(Vol-1) Ch. 16 – Listening To Your Own Heart
322 8 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The small hint of worry quickly faded from Lilith's face and Amanda came back to her senses. So she can also behave normally sometimes, is what Amanda thought and swiftly went to Isabelle's side.

"hahaha.....she's lying.....she has to be....hehehe.."

the five intruders didn't know what suddenly got into the girl, but they didn't have time to worry about that. Far more important things concern them, which is the things Noeya leaked out.

Their job should be to notify the heroes of this threat as soon as possible. They were already baffled when the enemy said that they could leave, so it should easy for them to do their job, but if the threat of keeping tabs on them is real, then their families would be at great risk, of which they somehow got much information of. Can they put the lives of their families on the line to do what they must? They don't know the answer to that.

As for the traitor Noeya, she could only turn a blind eye to the judgmental eyes of her comrades and worry about her own life.

"Amanda, leave the girl as it is. Go upstairs and gather everyone, including the guest."

"Y-Yes, Lilith'

Upon sudden orders, Amanda reluctantly stood up from comforting crying Isabelle and made her way to the stairs.

"You, my guests, will have to stay here for just one or two hours. Then except for Noeya, I will send everyone on their way home."

The guests, still unable to comprehend why was she letting them go.

Lilith ignored their doubting eyes and slowly walked towards Isabelle who was down on the floor, crying and speaking gibberish.

"Girl, get up and follow me"

"wrong.....lying....brook.....won't..." but no positive response came from Isabelle.

"Girl, I won't repeat. Get. UP!!"

"he....saved me.....why would.....he...no....but he....threw me.....into the forest.....to die?" the shout from Lilith also failed to get any response out of Isabelle.

"che...stupid kid" Lilith clicked her tongue in irritation and opened the door to the main basement and went back to where Isabelle was.

"Follow me, girl"

"she...isn't lying?....then?.....huh? oUHC!! OUCH! OUCH! What are you doing???!!!!"

Lilith grabbed Isabelle by her rough long hair and dragged Isabelle out of the room, closing the door to the room behind her.

"Hey! stop it! you are hurting me!!! Miss Lilith! Miss Lilith!! I said stop it!!!!"

But Lilith didn't listen and dragged Isabelle all the way the stairs.

"hmm? so the princess is back to normal now?" and finally released Isabelle's hair, while making herself comfortable on the stairs.

"What?!! Can't you just do things normally??!!!" Isabelle quickly got up from the brick floor, some cuts on her clothes due to the rough treatment. She immediately got up and started throwing weak punches at Lilith.

"Yes, yes, now calm down dear princess" replied Lilith in a lazy tone while easily using her palms to stop the punches.

"You...You!! Can't you just be a little sympathetic!!! Amanda is so much nicer than you!! You don't even know what I have been through!!"

Sudden ich started rising in Lilith's palm to hit someone, but with some miracle, she held back and decided to let Isabelle continue throwing her tantrum

"You just act without thinking about other's feelings!! Brook who I thought saved me, is now supposed to be a filthy liar??!! Why did everyone betray my father?!!! why did everyone betray me!! I didn't do anything to anyone, then why did they do all of this to me??"

suddenly all of the pent up emotions started pouring out of Isabelle. From the moment she met Lilith inside this mansion, things have been very chaotic.

Yesterday, waking up in a completely strange place. Finding out she's surrounded by a group of female murderers and drug dealers. Taken to the 121 sparrows hideout, finding herself to be declared a wanted criminal. The fact that her family lied to her for so long, kept her from discovering the outside world. The sudden start of training and then finding out that everyone inside the castle was involved in the coup.

Even before all that, the event of her love Timothy betraying her. Witnessing the massacre that happened at the castle....it was a miracle that Isabelle a 16-year-old girl didn't go into trauma. A sheltered naive girl thrown into the wilderness of the world.

"What have I ever done to anyone? I didn't deserve any of it!! Miss Lilith, please answer me!!"

"Hmm" again just a lazy response, which fueled Isabelle's emotions even further

"!!....GHHHH!!! You are also the same!! You are also going to just use me and then leave me to die!! It's because of you that I learned about all this stuff!!! If you didn't tell me anything and kept on using me while keeping me in the dark, then everything would have been fine!!! Miss Lilith, everything's your fault!!!!"

"Hmm, so the princess knew I was using her" once again a reply without any tone of interest or vigour, just a bland response.

"Of course I knew!! Why else would you keep someone useless like me by your side??!!! You already have a group filled with experts!! there was no need to have me too!!!! Still, you kept me and told me everything I didn't need to know!!"

"Well, you are not wrong. You are pretty useless as of now"

"GHHHHAAAAAA!!!! YOU ARE THE WORST!! I HATE YOU!! I HATE YOU ALL!!" the punches Isabelle was throwing at Lilith, getting a bit stronger.

