Chapter 44
579 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It still feels quite weird hanging out with someone from the noble class despite knowing you’re not like the others.”

“I do share the sentiment, even for me I have barely interacted with the people in my class. They are not the most friendly bunch.”

As I had mentioned, I have really only ever interacted with Lia, and not so much with everyone else in the class.

Other than Lia there’s really only Vora and Syl, who I haven’t really interacted with much at all.

Everyone else in the class, I’d never interacted with them beyond simple greetings.

Its not that I’m unsociable or anything, its just that more often than not nobles won’t really interact with one another unless there’s merit in doing so.

Though I may be unique with the fact that I’m a crosser, most of them probably thought that there’s no real reason to interact with me as I’ll be leaving in 3 months.

Well, that was the case before at least, no one knew about the fact that I’d been adopted to the Selesia family.

To be honest, imagining everyone flocking towards me after my debut party sometime soon, it was quite an unpleasant imagination.

There’s no doubt that some people would try and get close to me to make a connection with the Selesia family.

Getting dragged into this political struggle is inevitable.

I inadvertedly let out a sigh.

“Right, Misa?”

“Ehhh? Ahhh sorry, I was lost in my thoughts.”

I ended up not listening to whatever Ru was saying.

“Muuu, what were you thinking?”

“Nothing important, no need to mind.”

“If you say so. Anyway, as I was saying.....”

We continued chatting idly as we walked towards, or rather around town.

I didn’t even know where we were heading, though that didn’t matter much as even if they’d told me where we would be going, I would most likely not know the place.

And true enough, the place we went to was a place called ‘Blue Rose Cafe’ quite far from the school that I’d never been to.

In the first place, I never really went this far away from school.

Still, being this far away from the school does concern me of one thing.

“Would we have enough time to go back before night falls?”

“Ehhh....?”

Hiyori’s expression changed from confusion to sudden realization to terror in an instant.

“T-That....I’M REALLY SORRY!”

She lowered her head in a snap.

“E-Ehhhh!?”

“When you said you didn’t mind hanging out with us, I mistakenly assumed you also didn’t mind staying outside for the night. Again, I’m really sorry for this!”

Ahhhh.....

That thought didn’t even cross my mind.

I knew tommorow was a holiday but I didn’t actually think about the possibility of staying out.

Hmmm, I didn’t really mind staying out but my main concern was the fact that I didn’t say anything to Firana-oneesama.

Ghhhh, its not like I could communicate with her from far away.

Muuuu, should I rely on El?

No, I don’t want to bother her.

But still, apart from her there’s no other way for me to contact Firana-oneesama......

“A-As expected, are you mad?”

Hiyori looked at me like a kitten about to be abandoned.

“Apologies, I spaced out there for a second. I don’t really mind, but since I didn’t inform my roommate beforehand, I am in a bit of a bind.”

“See piyopiyo, I told you she wouldn’t mind.”

“You idiot, that’s not the problem! Why didn’t you remind me to ask her about it!?”

“I mean, you’re the one who forgot piyopiyo, don’t suddenly blame it on me.”

“Ghhh....”

Hiyori was unable to refute any further.

“Ahhhhh!”

It was truly a coincidence but while I was looking around wondering what I should do, I saw someone selling flowers across us.

I can ask Rosa to deliver the message!

I quickly asked Rosa if she could send the message and thankfully she didn’t mind.

Well, she did grumble a bit about it....

I’m really sorry Rosa, there’s no other way.

“Alright, it should be fine now.”

“Ehhhh?”

“I have sent a message to my roommate. There should be no problem with me staying out now.”

“Really!? How though?”

Hmmm, I’m pretty sure normal spirits can’t converse to anyone other than the one they’re contracted with, or even show themselves to those who can’t normally see spirits, at least that’s what Vildra had taught me anyway.

Firana-oneesama did already told me not to tell anyone about Rosa being a high rank spirit so I can’t really tell her that I sent Rosa to deliver the message.

