Chapter 25: First Wave
958 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

●System Announcement●

[Congratulations on surviving until now. So, please prepare for phase 2 of the tutorial. 

■Side Mission: Survive all the 5 waves of Hyena monsters. 

■Reward: +1 Level and a piece of random rare armor and weapon]

The Window System announcement suddenly appeared before their eyes out of nowhere.

Kim Shin remembered that there is four safe places in this stage. 

That is the four ponds at the 4 direction of Dark Hyena forest. 

Northern-west pond, Northern-east pond, Southern-east pond and the nearest at his current location is the Southern-west pond.

The first wave would last for 5 hours and every hour the four ponds will release a translucent green light, it will cover 10 yards around the ponds with a duration of 15 minutes that prevents any monster to come inside. So, they can recover a little. 

"Wave of Monsters?!"

Steve exclaimed in surprise. 

After he read the System Announcement, Steve slowly looked at Kim Shin. 

Sensing the stare of Steve, Kim Shin closed the System Window and slowly looked back at Steve. He tilted his head in confusion. 

'Hmm?'

Looking at the hesitant Steve. He could tell that there is something bothering Steve. 

"What is it?"

"U-uh. I don't know if you have something important to do. But, would it bother you if we tag along with you? Of course, if it will bother you. It's fine we will understand.."

Steve stated. 

At those words, he looked over behind Steve's and found the conscious men trying to help those unconscious who's laying on the ground because of the effect of Blood Oath.

He already anticipated it. But the time is ticking down. He could not worry about them now. There's a lot of matter he need to pay attention.

The first wave would begin at any moment. 

Although, he can't bear to leave them alone. Still, he did not know them that much. But as a person who experienced the horror of the Dark Hyena Forest beforehand. He doesn't want them to feel what he experienced before. 

Hence, he made a decision. 

"I can't join you right now."

Hearing what Kim Shin's said. Steve could not help but felt dejected. 

"I understand."

Steve softly replied. 

"But, maybe at later time. Go at this location first."

Kim Shin continued and he opened the Map Navigation Tab. 

Steve beamed happily at Kim Shin's continuation as he saw Kim Shin's System's Screen.

"H-how could I see your window system?"

Filled with bafflement. Steve could not stop his curiosity.

"Oh, This? Just think in your mind that you allow someone or the specific person to see your System's screen"

Kim Shin simply explained and he clicked his forefinger to the southern-west pond of layout map of Dark Hyena Forest that floating before their eyes. 

"Why do we need to go there?"

Steve was puzzled. 

"It's safe there at the first few waves, It's okay if you don't want to believe in me. The choice is all yours."

"N-no! Of course, I believe in you."

Steve hurriedly answered while waving both hands. Even though he's still doubtful at Kim Shin's advice, it's much better than wandering around the full of uncertainty Dark Hyena forest. 

"Good. I will take my leave now. Take care, please survive until I came back."

Kim Shin was about to left.

"Wait!"

But he was abruptly stopped by Steve. 

"What is it?"

He confusedly asked. 

"Can you tell me your name?"

"Shin... Kim Shin."

He answered and quickly left with a swift movement to the north direction.

"You too. Please be careful, Don't be reckless Mr. Kim Shin.."

Steve screamed while watching the rushing Kim Shin leave. 

                   ■■■■■■■■■■■■■

11:45 am;

A sunny with a bit cloudy morning, if you are in an open area while bathing in the sunlight, it would be a great day. However, the environment was dark and filled with a depressing atmosphere. Because of the tall and enormous trees that covering the place, it prevents anyone to saw and felt the warm sunlight.

At that dark place, there is a 5-man party surrounded by a 10 gray dog. 

It was Gray Hyena that common in Dark Hyena Forest.

Even with a disadvantage in numbers. The group is not showing any weakness in the battle. In fact, they have the upper hand. 

Slash!

"Grrrr..awooo!"

A sharp iron short sword sliced a long few centimeters deep at the skin of the Gray Hyena and it wailed in pain. 

"Guys, Don't be nervous just relax. Go according to our previous plan. Mawi! Shoot!"

The blonde-haired guy who just cut the Gray Hyena ordered as he comforted his teammate.

It's Jung Minho and his group. 

Shua~ Shua~

Two arrows flew from Jung Minho's back straight at the left eye of the Gray Hyena and at the right eye of the other Gray Hyena simultaneously. 

"Nice Shot!"

Exclaimed by a black-haired girl with straight bangs beside the one who shoot the arrows.

Its Kurisu Kaguya. 

And behind the two is a beautiful woman behind the Big Black Man with a big steel shield on its left hand. 

It's Allyson and Uncle Scott. 

"Fireball!.."

At that word, a volleyball size of fire appeared at Allyson's right hand and with a 'whoosh' it flew and explode at the Gray Hyena. 

