Chapter 8
2.5k 6 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today’s class was all about plants.

Of course, it’s not just any normal plants, it’s the plants that’re in Anaria.

To be honest, I was having trouble keeping up with it, the teacher just kept on throwing one name after another without explaining much about it.

Ru was not even trying anymore and just laid her head on the table, it looked like she’s already asleep even?

I couldn’t take notes like I did in beastiary class.

Well, I can, but I would only be wasting time since the teacher said he’ll send the whole encyclopedia to everyone through the ID card.

When the class ended, a lot of sighs came out from everyone.

That’s an exhausting class.....

Frillia sent a message that she’ll be waiting at the student council room so I woke Ru up and went there together with her.

“Haaahhhh, I feel sleepy.”

“I would say don’t sleep on class but even I was having trouble keeping myself awake.”

When we arrived at the student council room, Frillia, Kanae, Gai, and El were there.

Cure was nowhere to be seen though.

“Where’s Cure?”

“Ahhh, she went ahead. She got called by the knights to help with a certain monster subjugation. She’ll probably be joining us in the evening if everything goes well.”

“We should get going, president.”

“Yea. Alright, let’s go Misa!”

Frillia then opened the door to the room next to this one that I’d forgot about.

“Here, come in.”

I was confused, but I obediently did what she told me and walked into the room.

The moment I stepped in, that familiar nauseating feeling that I got from yesterday striked me again.

Wait.....

“Hehe, surprised? We’re already at Anaria! My mansion in Anaria to be exact.”

“Ehhhh!?”

“It’s a dimensional gate, it lets me connect a door of this world to a door in Anaria. So far there are only 3 of these built on earth, one is what we just used that’s in the student council room, one is in my mansion, and the last one is Cure’s personal door on her home. It’s crazy expensive even for me and Cure, since only Founder-sama can make it.”

“Amazing.....”

It’s crazy convenient, but if even Frillia and Cure saw it as crazy expensive, then there’s no way any normal person could even hope to have it.

“Anyway, Anna, can you guide Misa, Rurune, and El to their room?”

“Understood.”

“Whoaaa!?”

Before I noticed, the maid that I once saw on Frillia’s mansion on earth was already standing behind us.

She escorted us through this big mansion.

El’s room was next to mine and Ru’s room was across mine.

The room was really extravagant.

A really large bed with a canopy, a large make up table, 3 really big wardrobe, gorgeous looking decorations everywhere, lots of frills.

There’s even a balcony connected to this room.

This room is honestly too much.....

Are all the guest rooms in this mansion like this?

I tried to unpack my clothes to the wardrobe, but all the wardrobes were already full of clothes, mostly those really luxurious dress like the one Frillia gave me when I ‘worked’ for her.

I wanted to ask Frillia about it but I couldn’t even do that since I’ll definitely get lost in this mansion if I were to go around alone.

In the end I just lay down on the bed and waited for her maid Anna or maybe even Frillia herself to come and call me.

Probably because of the class before, I quickly fell asleep before I noticed.

 

“Hmmm, this might be good.”

“President, I would reccomend this instead.”

“No, this is definitely better!”

“El think this fits Nee more.”

When I woke up, I could hear lots of voices in the room.

“Ahhh Misa, good morning. Or I guess good night fits more.”

“Ehhh....?”

“You fell asleep when we came to check on you.”

“Ahhh.”

It took me a while before I understood what she meant.

“Ehhh!? Then why didn’t you wake me up?”

“Your sleeping face looked so peaceful. Only a demon would wake you when you showed such a face.”

“Uuuu.”

I wanted to blame her but it was my own fault for falling asleep in the first place.

“Anyway, what’re you doing?”

When I looked at them, they were taking out various dresses from the wardrobe then putting them back in.

“Ahhh, we’re deciding on which dress you’ll be wearing tommorow.”

“…..What do you mean?”

“Turns out I got an urgent business I have to take care of tommorow night, but the problem is I’ve promised a friend of mine about coming to her evening party.”

“...?”

“I’ll have you attend it in my place.”

“EHHHHH!? No way! Impossible, there’s no way!”

What was she even thinking!?

There’s no way I could join something like that!

“It’ll be fine! Anna will teach you on the basics of etiquette and speech tommorow morning so be prepared for that.”

“There’s no way I can attend something so important! Can’t Kanae attend it in your place?”

“I need Kanae to come with me. Gai and Cure are out of the question since they’ll be escorting me and Kanae. El is too young and Rurune is Rurune so it’s impossible.”

“Then.....”

“Not attending it is not an option. That’s why, please?”

No, even if you look at me with those puppy eyes, there’s no way I would accept!

There’s no way.....

......

“.....Fine.”

“Really? Yay! Thanks a lot Misa!”

Uuuu, you’re not being fair!

Ahhh geez, why am I so soft!?

This is Frillia’s problem so I shouldn’t be involved in this!

They ended up arguing a lot about the dress I’ll be wearing to the party after that.

“Master, dinner is ready.”

Thankfully, Anna came in and stopped the argument.

We went to the dining room.

The dining room was really big.

A chandelier is hanging above, giving a really elegant feel to the room.

We started eating the food Anna prepared for us.

It was quite delicious, I should ask Anna for the recipe when I get the chance.

Still, it doesn’t look like there’s any other maid in this mansion, only Anna.

Wouldn’t she have a big problem cleaning a mansion this big?

Not to mention there was no one to take care Frillia’s mansion back on earth too from when I last visited so I’m guessing that Anna’s taking care of that too.

El started tugging on my sleeves.

“What is it El?”

“Since Nee will be busy tommorow, can El take a look around town?”

