Chapter 38
790 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the complete massacre by Cure, I woke up in the infirmary.

“Misa, y-you’re awake!”

Syl was the first to greet me.

When I got up, seems like Syl was the first one to wake up.

Both Lia and Vora hadn’t woke up yet.

“Haaahhhh, we got completely destroyed.”

“Yes. It was quite u-unbelievable how strong Cure-sensei was.”

I already expected that we wouldn’t win, I guess I should look at it positively at the fact that we didn’t get instantly defeated?

“This is.....”

Lia seems to have woken up.

“Infirmary.”

“Ahhhh, I got hit by Vora’s sword and fell unconscious.”

Vora was the only one who haven’t regain consciousness.

It was quite understandable, he was the one who got knocked out in the most brutal way.

“Ahhh, the 3 of you are awake~ I guess it’ll be a while before Vora wake up~”

While we were discussing, Cure entered the infirmary.

“Ghhh.....I’m awake.”

Hearing Cure’s voice, Vora seemed to have woken up too, though he still looked unsteady.

“Now now, no need to force yourself~”

Cure then took a seat on my bed.

“Also, I need to apologize~ I might have used just a tiny bit more power than I said I would~ In that regards, that match would’ve normally be your win so you don’t need to feel so bad~”

“....Are you telling the truth?”

“Indeed I am~ Your team is the most successful out of the 7 teams that clashed with me too~ well, apart from team 6 they were all wiped in an instant like team 1 though~”

Even if she said that, we couldn’t really be satisfied with the lost.

It just means there’s that much gap between Cure and us.

“Now that the serious talk is over~”

“Ehhh....? Kyaaaaa!?”

Cure hugged me and lay down on the bed.

“W-What do you think you’re doing!?”

“Ahhh, its been so long since we met~ I was doing my best to hold back in front of the class you know~?”

“My friends are still here! What were you holding back for if you’re going to show them anyway!?”

The 3 of them looked quite puzzled from my interaction with Cure.

“As I said! My friends are watching so get off.....!”

I tried to push her away but to no avail.

“Muuu, there’s no need to be so cold~ I’m your friend too, do you not miss me~?”

“I-Its not like I.....This and that are different matters!”

“Since I need to get back soon, let me stay like this for a little longer~ Please~?”

Ghhh, there’s no way I can decline if she put it like that......

In the end, I had to just let her do whatever she wanted for about 10 minutes.

Even worse, Lia, Syl, and Vora didn’t leave the room and were watching the entire time.

“I’ve recharged plenty of my Misanium~ I can live for another day~”

With that, she finally let go of me and left the infirmary.

“.....You were quite close with Cure-sensei, that was really unexpected.”

“Haaahhhh, for someone like that to become so strong. I feel like all my efforts are being made fun of.”

“A-Anyway, we worked quite well together despite our lost.”

I tried to divert the conversation.

“Yes, I also feel the same!”

Syl surprisingly let out a loud voice.

“I will make sure the enemy does not get to the 3 of you if we ever team up again in the future.”

With a determined voice, Vora proclaimed so.

“And I will expand the magics I can use. I may be proficient in ice magic but if I have more variety then we would be able to mix up our strategies more.”

Lia also reflected on her shortcomings.

“Yes, I hope we can fight together again in the future!”

For me, what I need to do is to learn as much as I can from Rosa this weekend.

 

As promised last week, on Friday I gave the magic formula for instant growth magic to Felis-sensei.

True enough to Firana-oneesama’s word, Felis-sensei tried to use the magic and it costed her almost all her mana pool just to turn a seed into a sapling.

I doubt Felis-sensei who’s from the mage association would have less mana than me.

“I guess this magic is not really useable without a contract with a plant spirit. This cost is way too inefficient.”

Unlike last week we were only training how to cast our magic more efficiently so it was a pretty uneventful day.

As usual, Firana-oneesama was there to come and pick me up after class was over.

Does the 3rd years have shorter classes?

Without any detour we returned back to our room.

“Are you going today?”

“That was my plan. I should return around Sunday night.”

“Are you not going to bring anything?”

“I am not quite sure if there is anything I need to bring apart from a change of clothes. I will ask Rosa.”

I sent a telepathy to Rosa regarding and she replied that there’s no real need.

“There is nothing I need to bring it seems. She even went as far to say that I could go there with no clothes.”

“I suppose all the neccesities can be made using plants, whether it be clothes, food, or shelter. In that regards, plant magic might be one of the most versatile magic there is.”

“Well, it completely lacks firepower though.”

“All you need to do is to fight smarter. My magic is also not strong at direct combat but with it, I can set favorable conditions for myself.”

True enough, Firana-oneesama’s magic is not what one would picture as a strong magic.

Thinking about the application though, its definitely something I don’t want to mess with.

“How did you come up with this magic that controls thread, Firana-oneesama? No, more importantly, why did you come up with it in the first place?”

“Fufu, I rather not say. It is quite embarassing to say out loud after all.”

Saying it like that will only make me more curious......

“Setting aside the reason I came up with it, as for how, it was quite simple. Do you know how golem works?”

“You infuse your mana into the golem?”

I learnt that from Rune while we were chatting casually.

“Yes. Normally one would make the golem’s body out of earth then fill it with mana. I simply thought that if you can manipulate earth to move by filling it up with mana, then is there any reason why you cannot apply that to other things too? After experimenting with a lot of things, the one that was the most convinient to use was thread. Since they are light and small, they are easier to control than most things, and doesn’t cost nearly as much mana. I also managed to do the same with paper but I simply cannot think of a way to use them.”

I see, that makes sense.

Even though its quite a simple deduction, I don’t think I would’ve ever come up with something like that.

Of course, being explained directly like this makes you think “Ahhhh, so its that simple” but coming up with the idea is a different thing altogether.

After chatting a bit more with Firana-oneesama, I decided it was about time to go.

I called Rosa over through telepathy and she came not too long after.

“Rosa-sama, good evening.”

“Evening. As always, thank you for taking care of Misa.”

“No no, it is my pleasure.”

Firana-oneesama and Rosa greeted each other quite naturally.

“Also Misa, can you bring something to keep track of time? To make sure we don’t stay longer than planned. I can control when the sun and moon comes out but to put it in another way, its hard to keep track of time.”

“Would it be dangerous if I stayed for a long period of time there?”

“No, but I assume you want to come back before Monday right?”

Ahhhh, so that’s what she meant.

“Good point. My ID card should be enough.”

I set an alarm that’ll ring in 48 hours.

“Done.”

“Let us go then.”

“I would be happy if you were to bring me some souvenirs back.”

“I am not exactly going there for a vacation.....”

Rosa embraced me with one arm and casted her magic.

A giant flower appeared below us and swallowed us whole, when the petals re-opened we were already at a completely different place.

Flowers of varying colors as far as the eyes can see, a giant tree reaching high up into the sky in the distance.

That was the sight that greeted me.

I immediately felt sluggish though, most likely due to my mana being emptied from the magic we used to get here.

I lied down on the flowers, they felt softer than a bed and the sweet scent calmed me down.

“Would you like to rest first? Your mana is close to being empty after all.”

“I’ll take up that offer......”

It didn’t take long for me to fall asleep.

21