Chapter 35: Monster’s Spirit
883 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

DOOOM!

A fiery fireball loudly exploded as it sped to Kim Shin that caused a foggy smoke.

However, before it could blast Kim Shin, he timely cut the burning ball in half that shot by Lina.

Although, he was a bit shocked by it, Kim Shin continue to move forward, despite the smoke that blocked his sight and heat caused by the fireball attack.

Whoosh~

Piercing to the big smoke, Kim Shin swiftly advance forward that made his dark hair sway and his robe flapped with his rapid speed as he evaded all the incoming attacks of Bradley's party members.

BOOM! BOOOM!

Multiple arrows and Fireballs rained down on him that blasted the ground after he successfully dodged their assaults.

"Go! Fire more arrows!"

Yelled by a tall and slender brown-haired man in the exact position behind Bradley.

Though this man is the one ordering, no one complained since Bradley didn't react to this, he just kept his eyes on calmly moving Kim Shin.

BOOOM! WHOOOSH

Kim Shin once again dashed throughout the big smokes caused by the explosions. Spite of their continuous attacks, Kim Shin didn't seriously mind them. Those puny arrows won't be able to pierce his body if he activates timely his pseudo dragon body.

"Let's go! What you all waiting for? Defend our boss!"

Screamed once again by the man behind Bradley that about to advance to Kim Shin. However, Bradley suddenly raised up his left hand, hinting them to stop.

"Don't move! He is mine..."

Bradley arrogantly said while still glaring at Kim Shin with malicious intent as he kept his wicked smile.

Yes, He admits that Kim Shin is strong and fast. However, he still has his pride being at the Top Killing Ranking.

He believes that, he's more powerful than Kim Shin.

WHOOOSH

As the attackers stop their assault, Kim Shin easily arrived before Bradley with a powerful gust behind him that caused by his fast movements.

Standing face to face with Bradley, Kim Shin was about to throw a powerful swing of his black iron sword. However, he saw Bradley smirked. By that, Kim Shin took back his swinging arm and jumped back quickly.

WHOOOSH~

A pale azure wild energy came slashing at Kim Shin's previous place that's starting to change the figure to a 5-meter tall Hyena. And, with a 'Boom!!' a powerful aura explodes out that caused a little tremor on the Ruined Cathedral Hall.

'Tch.'

Bradley clicked his tongue after he saw how Kim Shin easily dodged his surprise attack.

On the other hand, Kim Shin seriously appraised the blue energy that appeared out of nowhere at the front of Bradley.

"Monster Spirit?!"

Uttered by Kim Shin. He didn't expect that Bradley would have a great luck to find a monster spirit.

Monster Spirit was a like a pet similar in the role-playing games.
It was very hard to get even after slaughtering a bunch of monsters. Only lucked could decide if you can find it. Since, Monster Spirit was like a pet that can grow with its master, although doesn't have their material body. They still can use, and evolve their skills.

However, despite the thing that they can grow, the penalty was very high. Once, a monster spirit that contracted with a person die, it will be forever be gone and the person contracted with it will face a large penalty.

Negative -50% to all their stats for 6 months.

That's a really harsh penalty, losing half of total stats for 6 months. Considering even just a day or two passed, lot of unexpected things could happen in this insane world. In that 6 months penalty they need to lie low for them to survive and the worst is, they couldn't grind level with weak stats.

[Dark Hyena Spirit Lv. 20]

SKILLS:
[Swift Claws Lv. 2] (Active)
• Upon activation; attack speed will increase by 8%.
• Duration: 10 seconds.
• Cooldown: 15 seconds.

[Dark Hyena's Roar] (Active)
• Upon activation; 10% chance to stunned effect all the target around 5 meter radius for 2 seconds.
• Cooldown: 4 minutes.
[Wind Multiple Slash Lv.2] (Active)
• Upon activation; release a multiple dark gust of wind. Additional + 20% Attack Damage.
• Duration: 3 seconds.
• Cooldown: 3 minutes.

Monster Spirit does not have any HP and MP because it is connected to their Summoner.

"Dark Hyena's Spirit?!"

Kim Shin finally realized, why is Bradley was strong before.

'So, he got lucky to face a field boss or maybe a kill steal if it's based on Bradley attitude.'

He thought while preparing to advance again.

However, Bradley initiated the attack before Kim Shin could advance.