“Ahhh, sorry. Its fine if you can’t talk about it. The point is you’re fine with staying out for tonight right?”

“Yes.”

“Then that’s all good.”

Guess Hiyori read my expression.

“Enough talking, lets enter!”

With Ru energetically bursting through the door, me and Hiyori followed from behind.

The cafe was quite unlike any cafe on earth, whether it be the atmosphere, decoration, or even the waitress.

Honestly, even if its called a cafe, it felt more like a tavern? But cleaner and with no drunk people around.

The place was quite crowded when we entered, all of the waitresses were busy attending.

“We should find somewhere to sit.”

Hiyori looked quite familliar with the place, she lead us towards a seat pretty deep inside.

“Was this place always this busy, piyopiyo? Last time you brought me here, it was nowhere near as crowded.”

“Its a rare occasion, though I’m not sure myself why today is this crowded.”

Hiyori called out to one of the waitress close to us, or rather she called her name.

Did she visit so often that she remembered the names of the people here?

“Ahhh, Hiyori! Wait, do you have a shift today? I thought you’re on a break.”

“Use your head a little, I won’t be sitting here if I’m on shift. I came here with.....”

“Is that you Hiyori? Perfect timing, can you help out? A carravan just came to town and owner brought all his men here for a treat, we’re quite short-handed because of that.”

This time another girl came, she was so short I thought she was a lost child for a second.

From the way she talked though, is she this cafe’s owner?

From the conversation too, it’s quite obvious that Hiyori worked here.

“Sorry, I came here with my friends today so.....”

“Is that so? Ru and the other girl, do you mind helping out too? We’re in a bit of a bind at the moment. Of course we’ll properly pay you.”

“Wait, don’t just suddenly....”

“I don’t really mind. What about you Misa?”

Hiyori was about to complain about it but Ru immediately agreed.

Its kinda hard to decline now that Ru had agreed like that…..

“U-Um, I guess not.....?”

“Perfect! Hiyori, bring them to the back and brief them on what they should do.”

“No wait....!”

Before Hiyori could protest any further, the girl already left us.

“Haahhh, are you both sure you’re okay with this? Especially Misa, I don’t want to suddenly get executed for this.”

“Yes, I do not particularly mind.”

Besides, there would be nothing for me to do sitting here alone while those 2 go and help out, might as well follow along.

It would be a different story if Ru’s not going but she looked really eager to help out.

“If you say so. Then, lets go.”

With Hiyori leading the way, we were brought to the back of the store.

The uniform in this cafe was quite simple, just a brown dress with a white apron on top and plenty of frills all around.

“Its surprisingly easy to move in.”

Ru spinned around happily as she said that.

“So what are we supposed to do? I have never done anything like this.”

“Me too!”

“Just take their orders when they called you. Also, Pia would call you from time to time to deliver the order but she’ll tell you which table to deliver the food to so there’s no need to worry. Ahhh, Pia is the little girl that came to us before, she’s the owner of this cafe. Don’t be deceived by her looks, she’s way older than any of us. Also most importantly, keep a smile on your face at all times, that’s all you really need to do.”

Sounds simple enough.

We went out and started getting to work.

Well, by we I meant Ru and Hiyori.

I get that Hiyori is used to this since from the conversation she seemed to work here frequently, but this should also be Ru’s first time right?

She’s already blending right in, energetically attending the people on her own initiative.

Ru’s sociable as usual.

I was just standing there, nervously looking around since I wasn’t quite sure how to approach the customers.

“Yo young lady over there!”

“Y-Yes.”

One of the customer callled out to me.

It was a table of 4, 2 male and 2 female.

They looked like adventurers, with each having their own weapon leaning againts their seat.

Their equipments looked much better than everyone else I’d seen though.

One of the guy was looking nervously at me.

“Can you reccomend a menu to us? We’ve never really been here before.”

Geh, I don’t even know what we serve here.

“Ummm, is there anything in particular that you want? If you are unsure, how about buying one of everything?”

“YES!”

I got startled by the guy suddenly shouting joyously.

