The CEO Is My Lover: Arc 2 Chapter 14
838 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Juns heartbeat sped up rapidly after the confession as his eyes unknowingly shined while looking at Sage. He had wanted to say those words since he met her, but he had held back.

 

“Hmmm…?” Sage tried to process Jun’s words as she looked towards his tall figure.

 

Unfortunately for Jun, as the villain she was never seriously confessed to, the times she had been she was always tricked and later betrayed or tortured. 

 

So unlike any normal person, Sage couldn’t take Jun’s confession seriously as she wondered what ulterior motives he had. 

 

No! Even if he was serious, Sage wouldn’t be foolish enough to trust someone’s superficial words of love, especially towards her, the villain. 

 

He may be serious now but given a few years it would fade. 

 

Love faded and feelings changed, the only thing Sage could completely trust in was herself. 

 

Yes, she would never trust others, her heart was already stone cold, there was no room for feelings of love. 

 

Looking up at Jun, Sage calmly spoke. “I like you to…” 

 

Her words caused Jun’s heart to soar as it was filled to the brim of ecstasy, his eyes shone brilliantly yet, in the next second he was brought back down to the cold hard earth. 

 

“You are a good employee and cook. But you should be careful in how you phrase things or others might get confused. Luckily for you, I will not misinterpret your words of gratitude, after all I have no room for love.” Sage coldly spoke, hoping that Jun would get the hint. Whether he was serious or not, it did not matter to Sage. She didn’t think he was, but on the off chance that his feelings were true she hoped that her words would completely crush his heart.

 

Just to be sure she said one last cruel sentence.

 

“Even if someone did seriously confess to me I would never accept them, instead I would make sure to distance myself as far as possible, as I cannot feel any feelings of love in my life.”

 

Sage’s vicious sentence seeped deep into Jun’s mind as he stood blankly for a moment.

 

Unkown to the Villain, upon hearing her words Juns eyes filled with a strange type of fiery red darkness as he looked towards the ground.

 

“...Oh...I see…Haha... I’m sorry that my words… were misinterpreted...haha.” Jun covered his slightly wet eyes with his big hands as he slowly let out an almost deranged laugh. But Sage ignored it all.

 

Sage’s growling stomach quickly broke the awkward atmosphere.

 

“I’m hungry, let’s eat something.” 

 

“Yes, I’ll… I’ll go cook something…Haha.” Jun spoke with a closed eye smile swiftly turning away towards the kitchen. Only when he was out of Sage’s sight did his eyes open to reveal a murky black. 

 

Jun didn’t want to be pushed out of Sage’s life for loving her, so he felt deeply conflicted as his heart was torn. He didn’t know what to think as his gloomy eyes filled with hopelessness. 

 

Then quickly he thought of something. If what Sage said was true about not having room for love, that meant she would not pursue Rey for the time being... 

 

For now Jun decided he would pacify his feelings. He would make himself Sages most valuable asset. Slowly build her up showing her how skilled he was in working and cooking so that she would subtly notice him. Then when the day came he would again confess his love for Sage. 

 

As long as she didn’t go to see Rey again he would keep a low profile beside his most treasured person.

 

Still after Jun found his resolve he still felt a slight need for revenge...

 

After half an hour, a late dinner was served. It was all of Sage’s favorite foods too. 

 

As it was placed all on the dinner table Sage’s mouth watered while she still tried to maintain an indifferent facade. Jun also sat down as he gave a seemingly innocent smile but with dark eyes.

 

Sage ignored it as she started to eat the food but upon taking the first bite of her favorite dish she found it to be really bitter. Suspicion crept over the Villain as she continued to take a bite of every dish. Unfortunately for her, that night she did not get her fill of food as everything was either bitter or too spicy, two flavors Sage hated. 

 

“Tch, how did he find out in this world too…” Sage hungrily wondered that night.

 

Maybe not the most dramatic chapter like you guys may have been expecting, but just keep in mind this is only the 2nd world Mwhahaha ψ(`∇ ´)ψ 

20