(Vol-1) Ch. 7 – False Sense of Security
309 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During midnight, five figures could be seen walking down the narrow streets of 'ISHTR'.

Witnessing the sorry state of this town, Isabelle thought that no decent person could live there life here.

People were sleeping on the streets, covered by a worn-out blanket. It didn't look like the blankets provided much resistance to night's cold. Human and animal shit decorated along the walls of the houses, pee staining the house walls like it's paint. 

Some run-down tents could be seen, selling some shady stuff even during the night.

While walking down these narrow and smelly streets, Isabelle had both of her hands covering her nose. She really wanted to throw a tantrum here, complaining about why had she been brought together with them. Weren't they going to fight? So, why have they brought me along?

Are they planning to kill me along with them?....

......but that doesn't seem to be the case. They have put this light armour on me....and if they wanted to really kill me.....then, they would have done so long time ago.

Apart from this...another dominant thought was eating away her mind, 'Papa said that the towns in our kingdom were bustling with wealth and prosperity, but....'

clearly that's not the case.

'Papa lied to me, Miss Raven was telling the truth then?...'

Isabelle got more proof for her hypothesis when she saw people staring at them. Some groups huddled around the small fire, some peeking from their blankets, they weren't even pretending.......all of them had the look a ferocious, hungry look in them. Looking to eat away anything, as long as it fills their stomach.

'Was this the prosperity dad was talking about?'

Thoughts like these were swirling inside Isabelle's mind like a chaotic whirlpool.

Feeling the direct gazes of the people around her, Isabelle started feeling uneasy and uncomfortable...and without thinking, she hurriedly closed her distance with Lilith and lightly held the hem of Lilith's dress in her soft hands.

Though Isabelle didn't notice, the princess was starting to find safety among this group of murderers. She should have been thinking of ways to escape, thinking about ways to report their crimes........but thoughts like that weren't rising in her mind right now...maybe at the start they did, when she just woke up after the nightmare at the forest of dusk.

Seeing Isabelle hold her dress, Lilith smiled mischievously and winked at Emhel.

Emhel started pouting but soon understood the message behind the wink

Emhel silently got behind Isabelle and ...

... "BU!"

"!!KYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!???"

jumped Isabelle in the scare and crouched down, covering her head in her arms.

Realizing what has happened, Isabelle immediately shot a glare at Emhel, seeing which the women started laughing and Isabelle started feeling embarrassed.

"That should have eased your tense mood a little bit" said Lilith, and started walking again.

Isabelle opened her eyes wide, realizing that they are looking out for her well being. All four women around her, are looking out for her safety and well mental state.

Isabelle got a feeling of sudden warmth but didn't voice it and just held Vivian's hands, who offered to walk alongside.

.

.

.

Not so far from them, a group of four men were sitting around a small fire. They noticed five figures walking along this street, seeing their clothes and figures, the leader of the group immediately figured them to be wealthy and rich women.

He saw that two were walking in the front(Lilith & Emhel), another two behind them(Vivian & Isabelle), and the fifth one behind them(Aastha).

He didn't know why were these women, who seemed to belong to a good household doing here in ISHTR also in the middle of the night.

Seeing the drool coming out of his three other companion's mouth, he snorted and declared, "Let's go boys. The night's going to be fun"

The four of them stood up from the ground and looked at the women coming in front of them.

"The moment they pass us we will put the dagger around their throat, got it?"

nodded the three other men to their leader's plan.

Now any moment

The leader put his hands on the knife, readying himself to draw it the moment they pass by them.

He started drawing the blade

Looked at the woman in front, wearing a purple gothic dress

and stopped.

His teeth started clattering, and he sat back down. Signalling his comrades to do the same, at first they didn't listen to their Leader's warning...but seeing the rarely serious expression of their Leader, they had no choice but to back down and sit back around the fire.

The five women passed them, and nothing happened. Their silhouette soon disappearing in the darkness of the night.

