Chapter 28: End of the First Wave
861 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within the cold place that seems like an endless of snow. 

A small of snow crystal mountain could notice in the distance.

[●Legendary● Crystallize White Hyena Lv.??]

"L-Legendary?!.."

Uttered in shocked by Kim Shin. 

Kim Shin did not expect that seems like small mountain is an enormous Legendary creäture. It's spiky body were made of shiny snowy crystals. 

If anyone look closely they could see it enormous sharp fang straight down over its sharp crystal chin. And the long spiky tail that made of white crystals curved beside its feet

It seems like currently in a deep slumber. Since its blowing a freezing wind from its nose with every breath it takes. 

'How big that would be, if it stood up?'

'Appraise'

ERROR!

[ The level of the target is too high to use System Appraisal ]

'Damn'

"Even if I'm overpowered at the current stage, It's nowhere enough to fight that thing.."

Kim Shin mumbled and made a quick decision. 

'Escape!'

So, he hurriedly looked beside him. However, what he discovered was Jung Minho's group also freezing at the cold windblast and stunned at the gigantic crystal monster. 

"Hey, Guys wake up! We need to run.. Go back first.."

He softly but clearly woke them up from being shocked. 

At Kim Shin's call, Jung Minho and others was eventually came out from their dumbfounded state. 

"W-What is that mountain-like monster?"

Muttered by Kurisu who could not believe on what she currently looking.

"Go back? How about Mawi?"

Jung Minho questioned that still worried at his companion. 

"Don't worry, I will take care of it.."

Kim Shin assured. 

"Uncle Scott, please take them away and leave first. Don't say anything.. I will bring Mawi back.. I promise!"

He continued as he stopped Uncle Scott from what it's about to say and assured them once more.

"Okay, Please be careful.."

Uncle Scott could only nod at Kim Shin's determination. 

"I will. Now, Go hurry!"

"Please come back alive Mr. Kim Shin.."

Weakly yelled by Jung Minho whose been dragged by Uncle Scott. 

Kim Shin immediately turned his back from them and focus at the problem. 

Accelerator!

Over Limit!

BOOOM!

The snow around Kim Shin suddenly blown away that caused a mist by the sudden increased at his power.

20 meters..

That's the distance of Kim Shin to Mawi. 

With over a hundred stats added with speed booster 'Accelerator'. 

BAM!

The snowy ground caved in with just a simple stomped of his foot on the ground.

WHOOSH~

His black robe flapped with the cold wind of the snowy area. 

In just two steps he instantaneously reached the freezing Mawi. 

And when Kim Shin was about to pick Mawi over his shoulder. 

The sleeping enormous monster, suddenly opened its big and ruby eyes that directly stare at Kim Shin.

*SHAKE*

He could not help but to stop and shivered at the terrifying stare of the legendary-level monster.

Kim Shin grit his teeth strongly and he immediately put the freezing mawi at his right shoulder. 

He did not waste any time to think something might happen. He just hurriedly dragged Mawi and quickly dashed away from the stare of the Legendary-level monster. 

Although, he did not think about what might happen. Kim Shin knew the gravity of their situation. 

They might die at any moment if he hesitate to escape. 

WHOOOOSH~

Kim Shin quickly sped up. However, before he got to run far away. The Crystallize White Hyena suddenly opened its mouth and,

BOOOOM~

Fired a blizzard to Kim Shin and Mawi. 

Fortunately the blizzard missed them it explode few feet away from them. However, the explosion caused them to blown away and rolled multiple times on the snowy ground. 

Big mist of snow broke out after the collision.

'Ugh!'

He groaned in pain at the impact of the explosion. 

"Where is Mawi?.."

Kim Shin muttered as he quickly looked around him. 

And there, few feet beside him is the unconscious Mawi laying down with his face on the snowy ground. 

Despite of what just happened. Kim Shin directly grabbed Mawi on his collar and immediately flee. 

Again, the Legendary level monster opened his ferocious huge mouth and fired a blizzard once more. 

'SH*T!'

They almost at the wall of water when the Crystallize monster shoot a blizzard again. 

Hence, Kim Shin decided to throw Mawi first..

And he followed with a dive. 

BAM!

The blizzard could not pierce the wall of water. 

Whew~

Kim Shin sighed in relief. 

He never encounter before a legendary level monster. Since he only lived a normal life as a third-rate swordsman who fought monsters just for everyday living expenses. 

"So, that's how terrifying a Legendary level monster.."

He murmured in himself at realization and imagine what kind of abilities does it have except the blizzard skill. 

Even though he just afraid a while ago. Kim Shin could not stop himself from getting excited. 

He's excited to know what kind of power does a higher grade monster have and what power could a person wield for them to fight a Higher grade monster.

Right now, Kim Shin have a new goal. 

Except at his plan of vengeance. He also wanted now to see and experience different kinds of powerful monsters.

'I need to get stronger.. Stronger than everyone else!'

Having a new inspiration Kim Shin was completely determined to get stronger. So, he quickly stood up and brought Mawi back at the group. 

                    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"Uncle Scott, Do you think they will be alright?"