When I looked at his party member, the other guy who was looking towards my direction nervously was hanging his head depressed.

“Alright young lady! As you’ve suggested, give us one of everything!”

“E-Ehhhh!?”

No, I recommended that as a joke but they would really order everything?

“Can we.....”

“Nono Gio, you did say you would pay for anything the waitress recommended. A man shouldn’t go back on his words!”

“I told you it was a bad idea.”

The guy who excitedly shouted out replied, followed by a girl wearing a robe.

“Ummm, I’m sorry.....?”

“Haaahhhh, don’t mind it. I did say I was gonna treat everyone.”

After confirming with the guy called they called Gio again, I delivered the order to Pia.

Even she was surprised when I told her that one of the table would order one of everything, before patting me on the shoulder and giving me a thumbs up.

“You can focus on attending the table you got this order from. Push them to buy even more, okay?”

She gave a cute wink then threw the order to the ones working back in the kitchen.

I waited around the counter for the order to finish then delivered them to the table, while also recommending them to order another one if they looked like they enjoyed the food, though that only applied at the start.

At first I thought this would take about a couple tens of minutes but I clearly underestimated how much menu there was in this cafe.

The sun was still pretty high up in the sky when we got here and by the time I delivered all the orders, the sun had already set.

I’d brought out well over 100 dishes to the table, it was to the point where we had to empty out a couple of tables next to this one just to place the dishes.

Even the guy who excitedly celebrated before was baffled as he probably didn’t expect this much.

Still, the most surprising thing was the fact that they actually ate all of them.

With that said though, it was quite late at night before they managed to finish everything.

They were the last customers we had, everyone else had finished their meal and went out.

“God, I can’t eat another bite....Ugghhhh, I feel like puking.....”

“Don’t say that! Oh god, they’re going to crawl out of my stomach....”

“.....Roja, if the food doesn’t kill you, I will.”

“.....I’m really sorry Gio.”

They were all groaning in pain.

It was a scene of carnage.

Pia was not one to care about their conditions though, as soon as they finished she handed them the bill.

The guy called Gio grimaced as he saw the price, before reaching into his backpocket for a paper and pen and wrote his signature on it.

He gave his signature and a card of some sort to Pia, who then exited the cafe happily.

“Errr, what’s that card?”

I asked Hiyori who’s currently standing next to me.

“Adventurer’s guild card. Usually higher rank adventurers would store their money at the guild. With their card and signature anyone can take out the money they stored.”

“I see.”

I guess it somewhat works like a bank?

Before long, Pia came back with a wide smile on her face.

She handed the card back to Gio, who then slam his head back to the table.

“Good job Misa! Are you interested in working here full time?”

“....I would have to refuse.”

There’s no way I could considering I would be in the Selesia family soon, or rather I’m already in the Selesia family.

Its quite unthinkable for a noble to work as a waitress, not to mention Firana-oneesama would probably scold me all night if she were to find out about this.

....Yup, lets not tell her about it.

I personally don’t mind but it’ll definitely not be good for the family’s reputation.

Well, I did say I don’t mind but honestly this is a bit too exhausting for me.

Though Hiyori did say that today’s crowd is not a common thing.

I don’t think someone ordering 1 of everything is a common thing either.

“Really? That’s too bad. Anytime you’re looking for work, feel free to come here. Cute girls like you are always welcomed. Of course that includes you too Ru.”

“Hmmm, I’ll think about it.”

Ru didn’t seem too dismissive about the idea of working here.

“Well, you 3 should relax. I’ll cook up something real good as a reward.”

We took a seat at where we were before.

“Still, you’re quite something Misa.”

“They asked me for a recommendation and I didn’t knew anything about the menu here so I jokingly suggested them to order everything and they ended up doing so.”

“Ahhh, I forgot you never came here before. Sorry, that was my bad. I should’ve at least gave you our menu before pushing you out to work. Ru had visited this cafe a couple of times before so she’s already familliar with the menu.”

“Well, it all ended up working in our favor so I say its all good!”