"Leader! why didn't we attack?!" asked one man furiously.

The other two also have an expression of dissatisfaction.

"Shut up! you dimwits! I just saved our lives!!!!" said the leader in a loud tone and the three lowered their voice

"W-what?..."

"I looked into her eyes"

Those were the eyes of a cold-blooded murderer, a monster.

The moment that woman locked her eyes with him, his mind screamed danger.

"Those were the eyes of someone who has killed countless"

Hearing the fear in their leader's voice, the three gulped their saliva down. Apologizing to their leader for getting rowdy.

"Those eyes won't even hesitate to kill an innocent child—

"That thing in front of us wasn't human, it was a monstrous figure of pure malice"

A twisted evil

that's the best way the leader could describe his fear, and that's just how he felt after just locking his eyes with her.

If they actually confronted them.....

...he didn't want to think

Piss already staining his rugged pants.

.

.

.

"Why did those people stood up? were they going to fight us?..." asked Isabelle, she was only able to not voice her fear because Vivian was right by her side. The moment the fear started rising, she held Vivian's hands more tightly...calming her inners down.

"Hmm, don't know. Maybe they decided to back down after seeing your cute face∼" said Vivian, poking Isabelle's cheeks.

"S-s..stop it.." rebuked Isabelle, even though she kinda enjoyed it.

"Miss...Vivian...can I ask you something?"

"Only Vivian is fine. All my friends call me that"

"F-friend?....me?...." blushed Isabelle a little.

"Of course! Isabelle's my friends. You don't like it?" said Vivian with a sad puppy face

"!!....." to which Isabelle just looked down in embarrassment

'F-f..fr-friends...'

The rate at which Isabelle was starting to depend on them was increasing at a scary rate.

Was them being nice to her just a part of the act? or were they genuinely caring for her? these are the questions that should arise in her mind but they didn't.

Isabelle was just feeling happy about making a friend.

Soon, she voiced her question

"Miss....ah! sorry! I mean Vi-vi..vivian!.....fuuuu...is the entire town.....like this?"

"Yes. The entire town of ISHTR is nothing but a huge dump. You know, this town is also known as 'the beggar's dump' by the people. All kinds of shady people do business here. You can get anything immoral you want here. Child prostitution, smuggling, slaves, drugs, anything you can think of." A hint of sadness in Vivian's voice

"But that was not always the case, in the past, this used to be a bustling and bright town, that is until your father took the thrown. No offence by that statement though"

Though Isabelle didn't want to believe it, she tried her hardest to run away from the truth......but seeing the evidence, she couldn't run even if she wanted to.

!!!

"Th-...that. How?...why?..."

Suddenly, all her hopes of running away were shattered.

On the wall in front of them, was a poster...with Isabelle's image.

WANTED, DEAD OR ALIVE

written in bold letters.

Prize money - 250 Gold Coins.

"The Tyrant has been rightfully sent to hell. Now, nobody has to suffer because of him. Nobody needs to fear their daughters being taken away from them. No one needs to pay unrealistic taxes and lick the tyrant's boots to stay alive. Justice has been served, like all of us wanted. But Unfortunately, his daughter, Princess Isabelle managed to run away. She isn't to blame for her father's deeds, but the blood of dusk runs through her veins. She will become a dangerous threat to our society, maybe even eviler than her father, nobody of dusk heritage has ever been a faithful and upright man, for the prosperity of our kingdoms, for the good of people, for our own safety! the dusk heritage must be brought to an end.

Issued by - Timothy Rnif, The Hero

Well, this was faster than I expected" complained Lilith while reading the content of the poster and tore it away.

She was wanted.

She was made a criminal.

"Mi-Miss Raven.......is..all of this true?...." deep down she knew it was, but she still needed someone telling her this.

