Chapter 29: Underground
897 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Bradley Kingsberg.."

Kim Shin muttered as he reminisced their encounter with Bradley. 

'This time I won't let it happen again.. Just don't let fate bring you to me. Otherwise, your death won't be good.' 

At the silent Kim Shin, everyone stopped what they're doing and slowly looked at him and felt a pressuring atmosphere. 

"Kim Shin... Are you alright?"

Uncle Scott tapped Kim Shin's right shoulder and asked worriedly when they felt the emitting pressure from the silent Km Shin. 

"Ah... Yes, I'm sorry. I just remember something.. Don't worry about me. I'm alright." 

He answered with a smile and the pressure his emitting earlier quickly dissipated seems like nothing weird happens. 

"Mmh... If something is bothering you, don't hesitate to talk with us. Okay?"

Uncle Scott good-heartedly remind Kim Shin.

"I will. Thank you."

Kim Shin appreciatively replied.

                    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"Kim Shin!"

Turning his head in the direction of who's calling him. Kim Shin found the blissfully Steve that running in his direction.

"Oh, you really survived huh."

Kim Shin said in a deadpan tone. 

"Wha- do you lead us here just to die huh?"

Steve questioned mournfully.

"Anyway, who are they?"

Steve continued to asked question as he looked over at Jung Minho's party. 

"Them? A party that I coincidentally saved on my way.."

Kim Shin simply replied.

"Oh, okay. So, are you going to leave again?"

Steve hopefully inquired that Kim Shin won't need to leave again. 

"Yes, I need to..."

Kim Shin certainly answered. He's determined to get stronger. So, he must take all the important things here in Dark Hyena Forest.

"When are you going to leave?"

"Tomorrow.. before the sunrise.."

"Oh. By the way, you're Asian right? But, how could we understand each other?"

Hearing what Steve's questioned. 

Jung Minho's party also came beside Kim Shin. 

"Yes, you seem knowledgeable at the situations.." 

Allyson added. 

"Mmh. I don't know anything... It's just I'd used to play role-playing games and reading fantasy novels.. And about the answer at your question is you all probably know. Obviously, it's the System's gift.."

When they heard Kim Shin's answer. Everyone nodded their head in agreement. 

That's the only answer they could think of at their questions. 

"Men, make a bonfire and get some rest!"

Steve loudly ordered his men. 

                    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■

In the evening.

While some are eating and already sleeping. 

Kim Shin and Jung Minho's party still sat around the burning bonfire. 

"Kim Shin, are you really going to leave alone tomorrow?"

Uncle Scott asked in a sad voice. 

"Yes, Uncle Scott. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine... I'll try to come back if I can. Also, please survive.."

Kim Shin softly said. 

Even him he doesn't want to leave them. He wanted to join the company of them. However, he doesn't want to waste more time. He needs to use all the time left to gather everything he could get before the tutorial end. 

"You too, Mr. Kim Shin, please survive. I want to pay you back one day.."

Allyson dejectedly supported Kim Shin.

Followed by others as they wished Kim Shin good luck.

Kim Shin only smile and nodded. 

                    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■

4 am in the morning. 

Kim Shin already got up and ready to move once again.

However, before he leave. He looked at all of his sleeping friends and prayed for their survival. 

"All of you... Please survive."

WHOOSH~

With that words, Kim Shin immediately dashed away. 

Unbeknownst to Kim Shin, after a few minutes that he left Jung Minho's and Steve's Party woke up and watch Kim Shin leaving. 

"You too, Mr. Kim Shin, please survive. Until, next time.."

All of them thought in their minds. They are truly grateful at Kim Shin's help. 

                    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Kim Shin's destination to go now is the Hidden Ruins in the middle of the Dark Hyena Forest. 

That is the place where Jung Minho's party explored before and found an Accessory artifact. 

He didn't bring Jung Minho's party with him now. Because, he doesn't want them to face dangerous opponents; Bradley Kingsberg and his party. 