"Princess is right about that, I really am the worst" while Lilith still casually used her palm to stop the punches.

"Yes you are!! you are worst of them alll!! You just push me around like some toy!! everyone pushes me around like some liability!!"

"Umm, Hmmm"

"I loved that hero timothy!! I was ready to serve him all my life!! He was so nice and kind to me, whey did he have to turn out to be such a JERK!!"

"Tough luck with men you got there princess"

"Shut up!!! Everyone lied to me!! even brook lied to me!! everyone just lies and lies and lies!! My parents also lied about giving care of me, right!!??"

"Probably, such a tragic life you have Princess"

"Only I know how I kept on going inside that nightmare forest!! Constantly running from Monsters, no finding food, not knowing anything about survival, being lied to about my inability to use magic."

"Really, such a tragic princess"

everything Lilith said just added more fuel to the fire, making raw emotions to come out of Isabelle

"What heroes!!?? they should just die the most horrible death!! I swear I will kill them all by myself!! I will make sure they regret living!!"

"Hmm, a nice idea"

"But I can't actually do anything!! I'm useless, I'm not a monster like you who can kill anything it wants!!"

"Big True Princess, I kill people, protect a group of murderers"

"Yes, you do!! You should be inside of jail right now!!" her anger getting directed towards Lilith

"Hmm, I sell drugs to people, don't feel any remorse for killing anything"

"Yes, you are just a Monster!!"

"True, my little sister also called me by that same thing when I killed father and mother"

"Of course she di—.....huh?..." suddenly Isabelle stopped her tantrum and punch throwing and froze in place. Her eyes locked onto the now chilly eyes of Lilith, eyes which only showed extreme cold and not a trace of warmth.

"My little sister also cursed me when I started puncturing a rod down her stomach. She called me a Monster when I finally put her to sleep with a rob to her head"

"Wh-what...are you saying...." heavy sweat trickling down Isabelle's forehead seeing Lilith talk about something like this while showing a smile, her tone was the same as when someone tells a fun bedtime story.

"Princess, you are right to call me a monster. You also right that I should be in jail, waiting for my execution to happen. But unfortunately, despite my wishes, I have got things to do and a few people to protect. I can't selfishly leave them to their own devices and commit suicide which someone like me should"

"N-NO....I w-wont go that ......far...."

"Princess you also most likely want to just leave it all behind after everything that happened to you. Trust me, I also did, I really wanted to just rest forever so that nothing ever happens to me again. Isn't that right?"

"......" suddenly the sharp cold eyes of Lilith turned into the eyes of small warmth. Seeing which Isabelle couldn't help but hang her head

"Tell me, Isabelle, you want to commit suicide right now right? not deal with anything"

"..." just a simple approval by moving her head

"I won't stop you, just know that like how I found a purpose in life, you can too. Also, can you just leave all those people behind who really did all this to you? Can you just forgive that hero and everyone who was involved in ruining the castle?"

"..." no response

"Isabelle, I also thought of myself as the most unfortunate person to live, but let me assure you, that train of thought won't lead you to solve anything. It will only make you feel more shitty about yourself"

"...I-I...."

"You shouldn't worry about what your brain is thinking, what other people think, just realize what your heart tells you"

"My...heart?"

"Your brain is telling you to not do anything, it's stopping you from taking action due to its logical reasons, making you feel more shit about yourself"

"..."

"What is it that your heart is speaking? does it want to forgive those people who did all these terrible things to you? does it want you to become a saint?"

after a little silence

"No" A simple resolute answer from Isabelle

"You won't forgive them even if it meant becoming a murderer and all five kingdoms hate you for it?" asked Lilith while grabbing Isabelle's hands and smoothly rubbing them like a mother rubs her child's hand.

Isabelle looked into Lilith's eyes and felt a sense of safety.

"Will Miss Lilith and her friends also hate me?"

"That I promise, even if you were to stab us in the back, we won't feel a tinge of scorn towards you"

"Why? it has been only one day that we knew each other for"

"Well.... Let's just say that the princess reminds me of someone. And whatever's my wish, is my people's wish too"

"Who do I remind you of?"

"Let's leave that for some other time. Everyone's probably gathered upstairs by now, so what's your answer, Isabelle. Do you want revenge, no matter what?"

Isabelle stood still for a second and just looked into Lilith's eyes, after a few minutes, she straightened her posture and gave a reply without any hesitation

"Yes, so please teach me"

"Request accepted. I won't go easy, just remember that" smiled Lilith and got up from the stairs, ready to go up.

"Yes......but Miss Lilith is not a monster....Miss Lilith is kind to us...."

"Hmm? where did the princess get such an absurd idea from?"

"I mean...isn't Miss Lilith like a strict mother to this group...?"

"Hahaha! Don't joke like that. Everything I do is for my own benefit"

"Suuuuureeeeee" but Isabelle didn't believe any of that.

 

11