Chapter 42
643 9 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Misa, I believe you are not that clueless. You know what to do right?”

“.....Yes. Do not tell anyone about this magic.”

“Not just that, DO NOT use it unless its absolutely neccesary. Got it?”

“Yes.”

“Good, it appears you still have that much common sense at least. Still.....”

She continued on and started scolding me.

Uuuu, I ended up getting scolded.....

It all started when I went to show Firana-oneesama the magic Rosa taught.

I tried summoning a bouquet of flowers I’ve not seen yet in this world and the next thing I know, everything turned black.

Turns out I ran out of mana while attempting that.

I was pretty sure I could pull it off, it shouldn’t have costed nearly as much mana as it did.

I worried Firana-oneesama greatly as I suddenly passed out like that.

When I called Rosa to ask why that happened, it seems that the mana needed to cast that magic had been greatly reduced even more due to the nature of the spirit world.

In there, I only used up a tenth of the mana I was supposed to use.

Seems like that’s the main reason why Rosa wanted to teach me in her spirit world instead of here in Anaria.

That means the amount of plants I can summon is quite limited, as even in the spirit world there are plants that would exhaust half or even my entire mana pool.

As expected, there’s no way its so convinient.

“.....And you cannot help anyone if you are unconscious. Got it? Never use it unless its absolutely your last resort.”

“Yes.”

“In the first place......”

It was a long night of scolding from there on.

 

“Ummm, Firana-oneesama, where are we going?”

“Is it not obvious? To the castle of course.”

“But why?”

“Your power has grown even more out of proportion after all. With the power to recreate plants that have gone extinct in this world, there is no way I can keep quiet about this to the king.”

“Its not like I can recreate most of them freely though....”

I ended up muttering in a low voice, Firana-oneesama still heard it though.

“That is besides the point. Its not difficult to forcefully inject mana onto you, Its also not difficult to make you do something againts your will. They are magics that are normally forbidden but heretics who would go so far as to people would not really care about it being forbidden, would they? If your power were to fall to the wrong hand, it could spell disaster to this kingdom.”

.....Its better for me to not argue further with Firana-oneesama, or else it would only be an extension of yesterday’s scolding.

The trip went by peacefully and soon enough we arrived at the front of the castle.

After a brief inspection, we were allowed in without a problem.

Its my first time seeing the entrance of the castle.

I did visit with El back then but since we teleported inside, I didn’t get to see the entrance.

Its quite grand indeed, to the point where it would intimidate most people.

Ahhhh, this hallway is familliar, I think I had passed through here when I came here with El.

Which means ahead would be the garden, and indeed I was right.

Looking over to the garden, I could see someone sitting in the middle of the garden.

“Shirenia-sama.....?”

I ended up muttering while trying to figure out who it was.

Firana-oneesama heard me and also looked towards the garden.

“You are acquainted with the 2nd princess?”

“Not exactly, we simply had talked with one another one time when I was visiting here with El.”

“Is that so? So my guess was right after all. You were a bit too calm for it to be your first visit. This castle would usually overwhelm most people who visited for the first time, even nobles. And you looked like you know the way.”

“I wouldn’t say I know the way, the hallway was a bit familliar since I had passed through when I visited last time. I did not get the chance to explore back then so I only know the way to several spots I had visited back then.”

Namely the garden, dining room, guest room, and that room where El teleported me to when we came here.

The places I had visited were a mere fraction of this castle, that much was clear when I looked at the size of the castle from outside.

Shirenia-sama looked quite occupied with the book on her hand so I didn’t call out to her.

In the first place, I couldn’t really say I was close enough to just casually call out the 2nd princess like that, the only interaction we had was that one time when I visited with El.

Igret-sama who was floating near her noticed me though and waved his hand towards me.

I gave a little wave back and continued on along with Firana-oneesama.

Soon enough, I was in an area I had never been to before.

At first glance the hallway in this castle are mostly identical to one another, but each hallway has different paintings and various decorations differing it from one another.

Occasionally we would pass by maids and knights on patrol.

