Mysterious Door
920 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm rich..."

"What are you mumbling, Young Man?."

Uncle Scott questioned curiously.

"We're rich..."

Kim Shin corrected.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

Uncle Scott was confused at Kim Shin's words.

"Believe me, Uncle! Try to look at those crystals on the wall, and you can appraise it out loud or mentally.."

He knew that they don't know how to appraise an item until now. So, Kim Shin kind-heartedly guide Uncle Scott first.

Doubtful at Kim Shin's said. Uncle Scott still followed what instructed to him. He slowly looked at the crystals stuck on the wall.

"Appraise.."

Shing!

The information of the Crystal appeared before Uncle Scott's eyes that widen his eyes in surprise.

[ Magic Crystal ]

Grade: Unique

Type: Material

■A unique material made from a high concentration of Magic. It can be use for crafting, forging, synthesizing and alchemy.

"A Unique material?"

Uncle Scott bawled in surprised. Everyone was baffled as they look at him.

"What's wrong Uncle Scott? What unique material are you saying?"

Kurisu asked in confusion.

"Th-This Young Man-"

"Kim Shin.."

Kim Shin interjected in the realization that he still did not introduce himself.

"Oh! Mr.Kim Shin just taught me how to appraise a thing.. and I found out that those crystals are unique materials.."

Uncle Scott continued in amazement.

"What? Are you sure Uncle?"

The leading Jung Minho hurriedly walked near at Uncle Scott and asked doubtfully.

"Yes, I am certain!"

"But, How did you know it?"

"It's like this..."

So, with that Uncle Scott taught them how to appraise.

On the other hand, Kim Shin just amusedly watch them.

"Woah! It's really a unique material"

Said Jung Minho whose still could not believe in what he saw.

"Impossible! Q-Quickly take it all!"

Kurisu's greed surfaced up.

While the others are looking for a way how to mine those crystals. Allyson walked to Kim Shin's direction.

"Mr. Kim Shin?.."

"Yes?"

Replied by curious Kim Shin.

"I'm Allyson. First, Thank you for your help earlier. If you didn't come at the right time to help me. Probably I'm already feasted by those Hyenas."

Allyson wholeheartedly expressed how thankful she is for saving her life.

"Don't mention it.."

"Still, my whole party was thankful for you."

"Yes, I Jung Minho the leader of my party was truly grateful, for you to risk your life for a stranger is indeed a heroic act.."

Jung Minho said in a theatrical tone.

"Why are you acting like that, Minho?"

Kurisu questioned.

"Shut up! Kurisu, I'm being a proper leader here.."

"You're acting weird thou.."

Kurisu muttered.

"What?"

Jung Minho asked as he did not hear clearly, what Kurisu said.

"Okay, okay, enough stop before where that argue goes.."

Uncle Scott stopped them while creasing his eyebrows.

'Mmh, It seems like Minho have hidden feelings for this woman, Allyson.'

Kim Shin thought.

"Don't mind them, both of them are always like that.."

Uncle Scott explained.

"Haha... They seem really close.."

Uttered by Kim Shin that heard by the two subjects.

"No, we're not!"

They disagreed at the same time.

"Anyway, Mr. Kim Shin-"

"Kim Shin.."

Kim Shin interject.

"Mmh, What?"

Uncle Scott was confused.

"I mean, you can drop the formality. You can call me by my name."

"Oh Okay, then call me Uncle Scott.."

"Okay, Uncle Scott.."

"So, what I'm about to say is... It's okay if you don't answer this. But, how did you learned to appraise things?.."

"About that... It's because I'd used to play role-playing games before when I was much younger...So, I just mumbled something and that's it.. information showed up."

This time, Kim Shin did not lie. He honestly loved to play online games before.

"Ah.. and about the Magic Crystals? How should we excavate that thing?.."

"Dig? I guess?... I'm not certain if it's going to work.."

He's really uncertain if his plan is going to work.

"But... How?"

Uncle Scott curiously asked.

"Wait a minute.."

Ding~

Kim Shin immediately opened the System's Shop and quickly bought something.

