The CEO Is My Lover: Arc 2 Chapter 18
769 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hmm… Really?” Rey found it a little hard to believe that that man would divulge such information when he was already working at the number one rising company. But on second thought, if it was true then it worked in his favor. He could not only gain valuable information but he would also be able to possibly frame the annoying man and take back Sage… 

 

As Rey mused over the possible benefits the female lead came rather close as she pulled up her laptop showing secret documents. 

 

As she “accidentally” invaded Rey’s personal space he could smell an intoxicating perfume coming from the young woman. It smelled good, but this already lead the ML to have an unfavorable impression of Zana as she was the stark contrast of the natural beauty Sage. 

 

“~These are half of the files. I will give you the other half over dinner tonight.~”

 

“How about I give you five million for the other half right now.” Rey spoke with a cold business-like tone.

 

Ironically, unlike the original story, Rey felt nothing for the female lead. 

 

Had she shown up earlier the results would have likely been different. Unfortunately for the two, Sage had long ago changed their fate, so now Rey could not help but become disgusted by the overly friendly female lead who’s heart already blackened making her no longer innocent and pure. Moreover, the female lead also felt nothing for the male lead, instead she just wanted to seduce and play with him in order to add to her grand scheme against Jun. 

 

Zana's heart truly had blackened, she was no longer the pure hearted female lead she had been.

 

Rey had also changed, his heart was no longer reserved for Zana as it sought after another. 

 

“~ Ha, money’s not the only thing I want… But fine, I'll take the bait and not only that but I’ll also give the information regarding the identity of V-techs CEO. In return, all I demand is the initial asking price for all the information and you publicly releasing the information that Jun is divulging his company secrets."

 

“Hmm…” Rey hated working around this type of woman but the offer was too tempting, finally he shook his head in agreement.

 

“~Great~ If go grab the documents right now.” The female lead left with a gentle smile while her eyes burned with revenge.

 

After she left, before, Rey could relax, another knock was heard at the door. 

 

“...Yes”

 

“U-Um… I was finally-fi-finally able to get in contact with Miss Sage. She… She said she would like an appointment with you, to-tonight.”

 

“Ah, good, immediately confirm the appointment. Tell her it will be at Sunrise restaurant this time…” Rey spoke as his heartbeat subtly beat a little faster.

 

Ooo the plot thickens...

17