Jung Minho asked Uncle Scott in worry. 

"Don't worry, Minho. They will gonna be fine.."

Uncle Scott comforted Jung Minho as he also neared his both hands at the bonfire to warm himself like Allyson and Kurisu doing. 

They really did not expect to suddenly appeared at the middle of snowy environment with just a thin armor and clothes. 

Thud! Thud!

A heavy footsteps echo around that jolted them. 

And when they looked at the direction of the sound they found Kim Shin within the crevice while piggy-backing the unconscious Mawi. 

"They are back!"

Kurisu yelled in surprise. 

On the other hand, Jung Minho quickly helped Mawi to lay down on the ground. 

"He's still freezing, Uncle Scott!"

Jung Minho worriedly said. 

"Take him near the bonfire and put him inside a sleeping bag.."

Uncle Scott instructed.

"Mr. Kim Shin, are you alright?"

Asked by Allyson in concern.

"Yes, I'm fine..thank's for worrying.."

Kim Shin smiled as he sat down near the bonfire and have a rest. 

                    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■

After an almost 3 hours of rest. 

The group finally recovered. 

With the help of bonfire and Healing Skill of Kurisu, Mawi also woke up eventually. 

"Kim Shin, do we reaĺly need to leave this cave?"

Uncle Scott concerndedly inquire.

If it just them, he won't like to leave this cave. However, Kim Shin said they need to leave no matter what.

"Yes, Uncle Scott. We might probably be safe for the early waves but I'm pretty sure that eventually we will be discover by them. Do you think the tutorial guide will be kind to let us go?.."

Kim Shin explained. 

"Also.. If we start to join the wave defensive groups and slayed a lot of hyenas. There will be a high chance to get a higher grade items..and will be level up by a few levels."

Kim Shin continued and tempted them. 

And surely the temptation of levels and higher grade items work on them. 

They're this kind of party. They loved a different kind of items. Even in this situation of life and death. Temptation still get over them. 

Of course, with an exception of Allyson.

"So, what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

Kurisu excitedly declared.

"Haha.. Okay let's go!.."

Kim Shin laughed at Kurisu reaction. 

                    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"Last 30 minutes.. and we will survive the first wave.. I hope Kim Shin will come back quickly.."

Steve Chan murmured in relief. 

After they follow the instruction of Kim Shin to go at the southern-north pond the First Wave suddenly began that truly shocked them. 

They panic at the first few minutes of wave and lot of them got injured. However, after an hour of defending a sudden green translucent light appeared covered around the pond that help them preventing the monster to attack them and quickly healed their injuries. 

Now, they're thankful that they followed Kim Shin instructed. If they didn't follow and just wander around the dark forest. They probably already got feasted by Hyenas. 

SHRING~

The green translucent light that keeping them safe slowly vanished from top to the bottom. Hinting that the time for recovering was done and the fights need to continue. 

"Keep your weapons up, We are almost at the end of the first wave.. So, hold your ground.."

Steve shouted to keep the morale of his party high. 

As the green light completely vanished. The Gray Hyenas quickly pounced at them. 

"Arrows, SHOOT!"

Steve immediately declared as he saw the advancing hyenas. 

SHU~ SHU~

"Awooooo....."

The flying arrows rained down on the rushing hyenas and howled in pain as they get impaled by raining arrows. 

Steve also didn't just idle. He sneak up on those busy hyenas and quickly back stabbed or slit their neck.

They hold for fifteen minutes, when suddenly with the last fifteen minutes left. The weak Gray Hyena's suddenly light up and change to darker color and higher level. 

"Ugh.. I can't move!"

Yelled by one of the Steve's member. 

[ Black Hyena Lv. 5 ]

HP: 600/600

MP: ---

SKILL:

●[ Hyena's Bite ] (Passive)

Effect:

■( Black Hyena is higher grade of Gray Hyena and with stronger fangs they can crush human bones more easily.

● Additional +20% Attack Damage.

● 20% chance to inflict paralysis effect; 2 seconds duration. )

'What the h*ck has happened..'

Steve thought and quickly kill the Black Hyena that bite one of his men. 

"Quickly help him to get behind..."

Steve hurriedly ordered. 

"Where are you Kim Shin?.."

Steve muttered anxiously when he saw the more than a hundred of Black Hyenas. 

BOOOOM!

BOOOOM!

At the rear of the Black Hyena's an explosion suddenly erupted that surprised Steve's party. 

And when they looked at the direction of the explosion. 

"Kim Shin!"

They saw Kim Shin and with a team behind him. 

BOOOOM!

BOOOOM!

Fireballs flew around that caused the Black Hyenas explode and burned to pieces. 

Kim Shin also didn't hesitate, he began the massacre. 

[ Congratulations! You've passed the First Wave ]

[ The Second Wave will be announced at later time ]

[ Kill Rankings ]

1.Bradley Kingsberg             [ 710 ]

2.Kristine Avila                      [ 709 ]

3.Steve Chan                         [ 556 ]

...

....

...

..

.

25.Kim Shin                           [ 159 ]

22