The CEO Is My Lover: Arc 2 Chapter 20
754 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the two conversed, Sage couldn’t help but become slightly distracted.  Hmmm. Should I destroy this while we talk, or leave it be...? Sage mused as she spotted a microscopic microphone strategically placed on her back shoulder. 

 

She knew Jun had placed it there. 

 

After all, he was the only one who had access directly to her, and she hadn’t sensed any suspicious figures near her in the last 24 hours, so it all pointed to Jun. She didn’t know how he found out about her meeting but she decided to let the mic slide for now as she wondered why he had used it. Thinking this she turned her thoughts back to Rey.

 

This man was boring, even after finding out the truth he had little to no reaction. Still, she wouldn’t let that destroy her plans.

 

“So now that you know my identity what will you do?” 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner that you were V-techs’s CEO? I could have helped you. Our two companies could have collabed-No, our Two companies can still collab.”

 

The Villain eyed the man, she just needed him to say 3 words. “Why do you want to go so far? We have already cut ties, I have long since quit…”

 

“Why… why did you have to leave to begin with?”

 

Sage sarcastically mused. “Ha, you’re asking that now? Yet, when I did quit you could have cared less… Why is it different now? I asked you this last time, now I will ask you again. Why do you want me back?” The Sage eyed the man expectantly. 

 

“That...That is… I like… I like you…”

 

Story progress update: -92.89% 

 

Haha finally he admits it, now he definitely won’t go back to the female lead unless something drastic happens.

 

The Villains, eyes evilly twitched. “So you think admitting your feelings will change anything?”

 

“...I...I” Rey looked confused, afterall he was the male lead, even if he didn’t know it he subconsciously believed everything would go his way if he willed it.

 

“Do you want to know something funny, I loved you too.” Rey's heart skipped a beat.

 

“But that was long ago...Do you want to know why I left the company?” Sage made sure the man was listening expectantly. 

 

“I was tired… Tired of never being noticed… I put so much effort into trying to get you to notice me but it never worked. Although we were close friends you put business above everything else. Only now do you realize your feelings…” Sage thought about the original story line, Sage truly had worked hard to appease her boss and be noticed, but everything she did was futile. Then when she gave up on being noticed and decided to just stay by his side, just like that he fell in love with the female lead. 

 

Sure the two were destined to be together, but why did the original Soul have to be shooed to the side so harshly? Her boss never noticed her or cared to notice as he and the FL instead acted out their love in front of Sage. 

 

Even after she finally got the courage to confess, instead of kindly refusing he instead acted disgusted, firing her, humiliating her, and in the end, even killing her. Sure, she was the villian, but does that warrant such harsh treatment? Does it mean that just because you are the Villain you have to suffer 10x what you actually deserve and be given an irredeemable ending? Does it mean that just because you are the protagonist, your actions will be forgiven and justified!?

 

“...But...I”

 

“Do you think by telling me you have feelings for me things will change? This isn’t some magical romance story where everything gets resolved when you confess. (in the original story it had been, but Sage changed that) Things have changed, I created this company in order to move on with my feelings. That’s why our two companies can never come together. So now there's nothing between us. I told you before, if you wait too long, you’ll miss your chance.” 

 

There was another reason why she couldn't accept this man, he was too slow. Only after months of time was he able to discover his true feelings. He really was a bore…

 

 “Next time, instead of waiting, you need to grab what’s in front of you. Now you’ve waited too long.” Sage knew she wasn’t one to lecture on waiting too long, after all if she ever did fall in love she would likely pass up the opportunity. Her soul no longer knew how to trust, so how could she ever learn to love? However, she was the villain, that meant she didn’t care about the rules.

 

“Like I told you before, I already have Jun.” Rey looked downcasted as Sage hit the final nail. She hadn’t planned to use Jun’s name again, but since he was listening in on her, she might as well make use of him. 

 

Suddenly Rey’s face brightened. 

 

“Do you really trust that man?”

 

“Hmmm… What do you mean?” Sage indifferently asked

 

“That man has betrayed you!”

 

I made a new profile for Wattpad and will post the story in the next few days on there, please join me when that happens! Also, I finally got around to making a cover for this story. I spent all of yesterday drawing it and I must say, I am pretty proud of it, I think it looks quite professional! When I release the story on Wattpad it will have the new cover I drew and after a few days I will add the cover on here, hopefully the suspense of the cover helps bait you over to Wattpad tho ⃛ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )

(if you want to follow me ahead of time my user is Desert_S)

15