around and even pried on the carpet on the floor just to find hidden cables. But I couldn't find any because they didn't have one. How embarrassing…"

Yu covered her cheeks, recalling the past.

"Ahem… better get back on track. What you are reading is a case of three explosions around the neighborhood this month. Even if it's a Jack-level mission, don't take it lightly. We don't get general jobs here. And because the police department secretly asked to make it urgent, we had to race against time as well."

Ravyn swept her eyes down and found the mission duration, indicating that it had less than 40 hours left, and was counting down.

"You can think of this as a practice to adapt to this place as well. Now, do you have any more questions?"

…Well, an urgent job on the first day. Sounds good to me…

The new employee now immediately understands why Intelligence has the smallest number in AB Assistant.

"No, thank you."

Ravyn bowed to Yu one more time before ardently beginning her investigation.

…Most Donkey-related missions are King-level and above. If the task quota is cleared, I'll be able to choose to receive missions and access to their high-level information from Head Charles. I must be accepted as quickly as possible. No matter what…

######

A few hours have passed...

Despite Ravyn still being clumsy about what she's just learned, she's able to access AB's personal satellite, a pervasive-eyed surveillance camera, and compare the traces until some clues were found. She turned to the right to find a circle with the organization logo in the upper left corner in red.

…Airburst is still on another case. No, we have no time to lose…

The purple-haired girl who wanted to finish her job as quickly as possible decided to go out for investigation by herself. She hurriedly got out of her seat and dashed towards the exit.

"Hey Ravyn, where are you going?" Yu asked.

"The meeting point."

"What?"

"I have sent you evidence and analysis that outlines the time and location of the bomber's rendezvous. If nothing goes wrong, they will meet in less than two hours from now."

Ravyn ran out of the building to the AB elevator outside. Yu, who couldn't stop her, turned back to the screen and opened up the message box sent by the new co-worker to read.

"What a keen girl we have~ Let's see…"

She pushed up her glasses. Meanwhile, the AB icon in the corner of her screen, which is normally red for no more than 15 minutes, has now turned green.

######

Ravyn ran out of the nearest elevator station and hid in the corner of an abandoned warehouse that was presumably the meeting point.

Shortly after, two men came in.

"This is not what was agreed upon."

The burly man strikes up the conversation in an annoyed tone.

"Calm down, brother. Don't just speak for yourself like that, " replied the young man with long, disheveled hair.

*Bam!*

The big man swung his punch and slammed the opponent violently, causing a wave to shake the entire warehouse. The smoke and the belongings were scattered all over the place.

"Blowing the city market to dust... Isn't it too much?!"

…Bingo…

Ravyn, hidden in the dark corner, was glad that her prediction was correct.

"So how's that different from the target you chose?"

When the dust around there started to fade,

It appears that the messy-haired one was able to withstand a large fist that attacked him with the tip of the sickle's handle. The weapon he wielded was filled with such terrifying energy that it radiated out into a forest green color, which is undoubtedly the power of Lost Wisdom. In a moment, blood oozed from the thin slash around the giant man's neck, forming a red loop. But all of that wasn't what the covertly observed girl was most interested in. The recent heavy impact blew the hair that obscured the face of the man holding the sickle, revealing a tattoo that resembled a donkey pattern on Undre's hand.

…Donkey?!...

Ravyn's eyes widened.

The huge man, unfazed by his wound, silently stared straight at the other party.

"Now that's more like it, Drew. You have no right to give an opinion in the first place. Just take this stuff and do what you have to."

The disheveled-haired man conceitedly continued to speak. Perhaps because there was no overshadowing of strong fury towards Undre, Ravyn could clearly feel how powerful those with superpowers were. Despite it being several meters away, she still felt that life-threatening menace up to here. The girl's body couldn't stop shaking that she had to hold onto it. Although she is fully aware that she must not let herself be seen, to see the tattoo on his face clearly, Ravyn insisted on moving closer to them. She didn't even think about what to do if he was from Donkey, but the feeling that she was getting closer to her goal prevented her from letting this chance slip away. Ravyn stared at the target, eyes unblinking. Little by little, her steps moved towards the man with messy hair.

…Just a few more steps. I need to know this…

The purple-haired girl repeatedly told herself in her mind. But that was the wrong decision.

*clack*

Her feet trampled on the rusty pipe on the floor, making a noise.

"Who's that?!" said Drew.

Both of the dangerous men turned to the source of the sound at the same time.

0