Chapter 47
585 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It turned out that it was Rosa who told Firana-oneesama about the details of everything I did.

It was a payback because I was using her as a gofer like that.

Uuuu, there was no other way!

I was scolded all night long and in the end I was forbidden to leave the school ground without Firana-oneesama.

Of course the expedition next week is an exception but aside from that, I’m not allowed to leave the school ground.

No, not just that, she strictly told me to come back to our room before the sun sets.

In truth though, I’m not really bothered by it.

In the first place, I don’t really have anywhere I want to go anyway.

At best I would chat with Lia after classes but outside of that, I usually returned to this room anyway.

I’m currently sitting on Firana-oneesama’s lap, being hugged by her from behind.

“Ahhhh, speaking of which, did you know its a holiday tomorrow?”

“Ehhhh?”

“As expected, you don’t know. Every day other than the days of the expedition will be a holiday on the week an expedition is held. The week after is also a holiday.”

“That is a really long holiday.”

“Hmmm, do you know the school’s yearly schedule?”

“.....No, I’m afraid not.”

I was only supposed to be here for 3 months in the first place after all, Frillia didn’t explain anything outside of that.

“I thought that you would already be taught about it on the other side but thinking about it again, I suppose you were indeed only supposed to be here for 3 months.”

Firana-oneesama then started explaining the school system.

The school is split into 3 semesters, with each semester taking 3 months each.

At the end of each semester there would be a 1 month break, and outside of that there’s no other holidays inbetween unless in a state of an emergency.

The only exception to that is the 3rd semester.

On the second to last weekend of the 3rd semester, an expedition will be held and that week along with the week after will be a holiday.

Firana-oneesama then continued explaining that most of those who attended the noble class already have the education they need learnt at their home, and that school is more for making connection with those of similar age.

Still, there was one lingering unspoken fact that I ended up noticing.

“Firana-oneesama.....will be graduating soon?”

“Indeed, that much is obvious.”

That means I’ll be left all alone soon....

“It is still a long way away and after the expedition you will be coming back to the Selesia estate so its not as if we will be saying our goodbye soon.”

“Still, its a bit of a shock for me.”

No, that was a lie.

I was absolutely shocked about it.

After all, if I were to return back to earth after the expedition like everyone else on the exchange program, we would still be about half a year away from becoming a 2nd year.

It wasn’t strange for the school schedule in this world and the one one earth to not match but still, this is too much of a shock.

I thought I still had a long time to stay with Firana-oneesama.

Would I really be fine on my own after Firana-oneesama is gone?

Thinking back, I’ve been completely relying on Firana-oneesama for everything ever since I came here.

I was never the type to rely on others like this in the first place.....

Back on earth before me and El came to Amadeus, I have always been taking care of El and myself alone.

Even on Amadeus, I tried my best not to rely on Frillia and Cure as much as possible.

Still, why do I feel so insecure now?

As if noticing my inner turmoil, Firana-oneesama tighten her hug on me.

“Worry not, soon we will be a family after all. Even after I graduate, we will still each other plenty of times.”

“.....Yes.”

“You sure have become spoiled, Misa.”

“Apologies.”

“No need to mind. This kind of affection is something I never got from my brothers and sister, it is quite nice.”

Ehhhh?

Does she not have a good relationship with her brothers and sister?

“It is not what you think. It is not a case of me having a bad relationship with them, its simply how we who bear the name Selesia was raised.”

“What does that mean?”

To never rely on others and be someone that everyone can rely on, we of the Selesia has always lived by this ideal. It is an ideal you should also follow as you soon bear the name of Selesia.”

Firana-oneesama said that with a dignified voice.

“It is because of this ideal, that I never truly got close to my brothers and sister like a normal family would.”

“.....Do you ever hate that ideal?”

“Never.”

Her firm answer surprised me.

“It is an ideal that built me to the person I am today, and I have no regret over the person I have come to be. Still.....No, let us leave it at that.”

Firana-oneesama didn’t explain any further and continued playing with my hair.

“So what will you do for the holiday?”

“I don’t really have any plans……”

In the first place I’ve only learnt about it today.

“Then, would you like to go out with me?”

“Go out with Firana-oneesama?”

“Yes. Most people in the academy already makes a plan for the holiday way before, so if you didn’t make any plan with any of your classmates before then they most likely already have a plan on their own.”

Ghhh…..I was planning to maybe invite Lia out but if it’s as Firana-oneesama said, then she would most likely already have her own plan.

Ru…..I don’t want to disturb her, she’s desperately trying to make money to win against Frillia’s bet and I can’t help her with it.

“I will kindly take that offer then…..”

There’s nothing for me to do if I were to spend time alone eitherway, so I accepted Firana-oneesama’s offer.

“Good. Can you ask El if she would be free tommorow?”

“Yes.”

I messaged El and she replied almost immediately, though it was a response I didn’t expect.

“She said she will be busy for a while.”

This might be the first time she ever declined spending time with me.