After going deep inside the castle, we arrived at what I assume is the throne room.

The door for it is ridiculously big, and there are 6 guards standing in front of it.

“State your name and business.”

“Firana Selesia, I have made a prior engagement.”

“Understood. Please wait here.”

One of the guard entered the room and after he came back out, we were allowed to enter.

The throne room was ridiculously big as expected.

What I didn’t expect was the fact that there are no guards anywhere.

No, to be exact there’s one standing next to the king but that is all.

I followed Firana-oneesama’s lead.

“Your majesty, I have come to discuss about the matters I wrote in the letter.”

“Firana, long time no see. You don’t need to be so stiff, there’s only us in here after all.”

“No, I will refrain.”

“Don’t be so cold. Its been a while since you have come to visit after all.”

“With all due respect, your majesty should learn his place.”

“I do not act like this in front of anyone you know, only to those I trust.”

“I am well aware that your majesty is keeping a proper public appearance but I would prefer if you do the same at meetings like this.”

Firana-oneesama heaved a sigh.

I definitely didn’t expect the king to act like this.

I had a more intimidating and majestic image in mind when a king is mentioned.

“I guess that’s enough playing around. So that is the girl you mentioned in your letter?”

“Yes.”

As Firana-oneesama previously discussed, I introduced myself.

“My name is Misa, its a pleasure to meet your majesty.”

“Humu, I have heard a lot about you from various sources.”

Ehhhh, he had heard about me?

“It seems that my son had been in your care.”

“N-No, I was the one who has been helped plenty by Leon......-sama.”

“Hohou?”

Ahhhh, I got too used at calling him Leon!

“You do not need to worry. My son does not just let anyone call him by name after all. If he deemed you worthy then you should by all means feel free to call him as such.”

“Y-Yes.”

“Continuing on, from the letter that Firana sent, She said something about a ridiculous plant magic. I have heard that recently a new magic was discovered by the mage association, is that it?”

“No, its a different magic from the one I shared. To be honest, this one is.....”

Hmmm, how should I put it to words.

The easiest way would be to show it and summon a rare plant but.....

“Well, the easiest way to show me is to use it. I give you permission to showcase the said magic.”

“Ehhhh!?”

I didn’t expect for the king to suggest that himself.

“Your majesty, we don’t know how dangerous the magic is, so something like this.....”

The knight next to him seems to share the same opinion as me.

“Hmmm? Is that magic of yours dangerous, Misa?”

“Not unless I intent to use it in a harmful way.”

“Then its fine. Cayle, she’s the older sister of the girl you picked up before. Besides, you are here to protect me from any danger anyway.”

“That is certainly true, but still your majesty, you should really exercise caution.”

“Hahaha, funny coming from you! Either way, I do not need to do that when I have reliable people like you on my side. Besides, you don’t have any intention to harm me at all right, Misa?”

“Y-Yes, it is as you say your majesty.”

In the first place what would I even gain from doing such a thing?

“See? She’s telling the truth, there’s no need to worry Cayle.”

The knight sighed after that and brought his tension down a bit..

“Then Misa, go ahead and show me.”

“Y-Yes.”

What plant should I summon?

With the original mana cost, honestly there’s not much of the extinct variant that I could summon.

Ahhhh, I guess I can summon that, it’ll also be a good gift for the king.

After focusing on the image of the flower in my head, I managed to summon it without a problem.

The mana it costed was more than i expected though and I immediately felt light-headed from losing so much mana.

Firana-oneesama seemed to have noticed that immediately and supported me from the side.

“Here you are, your majesty.”

“.....Is that not just a normal flower?”

“I also don’t see anything special about it.”

Of course, at first glance the flower looked like a normal flower.

It has 5 white petals.

“This may sound like an outrageous request but will it be possible to have someone bring a vial of poison here?”

After all, I have no way to prove this otherwise.

Firana-oneesama could only sigh as I said that.

“Hahaha, quite a straightforward young lady. Cayle, tell one of the knights to bring one here.”