He doesn't know how powerful Bradley Kingsberg right now. So, just to be safe, he did not bring Jung Minho and others with him.

Finally, Kim Shin arrived at a place with a  numerous of Tall green grasses. 

"It's gonna be somewhat near here.."

Kim Shin talked to himself as he looked around and shove away the almost 8 feet-tall green grasses that surround him.  

Walking and brushing off the tall grasses that blocking his pathway after almost 10 minutes. He arrived at the Old Ruin with a tall broken stone pillar that supposedly one of the pillars of the roof of this Ruin place. 

Removing some debris that blocking his pathway.

Kim Shin finally found the open ground with a ruined stone staircase straight down to the dark unknown place. 

Stepping down by the staircase, Kim Shin arrived at the dark corridor.

SHING~

Kim Shin brought out a wood with old clothes intertwined on it and a lighter that he bought from System's Shop. 

FLICK!

Kim Shin lighted up the torch with lighter and showed up to him is a long corridor.

Holding a fiery torch on his left hand, Kim Shin walk straight by the corridor. 

Ding~

In the middle of his walk, the System suddenly alerted. He quickly opened it. 

Click!

●System Announcement●

[ Rest is Over! The Second Wave will start now! Good Luck! ]

'The second wave... Good luck Guys!'

Kim Shin thought. 

Closing the System Announcement, Kim Shin continued to advance forward. 

Reaching the end of the long corridor. 

What welcomed him is another long staircase that going down and in the distance could see a seems like Ruined Town. 

"This.. is it."

As he saw the Ruined Town, Kim Shin quickly jumped down by the long staircase. 

Standing at the seems to be the Gate of town that already ruined for a long time, Kim Shin slowly looked up and saw ancient letters that might be the name of the town. 

He already came here once. However, he never found a history book about this Underground Ruin. 

As he slowly enter the Ruined Town. 

Ding~

The System Alert once again.

[ You've discovered The Ruined Town of the Undead King Emissary ]

■ You've received 500 soul points. 

"Sweet... If this continue, I could buy more skill.."

He mumbled in satisfaction. 

Kim Shin put off the fire and put back the torch inside his inventory. Since the town has a dim light, Although the town is already ruined, there's still some old lamppost that magically giving a little light. 

Dashing at the main road, Kim Shin took a right turn at the third street corner.

And when he reached the end of the narrow street. 

He jumped over the stone wall and landed on the bricked-ground of the backyard of a ruined massive cathedral. 

Walking swiftly but, silently. Kim Shin quickly arrived near one of the ovate shape window of the huge cathedral. 

With a quick movement, Kim Shin easily sneaked in. 

He needed to sneak in because he doesn't want to waste more time to fight the gatekeepers of the Cathedral. 

Also, they didn't completely explore this yet. He had no clue on what monster does this ruined town have except the Cathedral Gate Keepers. 

Sneaking inside, Kim Shin welcomed by a figure of an over 7 feet tall and bulky human but has a head of a black bull with gold piercing at its big nose armed with a big crude double-bladed ax. 

"A minotaur?.."

However, there's something weird. The minotaur was walking awkwardly. 

'Appraise!'

[ Undead Minotaur Lv.8 ]

HP: 2000/2000

MP: ---

SKILL:

●[ Double Cleave ] (Passive)

Effect:

■( 25% chance to activate and throw double slash continuously.

● Additional + 20% Attack Damage )

When the information of the monster appeared before his eyes. Kim Shin finally ascertained the reason. 

"It was an undead.."

As the Undead Minotaur awkwardly advanced forward, Kim Shin eventually got to see its feature. 

Half man and half bull. However, its body was already decomposing. 

SWISH~

Kim Shin immediately dashed as his black robe flapped by the wind and quickly cut the neck of the Undead Minotaur with the black iron sword that suddenly appeared on his right hand.

THUD!

Its body fell on the ground while its bullhead flew in the air. 

[ You've killed the Undead Minotaur ]

23