SHING~

A white light shone on Kim Shin's hand and when the light fades away. It left a pickaxe, tool for digging or mining.

"With the help of this!."

Kim Shin swung the pickaxe; feeling the lightness of the tool.

"I didn't have any idea, that there's a pickaxe in the System's Shop... So, who's gonna do it?"

"Mmh... Then let me try it first."

Kim Shin declared.

"Oh, do you know how to use that?"

"This? No, I don't. But, if it just swinging then, there's no problem."

Hence, Kim Shin walked to the wall near them.

Standing a few feet away from the Magic Crystal, Kim Shin slowly raised the Pickaxe above his head.

Clenching tightly the Pickaxe with his two hands.

Slowly breathing.

Hoo~ Haa~

Kim Shin swung down the Pickaxe quickly and strongly at the Magic Crystal that stuck on the wall.

Clang!

The Pickaxe bounce back at the collision and it vibrated through Kim Shin's whole body.

*CRACK*

A small shard of Magic Crystal fell on the ground as the Pickaxe also slowly crack and

[ Pickaxe durability down to '0' ]

crumbled to pieces.

Ding~

[ Mining Skill is not high enough ]

[ You've found a shard of Magic Crystal | Do you want to obtain it? [Yes|No] ]

Because he forcefully hit the Magic Crystal with a pickaxe, even though he doesn't have a mining skill. That resulted in pickaxe being destroyed.

Uncle Scott and others were dumbfounded at the result.

"My.. Pickaxe.."

Kim Shin murmured in disappointment. He did not expect this. He didn't have any idea that a professional miner is required to mine a Magic Crystal.

*Click*

[ You've obtained Magic Crystal Shard ]

"It's looked like I failed.."

Kim Shin smiled bitterly feeling ashamed.

"No worries, It's alright. Let just be thankful that we survive until now.."

Uncle Scott comforted Kim Shin.

"Where is Mawi?"

Jung Minho suddenly asked. Because he didn't see Mawi after Uncle Scott taught them how to appraise.

At Jung Minho's words, everyone hurriedly looked around.

And then Kim Shin found a long crevice in the distance that can only fit a single adult person.

"Over here!"

Kim Shin called out.

And the group came beside Kim Shin.

"Do you think Mawi is inside there?"

Jung Minho worriedly asked.

"It seems so.."

Kim Shin replied softly.

"Let's go!"

Jung Minho couldn't wait any longer and took the lead to enter followed by others.

The crevice was long.

After almost 10 minutes of snail-paced walking. They finally reached the end.

They arrived at the big rocky hallway with an enormous transparent like water door at the distance.

'A portal..'

Kim Shin was thunderstruck.

"What is that?"

Kurisu asked in puzzlement.

"It seems like a portal.."

Kim Shin answered.

"Do you think Mawi is inside there?.."

Jung Minho questioned.

"Probably.."

Uncertainly replied by Kim Shin.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

Jung Minho was already impatient to go inside. He's really worried about Mawi's situation.

"Wait.."

Uncle Scott abruptly stopped him.

"What is it, Uncle Scott?"

"Are you sure, you're going inside there, with our current situation? We didn't get enough rest to recover.."

"But..."

Jung Minho could not retort because Uncle Scott was right.

"It's okay Uncle Scott, we're just going to take a quick peek inside.."

Kim Shin cut in.

"Okay, If you're with us. It's much safer."

Uncle Scott instantly gave in at Kim Shin's words. Knowing that Kim Shin is with them even if something bad happened.

"Thank you, Mr. Kim Shin.."

Jung Minho was truly thankful at Kim Shin right now.

"No worries. Let's hurry!"

At Kim Shin's word, they immediately walk through the enormous Portal like door.

When they enter, Kim Shin felt like he passed through a wall of water.

'WHOOSH'

They suddenly shivered at freezing wind that hit them.

'Snow?'

Kim Shin found that they are in an open area with full of snow.

And few meters away from them is Mawi who seems couldn't move from something.

And as he looked for a reason. In a distance, Kim Shin found an enormous monster made of Crystal.

[●Legendary● Crystallize White Hyena Lv. ??]

20