The knight let out another sigh before going to the entrance and talking to one of the knight guarding the entrance.

It didn’t take long for the knight to come back.

“May I have it?”

He wordlessly handed it over to me and returned back to the king’s side.

Soon after, I opened and drank the content inside the vial.

“Misa!?”

Firana-oneesama immediately panicked but I assured her it was okay.

Even the knight was baffled by my action, only the king was looking at me calmly.

“Hmmmm?”

“As you can see, the poison is not a poison anymore.”

“Hoh? can you explain in a way that is easier to understand?”

“Yes. This may sound outrageous but this flower can instantly absorb any poison that comes in a 10-meter radius of it, processed or unprocessed.”

“Hoh?”

“When any form of poison comes close to it, its petal will absorb the said poison’s poisonous properties. In exchange, the petal on this flower will partially turn dark purple depending on how much poison and how potent the said poison is.”

I showed the flower from before and one of its petal was dyed purple on its tip.

“It does not matter if the poison is sealed or even inside someone, as long as it comes close to this flower, the flower will nullify the poison. You can bring the flower to someone who got poisoned and the poison inside that person’s body will get absorbed. The same can be said if you were to bring the flower close to a poisonous snake for example, the snake will lose its poison and even if it bite you, you  will be fine. When all 5 petals turn completely dark purple, it will wither away in 1 hour.”

Its quite an outrageous flower that ignores all common sense.

“I do not think I have ever heard of a flower like that, have you Cayle?”

“No, I am pretty sure something like this has never been discovered, at least in this kingdom. In the first place, the flower has the appearance of a normal flower so you would not bat an eye to it normally.....”

“According to Rosa this flower already went extinct from this world about 350 years ago.”

After all, it’ll absorb poison no matter what.

If you were to find it in the wild and brought it back to the town, it’ll inevitably absorb poison from its surrounding even if you don’t intend for it to.

It cannot be moved around carelessly, and even out in the wilderness it can die away if a poisonous animal pass by.

The flower itself doesn’t have any seed, rather it can only reproduce by shedding off its petals to the ground, and even then only the pure white petals can actually grow back into a flower.

Unless you know about the flower, there’s no way anyone would be able to cultivate it properly.

“So this magic of yours can reproduce any flower, even those that have gone extinct?”

“Not just flowers, any type of plant that Rosa knows I can theoritically summon, though I have only learnt a small fraction of that.”

The king put his hand on his chin and thought about it for a bit.

“Hmmm, I agree with Firana then, this is quite the outrageous magic. Is there no downside?”

“You need an extensive knowledge of the plant you are planning to summon, on top of a ludicrous amount of mana. Even for me, there are a lot of plants Rosa taught that I cannot summon in this world due to their mana cost.”

“And that is despite you having a contract with a high rank plant spirit. If that is the case, it is practically impossible for anyone but you to use it even if they know the magic.”

“Exactly.”

It may come off as arrogant but its a fact that I’m basically the only one who can utilize this magic.

“Will you accept the request I sent on the letter then?”

Firana-oneesama then cut back into the conversation as my part was done.

“Haaaahhhhh, you always seem to know how to get the upper hand. Even though just a few years ago you were still so cute and innocent.”

“I would appreciate it if you do not bring unneccesary comments.”

The king seemed to like teasing Firana-oneesama.

I don’t know how she actually felt but Firana-oneesama seemed unfazed, I wonder if they do these kinds of exchange frequently whenever they meet?

It definitely deviated from the image of a king in my mind though.

“Alright, I will see to it that your request be done as soon as possible.”

“Thank you, your majesty. Now if you will excuse us.”

We exited the audience chamber after.

“If I may know, what request was it that the king mentioned?”

“I asked the king to hasten the paperworks for your adoption. As it is now, it would be quite troublesome if other nobles were to order you to do things while I am not by your side. If you bear the Selesia name, there would not be much who dare to do so.”

“Does that also include El?”

“Of course, the king knows of her teleportation power after all. Her power is something outside the realm of common sense.”

20