The CEO Is My Lover: Arc 2 Chapter 19
762 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Good, he fell for the bait.” Sage mused after hanging up with Rey’s secretary.

 

The male lead, although he now had feelings for Sage he truly was an ice block. He never tried to call her himself, he always got his secretaries to call her, he truly was too cold. Even to those he supposedly loved...

 

That's why Sage preferred those who were softer on the inside, yes, someone who was able to fully express the love and desire they held for their loved one. Pity no one like that existed, or at least no one like that existed for Sage, after all she was the villain. Even if someone fell in love with Sage they were always bound to regret it or betray her later on. So Sage long ago decided not to get involved with anyone. 

 

This time she had directly made the call from her phone in order to avoid Jun’s suspicion, she couldn't afford to have him follow her again, not when it was so close to the end game. Last time it had been ok since she had switched her plans to work around Jun but now she needed to do this without any disturbance.

 

 Although it would still be hard to explain to him why she wasn’t going to be home for supper... 

 

Unfortunately for Sage, she underestimated Jun. She had made the call while going for a short break. While she took her five minute break she instructed Jun to work hard but she never suspected Jun would sense something was up and check through the security videos. 

 

Jun knew that if he had simply followed Sage then she would have easily discovered him and he would be scolded without learning the truth. So Jun learned from his past mistakes and instead chose a sneakier way to see what was up. Through the security videos he was able to see sage make a phone call and make out roughly what was spoken. After watching the security footage his eyes turned dark. 

 

“Jun.” Sage lightly called after getting back to her office.

 

“Yes?” Jun asked with a light closed eye smile.

 

“Tonight I will be working a bit later so you can go home before me…”

 

“Ah, is that true?” Jun innocently hummed.

 

“...yes…” Sage blankly spoke as she suddenly felt the need to shift her gaze towards the uniquely patterned ceiling…

 

Jun continued to hum. “You don’t need me to stay later to help?” 

 

“No, I really am fine.” 

 

“I see… Thanks for telling me in advance.” Jun said still slightly smiling while his dark aura betrayed him. 

 

That night, after Jun “left” Sage stayed back half an hour longer before taking a cab to Sunrise restaurant. 

 

Upon arriving at the appointed table Sage sat down as she eyed Rey who sat on the opposite side.

 

“Let’s get down to business.” Rey spoke, still with the same deadpan voice.

 

“Yes, let’s.” 

 

Sorry for another short chapter, here's a little treat.

Jun: Silently crying, "Why is Wifey always plotting against me"

The Villain: Blankly looking around. "I don't know, I'll go get her." coldly walks off.

Jun: Eye's widen. "Wifeyyy!"

16