"Yes, unfortunately. Your father was a wicked person, he was killed 'rightfully' by the Hero of people. Timothy Rnif is the Hero and your father is the villain. According to everyone, justice has been served. They are all happy with your father's death, celebrating your father's death, and singing praises of the hero who brought an end to his tyranny"

She was the daughter of an evil person.

Her father was an evil man.

Her father lied to her since birth

Every word Lilith said, hurt Isabelle like a sharp sting to her heart. Her tears were already staining her soft cheeks, falling on the dirt below.

"*sniff* ...does *sniff* miss Raven....*sniff* also see me as an evil *sniff* person....?''

Vivian firmed her grip around Isabelle's hand, Lilith walked in front of Isabelle and placed her palm on top of her head

"Only the little princess can decide that. People will label you many things...but only Little Isabelle can decide what she wants to be"

"I...*sniff*"

"Does the little Isabelle want to prove people right or does she wants to show them how wrong they are"

"I....I...*sniff*"

"What is Little one's heart telling her to do?"

"M..My..*sniff*...heart..?"

"Yes, forget about other's opinions and image of you. What is the desire burning inside Princess's heart right now" said Lilith, while wiping away the princess's tears

Isabelle hesitates for a moment but speaks

"I....I-..want to....make Timothy ...suffer. More than....he made father and mother suffer..."

"Even though, he's the Hero of people? and your father lied to you?"

"Y..y-yess....he may be the Hero.....but not my...to me, he's nothing more than a man who killed my parents. They may have lied to me......but I genuinely love them even now. I know I shouldn't think this....but...but...I just can't stop it!"

Lilith's eyes starting to shine seeing the pure, raw anger surfacing on the little princess's innocent face. Her entire body shaking with anger, teeth clutched together like they would break any moment. Her eyes, bloodshot with anger and hatred.

"Then that's what Little Isabelle should do. You have your five other sisters and your teacher with you"

Vivian noticed Lilith calling herself a teacher...and barely held her laughter in, she didn't want to ruin the mood.

"Now, let's get moving. We have things to settle tonight, also wrap that robe around more tightly"

Isabelle was wearing a light robe beneath her light armour so that they can hide her identity. And it seems like it was the right choice seeing all the wanted posters around.

'This girl is much better than I expected. Maybe, with her use, I can finally achieve my goal' thought Lilith, tightly gripping her hand around Emhel's hand.

The five figures again start walking and after some time stand outside a hideout

"This is the place, Vivian?"

"mhm, Lilith. Though I suspect they would open the door seeing all of us"

"hahaha, alright do your thing then"

"Thank you, well then hide yourselves"

In front of the stone door, only Vivian stood. Everyone else hiding in the bushes around, Isabelle hiding with Aastha

"Hello! it's me! Your Boss's Lovely Ex. Open this damn door"

After a few minutes, the door opened and a rugged looking man opened the door. Veins bulging from his enormous muscles

"Hmph! so the wench finally came. That Rizva, he surely took his time bringing a woman like you here. Oi! Rizva, come out"

No response

"hahaha, sorry, sorry, you don't want to know what Lilith did to him"

"huh? Lilit—BWAH....."

before the muscular man could finish his words.

Or....he couldn't finish his words even if he wanted to

He couldn't speak anymore.

Surprised by what happened, he looked downwards

!!!

Vivian's hand entered his throat and was coming out from the back of his head

Vivian retraced her fist from his throat, the weird gurgling sound of flesh being moved along with the hand filling the air with dread.

Vivian's made a fist-sized hole on his throat. The stone wall with fresh red blood splattered on it, clearly visible through it.

The muscular man couldn't scream, his tongue already in Vivian's hands.

The last thing the man saw besides the blood filling his vision and gushing out of his hollow throat was Vivian crushing his tongue by her foot.

"Sorry, Stewart. You don't have the right to speak Lilith's first name"

and so the five figures entered the hideout.

The fifth one feeling itchy in her throat.

Hope, this novel is enjoyable. Feel free to point out errors and improvements that can be made

 



VIVIAN MORT

12