BAM! WHOOSH~

The air around the Dark Hyena's Spirit explode as its speed to Kim Shin.

Kim Shin immediately bends his body sidewards to evade the fast attack of the spirit as he looked at the monster spirit passed through him.

SLASH~

A short scratch suddenly appeared on his right cheeks even though he dodged the attack.

BOOM!

The air once again loudly exploded when the Monster Spirit stopped his movements and swiftly faced Kim Shin once again.

And there, he saw the large claws of the spirit slowly back to its normal size.

'It surprised me, but that's all. It can't stop me from my goal.'

With that in mind, Kim Shin decided to kill Bradley first.

However, before he could leave the Dark Hyena's Spirit, he sense a powerful aura quickly advancing behind him.

Kim Shin couldn't dodge it since Dark Hyena's Spirit also started to attack.

BOOOM! CLANG! CLANG!

A powerful explosion occurred as the attacks collides that sandwich Kim Shin.

A powerful explosion occurred as the attacks collides that sandwich Kim Shin.

The collision caused a mild tremor and wreck around the area.

The smoke around them slowly disappeared and the result of the collision surprised Bradley's party.

Gasps could be heard as they didn't expect what they discover.

Their powerful boss with his precious monster spirit failed to cause a damage to Kim Shin.

Kim Shin didn't want to activate his Pseudo dragon body so early, since stamina consumption of this ability is high. However, he doesn't have any choice but to activate it.

So, before he could hit by them, he immediately activated his dragon body to parry the huge sword of Bradley and grab sharp claws of Dark Hyena Spirit.

Silence filled the surroundings.

No one expects Kim Shin to suddenly transformed to seems like a reptile-monster.

As they are stunned at the situation, Kim Shin quickly threw a right kick to the Dark Hyena Spirit face and threw a left punch to Bradley right face that knocked Bradley few meters away.

Kim Shin didn't just stop there, he followed with a slant sword strike to the left flank of the azure spirit that caused a huge cut but quickly back to its original form again.

'Damn'

Kim Shin cussed.

Knowing that he could only inflict a small damage to this monster. Although it's true that the Monster Spirit Health points is connected to their summoner, it's also a fact that they don't have a physical body so all the damage they received is truly small compared to the large health of their summoner.

The Dark Hyena's Spirit loudly roared and immediately flew to him.

'WHOOSH!'

Facing this attack, Kim Shin didn't treat it seriously. He just calmly dodges and turned to look at Bradley, who's brushing the blood dripping on the corner of his mouth.

"I admit you're really strong and you gave me a more reason to kill you right now!"

Bradley said in a menacing tone of voice as his eyes began to turn red like a mad vicious beast.

ROAR!

A deafening roar released by Bradley.

BOOM!

An air Shockwave erupted around Bradley as he roared.

"It seems our boss was already taking that man seriously.."

Uttered by the blonde haired man and the other just nodded their head in agreement as they focus their eyes on the upcoming big fight.

Because they never saw their boss fight all out with a human except boss monsters.

"Now watch me how I beat you to death"

Bradley stated while wickedly smiling. And with a whooshing sound, the Dark Hyena's Spirit swiftly flew back at him that covered his head to toe.

BOOM!

A powerful aura exploded out after the Monster Spirit and Bradley merged.

The new appearance of Bradley was really intimidating. His body looks more menacing with his bulging muscles that constricted by his black plate fitted armour added by his azure aura helmet in a figure of Hyena.

On the other hand, Kim Shin only watched everything occurred. Since, he desired them to feel the despair they experienced, he will defeat them in their strongest state.

He's also willing to go all out if needed.

BOOOM!

The ground where he stands on caved in as he also activated his Blood Aura.

Kim Shin smiled at the situation. He never felt this kind of excitement before. Although, he also experienced the feeling of fighting with someone. However, it lacked excitement which life and death is unknown and couldn't be guessed.

"Hmph!"

Bradley snorted when he saw Kim Shin smile. He didn't know what this man thinking to smile even at his death.

With that thought, Bradley furiously dashed at Kim Shin.

BANG!

Bradley broke through a speed of sound.

Seeing that Bradley already started to move Kim Shin also didn't hesitate to face Bradley upfront.

With a BOOM! Kim Shin pounced to Bradley as he also broke at the speed of sound.

Instantly arriving at each other. They threw a sword strike at the same time.

BOOOOOM!

A powerful explosion occurred as the debris around them flew and blown around.

20