“I suppose she has to escort Asakura-hime around the time we will be going on our expedition, so it is quite understandable for her to be unavaible.”

“I suppose.....”

She’s always been the type to push aside everything just to spend time with me though.

I guess that’s how seriously she’s taking her job now.

I’m honestly againts her going, after all who knows what kind of danger she will encounter while traveling to the neigboring kingdom.

Of course I’m not hoping that something would happen mid-travel to Asa, but the fact still remains that El is Asa’s bodyguard, and a danger to Asa would be a danger to El too.

Well, El can use teleportation magic so if she deems anything too dangerous then she can get to safety without a problem but what if the one attacking them got to El before she could take out her gun?

No, what if they can seal her magic in the first place?

“Firana-oneesama, is there a magic or tool that would let you block someone else’s magic like the dolls Firana-oneesama would use whenever El came here?”

“As far as I know, there is no magic that would cancel out someone else’s magic. The bear doll I used did not seal magic but the user’s mana instead. Are you worrying about El again?”

“Yes. I know she can take care of herself as long as she can use her magic but if someone got to her before she could or if she was prevented from being able to use magic at all......”

“I understand your concern but you should really trust your little sister more. She is the cautious type so I do not think that such a situation would occur in the first place.”

“But you caught her off-guard when she came here.”

“That is a different story. She completely let her guard down because its you after all, if it was any other person I do not think she would be caught off-guard.”

I’m still not convinced.

There are existences like Cure that could move faster than the eyes can see after all.

“Besides, I doubt anything bad could happen on the journey with that monster there.”

“Monster?”

“the second knight commander. Anything or anyone that could take her down would be a kingdom-level threat.”

Well, its true that I can’t imagine Cure losing.....

“You should worry about your own expedition instead. The first year would often be troubled on their first expedition, even more so for you who had been living in a completely different world.”

I occasionally talked about earth since Firana-oneesama was curious about it so she knew how vastly different this world and earth is.

Still.....

“It may be a bit arrogant for me to say this but I do not think I have anything to worry about at all. It is a forest expedition after all.”

Thanks to my contract with Rosa, I can basically comunicate with plants.

I can also have them make a path for me and protect me so I can’t see myself struggling at all.

“you do know that you cannot be doing anything flashy or unnatural right?”

“Ehhhh?”

“As I had mentioned, until your debut you should not be spreading out the fact that you are in contract with Rosa-sama who is a higher rank spirit. Even after, its not something you should be spreading actively yourself. Ideally I do not want anyone from the mage association to find out. Our family’s position is high, but not high enough to keep them away from trying to take you unlike the princess.”

“Will they really do something like that?”

It sounds a bit too much for me.

“Maybe not, but it never hurts to be on the safe side. Those bunch are mostly not right in the head after all.”

For Firana-oneesama to criticize them this much, I wonder if there’s some bad history between them….

“S-Speaking of, how was your first expedition like Firana-oneesama?”

I tried diverting away the conversation as I felt like it would be bad to continue further down that route.

“There is not much to speak about. I have been taught on the basics of camping since I was little so it did not prove to be much of a challenge for me, though its a different story for the group I was with.”

“Ehhhh? Did they trouble you....?”

“Indeed, the ones from noble course in particular. All they could do was complain and order around the students from the commoner course. I suppose its normal for other nobles to not be accustomed to camping but I rather not have them sully the image of nobles.”

From my experience of going through the commoner course building though, the common view from the commoners were mostly negative.....

Considering how most nobles act, it could be said that its inevitable.

“Did you do anything back then Firana-oneesama?”

“I reprimanded them harshly but they would not listen. In the end I left them behind and went ahead with the commoners. We did not reunite with them at all throughout the expedition, turned out they got taken back by the supervisor after they fainted from eating a poisonous mushroom.”

“I-I see.....”

Well, if you have no knowledge about plants that can easily happen, even more so in this world.

Its honestly a blessing in disguise as some mushrooms can kill you in less than 5 minutes, some of which Rosa taught me about.

“Of course, they retaliated after the expedition was over like the fools they were and challenged me to a duel so I took both of them on at once and won. After that they went to their parents to ‘put me in my place’, it was quite funny how quickly their parents’ face turned pale after they saw me.”

I guess it was their foolishness in the first place for not knowing about Firana-oneesama.

“Enough of that, more importantly how is your group looking? The commoners you will be going with are the ones you went with yesterday, correct?”

“Yes. As for my classmates on the noble course, Vora Rufias and Dinzo Sefaros. I know Vora well enough but do you know anything about Dinzo Sefaros, Firana-oneesama?”

“Hmmm, the 3rd son of the Sefaros family is it? I am not the type to based my judgement off rumors but he does not have that good of a reputation to say the least. A womanizer who flaunts his money, though as I mentioned that was only what I have heard from rumors, I have not met him directly. Still, its best if you stay cautious just in case the rumors are true.”

“Yes, I will be careful.”

I do hope he’s not as the rumors suggest.

15