BOOOM!

"Awoo"

The Gray Hyena that was hit by Fireball growled in pain as its gray slick fur burn in the fire. 

Jung Minho at the front, Kurisu, Mawi, and Allyson in the Middle. While Uncle Scott is at the rear protecting Allyson from Gray Hyena's. 

"Good job, Allyson!" 

Uncle Scott praised Allyson after he saw the perfect launch of fireball by Allyson. Before it was awkward for Allyson to pronounce the simple chant of the skill. But, this time she's well trained and accurate now. 

A few minutes later.

With an enclose formation; the sharpshooter Mawi and Damage Dealer Allyson. They easily killed every Gray Hyena's that surround them. 

Of course, without the help of great leader Jung Minho, experienced fighter Uncle Scott and their Healer Kurisu. It would not be that easy battle. 

"Huff...Huff... Good job guys!"

Jung Minho complimented the team.

"Okay, that's enough guys. Let's take a rest and eat for a while before we continue."

He continued before he sat on the ground. 

Thud!

Kurisu sprawled on the ground while gasping for air. She's almost out of MP after that fight.

"Here.."

Bottled water brought by slim hand before her eyes. Kurisu looked at the slim hand owner and found it was Allyson's pretty hand. 

"Hmm. Thank you!."

Kurisu took the water from Allyson. She still hates Allyson but after three days of being together. She learned to be a bit good at her because they are the only girls in the group. So, it was normal for them to be close. 

"You're welcome.."

Allyson replied smilingly as she also sat on the ground carefully. 

While on the other hand, Mawi and Uncle Scott kept on standing and surveyed the surroundings to make sure that there's no monster near them. 

Ding~

In the midst of their resting, the System suddenly alerted that startled them.

*Click*

●System Announcement●

[ The First Wave will begin now. Good luck! ]

"No way..!"

Kurisu grumbled after she read the announcement. 

They already knew that there will be a coming wave of monsters. But, they did not know that it will suddenly start now, without early notice. 

Shing~ Shing~ Shing~

Numerous white light descended on the ground all around the Dark Hyena Forest. 

"Come on guys! We can't just stay here and do nothing. We can't just wait for our death, Move!"

The sitting Jung Minho quickly stood up,  hurriedly and loudly ordered everyone as he saw them who still daze at the sudden start of the wave.

They are woken up from their dazed state by the yelled of Jung Minho. 

"Hurry!"

He urged once more. 

Despite their tired mind and body, they forcefully and hurriedly stood up. 

"Where are we going, Minho?"

Uncle Scott questioned. 

"Let's go back to our camp.."

"But, it's far away from here.."

Uncle Scott worriedly replied. Because they are at the Northside of the Dark Hyena Forest and they're camp is on the South direction. 

"I know, we don't have any choice. If we thread the unexplored path we might face unknown or dangerous monster.."

Jung Minho explained.

"But.. there's also a chance that we won't face a big threat."

Uncle Scott stated seriously.

"Uncle Scott! Minho! There's no time to argue, Let's go!"

Kurisu said in panicked. 

Both Jung Minho and Uncle Scott nodded weakly in realization and quickly run at the south direction. 

However, after a few meters of running. Ahead of them were numerous of Gray Hyena. 

"Go back! Go back!"

Minho hurriedly screamed out. 

"We're already surrounded."

Allyson replied. 

"Damn! Get on formation guys!"

Jung Minho cursed and calmly ordered everyone. 

"They are coming. Ready!"

Minho declared after he saw the advancing Hyena's. 

"Awooooo..."

After the long and ear-splitting howled of Gray Hyena's. They begin assaulting the party of Jung Minho. 

"Shoòt! Fire!"

Bam!

They successfully defended the first few attacks of the Hyena's. 

But, after just a few minutes. They are at their limit. Because they are just fought a battle when the First Wave suddenly began. So, they don't get enough rest to fight for a longer battle. 

"Ugh.."

Uncle Scott was pushed down by two Gray Hyena.

"Uncle Scott!."

Cried out by Allyson who doesn't have the protection of Uncle Scott. 

A Gray Hyena quickly took the opportunity to pounce at Allyson. Fortunately, Allyson fired a fireball that burned the pouncing Gray Hyena. 

However, before she got a space of breathing. Another Gray Hyena pounced to her again.  

"Fireball!.."

She tried to shoot another fire but her MP is not enough to release another Fireball.

Without anymore MP to fire. She didn't know what to do. 

Her face suddenly paled in fear as she closed her eyes waiting for her death. 

Bam!

Instead of her crashing bones, She heard a powerful explosion at her front and she opened her eyes. There she found a young man standing at the dead Gray Hyena whose about to bite her.

"Fortunately, I arrived at the right time.."

22