“Ehhh? But we’re in Anaria so I’ll be worried if you’re.....”

“Muuu....”

“No, I don’t want you to run into any danger so I can’t allow it.”

I need to be firm here, I can’t just let El walks around on her own like that!

“Then, want me to set up an escort for El? I can get a knight to guard her while she look around.”

“Ehhh? But.....”

“Please?”

“....Fine then. But Frillia, get the best knight you can get to protect El.”

“I’ll arrange it later then. Kanae, get me a list of knights that’re off duty tommorow later.”

“Understood.”

I’m honestly still not convinced, but El had always been so obedient and rarely ever asked for something to me earnestly like that so I couldn’t just outright decline it.

“I would love to stay with you tommorow Misa but I’ll be training with Cure-sensei. Sorry.”

“It’s okay Ru. Good luck with the training. Tell me if Cure’s being too hard on you okay?”

“Okay!”

“Oh yea, that reminds me. Where’s Gai?”

“He’s not staying here. He has a small house in this world so he’s currently there.”

“Ahhh, that makes sense.”

“As for Cure, she’s been really busy today so she cannot join us.”

“Is she okay?”

“She’s the last person you have to worry about. It’s just there’s currently monster outbreak happening in various places so she’s just running all over the place. It’s what caused me to have an emergency business meeting tommorow night too.”

“That’s worrying....”

“It’ll be fine! Me and Cure will manage it somehow. No well, it’s not our problem in the first place but we got roped into it though.”

True enough, we’re not even from this world, and yet Frillia and Cure were doing so much.

“Well, don’t think about it too much. Both me and Cure are doing this out of our own will. We’ve come to love this world and the people in it, even more than earth if I have to be honest. You’ll probably understand what I meant after spending some time here.”

“Is that so.....”

Still, come to think of it.....

“Frillia, the curriculum stated that you can only cross over to this world, Anaria, when you’re a 2nd year right?”

“Hmmm? Yea, that’s right.”

“Then how come you, Kanae, Cure, and Gai are already so familliar with Anaria? You just became 2nd year right?”

“Ahhh that. Well, it’s a bit of a dark history….”

She paused for a bit as she had a conflicted look.

Was it something she can’t talk about?

Before I was able to voice out that its fine for her to stop there, she already continued.

“Our generation is a generation of test projects basically. What happened to us in our first year was what they used to build up curriculums of the current first year.”

“What do you mean?”

“....Quite a lot of students from our year died.”

“.....”

“There were no curriculums like you currently have. We were just thrown into Anaria without any info or help. The people here were also not as familliar with us like now. It was said that when Founder-sama first came here that was how he was thrown into this world, without anything and thought that we would be fine too. Of course that’s not the case.”

Her expression had gone dark.

“Thrown out into a forest without any information whatsoever, learning about the existence of magic and monsters. We all had to learn it the hard way, and not a lot survived.”

“Originally the first year of Cross World Project, that would be us, had 138 participants. The only ones who survived and made it into the current 2nd year are only 43 students.”

Kanae followed up on Frillia’s statement.

“Yea, Cross World Project was originally not made to be a school, but instead just throwing people from earth to Anaria. Founder-sama who found out about the tragedy started making everything that exist today, from this school itself to the VP system to the ID cards. Well, it’s way more convinient now.”

“I’m sorry for asking.....”

“No, don’t be. I reckon history class will probably touch on this subject sooner or later so we’re just telling you in advance. The Cross World Project now has been built so that there won’t be any more unneccesary deaths, that’s why the rule about only being given permission to cross to Anaria on the 2nd year exists. On your 1st year you’ll be hammered on what you need to survive in this world. We 2nd year honestly don’t even need to attend any of the classes since what’s being taught is what we had experienced ourself first hand, but we do appreciate the chance to live off a highschool life, as abnormal as it is. That’s honestly why most of us attend classes really.”

I felt bad for asking about it.

We continued our meal in silence and once we’re done, we’re escorted back to our room.

I went out to the balcony to get some fresh air and sorted out my thoughts.

.....

I can’t even imagine how it must’ve been like for Frillia and everyone that’s currently on the 2nd year.

Thrown into an unfamiliar world with no direction whatsoever.

That would explain why Frillia and the others were so familiar with the people of this world.

I could only stare at the moon in silence, imagining what it must’ve been like for her and everyone on the 2nd year.

“You should really go to sleep. You have a busy day tommorow.”

Frillia was already standing behind me before I noticed.

How long had I been standing here?

Still, that didn’t matter.

Maybe because I was thinking about it so much, I ended up voicing the question in my mind.

“.....Frillia.”

“Hmmm?”

“Did you ever regret coming here?”

“Not a single moment.”

She answered almost immediately.

“Remember, those who came here in the first place, are those who’ve lost their place on earth. Those who had nowhere to go and no one to rely to, or even those that had already prepared to die. The fact that we were given a second chance to start a new life with everything about our past erased was a joyous thing. I don’t think any of us regretted coming here, those who’re still alive or even those who’ve passed away.”

“But….”

“Then let me reverse the question. Did you regret coming here Misa?”

I then thought about it for a bit, though the answer was obvious.

“.....No I don’t. Here, I can actually have a normal life with El, which is all I can ever ask for.”

“Then we’re the same. Though our begginings are very different, what brought us here is the same. Well, that’s enough of that. Again, you have a busy day tommorow so make sure you get a proper rest. Anna is quite strict you know? I have to remind her to not go overboard…..”

She patted me on the shoulder and left me, probably going back to her own room.

I did as she told and went to sleep, though the thoughts about Frillia and everyone on the 2nd year never left my mind until I lost consciousness.

57