“Thankfully.”

Both Ru and Hiyori also looked pretty exhausted.

I guess they ran around more than I did, I only attended one table after all.

They even helped me carry those last few dishes after everyone but my table had finished.

“Still, they must be quite a high ranking adventurer to be able to pay everything without batting an eye like that.”

“The one who paid did grimace though.”

“But nothing more. For your information, the food in this place are all pretty expensive. Adventurers would usually visit here only once in a while as a reward for themselves.”

“Yup! Though I always came here with piyopiyo so I always ate here for free.”

“What are you looking smug for?”

A chop landed on Ru’s head.

“But yea, considering they can pay all of the orders, they must be quite a famous group of adventurers.”

“[Union of the Crest], that’s their party name.”

Pia said so while serving up some food.

“I feel like I’ve heard that name before.....”

“Its quite a famous name in the west. A group of 4 who’s said to never fail a quest they’ve taken.”

“Hoho, so our name has spread this far!”

The energetic guy from before suddenly appeared next to us.

Not gonna lie, him suddenly appearing out of nowhere startled me a little.

Or rather, he was groaning in pain just a few minutes ago, was he fine now?

Ru looked frustrated for some reason.

“Roja, don’t suddenly intrude on people like that.”

This time the one who paid for the meal came over.

“Sorry for his rudeness. I’m Gio and this is Roja. The girl wearing a mage robe there is Tulip and the other girl wearing strange clothing is Kanade.”

He pointed at the 2 girls who were still groaning at the table.

The strange clothing in question is something similar to a yukata.

Rather, she’s a samurai isn’t she?

I couldn’t tell exactly since its sheathed but the sword next to her does look like a katana.

“As mentioned, we’re [Union of the Crest]. We had a subjugation mission nearby and when we were deciding where to get a meal, the guild recommended this place. It ended up being quite fatal to my wallet though.....”

“That.....I’m sorry.”

“No, its fine. The amount was definitely excessive but each one of them was really good.”

“I’m honored to hear that.”

Pia looked quite happy with the compliment.

“Yea, definitely the best meal we’ve had in a while! Makes it even better that I’m not paying.”

“Tch, I’ll make sure to pay this back in the future.”

“Well, enough pestering of our cute waitresses. If you stay around they won’t be able to have dinner.”

Pia pushed them away from us, though Ru called out to them and stopped them in their track.

“Ummm, would you still be around tommorow!?”

“We’ll probably leave 2 days later if we don’t see any interesting requests here. Here.”

Gio then threw a card, no, a piece of paper to Ru.

How did a piece of paper cut through the air and flew like that?

“If you want to meet us, just hand this to the receptionist.”

They then quite literally picked up the 2 girls in their party and lifted them on their shoulders.

I don’t think that’s how you’re supposed to carry a lady.....

“Why did you ask that?”

I got curious so I ended up asking.

Ru looked like something was bugging her.

“.....That guy, Roja got close to us without me noticing until he actually spoke out. Its quite frustrating to not even be able to notice him despite all the training I’ve done.”

“Pia did say they’re quite famous after all, you shouldn’t mind it too much Ru.”

“Muuuu.....”

Hiyori tried to console Ru but to no effect.

“A-Anyway, we should eat. The meal’s getting cold.”

I tried to divert the conversation.

It was indeed quite delicious, I could understand why those guys gave it a high praise.

Ru seemed to have cheered up after eating too.

As they say, good food will put you on a good mood.

“By the way, will you be staying the night here like usual Hiyori?”

“Yea, Ru and Misa too.”

“Okay, I’ll prepare the room so you can take them to the bath.”

As instructed, Hiyori guided us to the bath.

It was quite a luxurious bath, big enough to fit all 3 of us together with plenty of room to spare.

After we finished our bath, Hiyori guided us to the bedroom.

It was a room with 4 beds so there’s no problem with us sleeping in the same room.

The exhaustion from today’s work started to catch up so we didn’t talk much in the end and just went to sleep.

15