Chapter 5 Li Tian Is Angry
743 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     Sara gets off the bus by the noodle shop looking around she sees her friend Bi sitting at a table on the patio she waves to her."Bi! " Holding the cylinder with the blueprints inside she hurries over, “Sorry the bus got stuck in traffic by 65th St. where there is all that construction.”

   “Don't worry I'm on my lunch break, so what did you want to meet me about anyway? You sounded annoyed on the phone.” Bi was surprised usually Sara can't meet for lunch.

    An old woman interrupts them carrying two bowls of steaming noodles, “You ordered the spicy noodles?”

   Bi smiles, “Thank you, I did.”

   She sets the two bowls down on the wooden table, “Anything else?”

   “Some water please.” The old woman frowns walking back to get two waters, today the patio is packed with people. Why didn't her stubborn  son call that good for nothing grandson of hers to come help.

   Sara glances around, “This noodle shop is getting really popular.”

   Bi slurps up her noodles, “I know since Li Group moved their company here a lot of the employees eat here. Stop gawking and eat before the noodles get soggy.”

   Sara laughs and picks up her chopsticks, “Isn't it strange we are the only two women here”

    “I heard the CEO of the Li Group only hires men.”

    Bi's mouth is on fire the noodles are very spicy, her voice is hoarse, fanning her red face she says,“God I need water! Where is that old lady with the water?”

    “She must be busy they need more help that Grandma can't take care of this whole patio by herself. Have this bottle of water.” Sara takes one out of her bag handing it across the table curious about the CEO, “That's ridiculous how could he only hire men, isn't that discrimination?”

   “Maybe it is a rumor, but look around do you see any women here?”

   “What a wierdo!” That was her assessment after her dealings with him today but she didn't think he disliked all women she thought it was only her. Sara taps her chopsticks thinking about him, in a strange way she is relieved.

    “My boss is friends with him I see him at the office occasionally. He looks normal, actually he is unbelievably handsome even more so than my boss.”

    “That is some high praise coming from CEO Fang's number one fangirl!”

    Bi's face blushes,“Shut up!”

    Sara starts laughing her voice sounding melodious catching the attention of a man a few tables away. He would recognize that laugh anywhere he stands up from his table looking around. His friend says, “What are you doing Yuan?”

    “I will be right back.” He takes long strides winding through the crowded tables standing in front of Sara's table he says, “It is you! Long time no see Little Pest. What is with those glasses?”

   Bi stares up at the grinning man towering over them wondering who is he is while Sara smiles brightly, “Yuan!” She jumps up and hugs him tightly, “I thought you were in England.”

    He pats her affectionately on top of her head, “I got back a month ago, I tried to call you but you had changed numbers. I considered stopping by your parent's house but my mother told me you moved out after you graduated.”

    “How is Auntie?"

     "She is traveling in Europe with her new husband."

     "Well, as far as me moving out that is a long story I would need to tell you over quite a few drinks.. Here is my new number xxx-xxx-xxx. Do you work around here?” She notices Bi staring at them, “Oh sorry Huang Yuan this is my best friend Han Bi.”

    He playfully acts insulted, “Wait! I thought I had that position! I'm gone for a year and get replaced?” Yuan puts on a sad face and Sara laughs.

    Bi gazes over at the two of them. “I am a little jealous Sara has talked about you before but never mentioned you are so good looking.”

   “Good looking? Yuan?” Sara looks him up and down, “What is so good looking about this big idiot.”

   Yuan flicks her on the forehead then Sara holds her head, “Ouch! Dammit that hurt!”

   He  looks at his watch, “I have a meeting soon, I need to get back to work. Do you have time to meet for dinner later?”

   Sara scrunches up her nose she wants to catch up with him but needs to bake a cake later for an order. “I have to do some baking tonight but I'm free on Friday night if you want.”

    "You are still making those sweet cakes, no one has been poisoned yet?" He remembers her forcing him to taste each new inedible creation.

    "Shut up! I was just learning when I made you eat them. Yes! and I will have you know I have a thriving business people love them! {well half that statement is true.}

    “I need to go to a banquet in Pushong City Friday night, do you want to be my date?”

   “Sorry Yuan that sounds boring.”

    “Little Pest it will be like old times, remember how our parents would make us go together when we were in High School to all those stupid events.”

  “I recall you kicking me away as soon as you saw your crush Chen Hua.”

    Yuan starts laughing loudly attracting the attention of some of the people on the patio, “You still hold that against me?”

   Sara teases him, “That is only one of the memories of things I hold against you!”

   “Listen I will call you think about it. I'm not seeing anyone right now and I need a date. The food will be delicious!” He knows that as a foodie mentioning delicious food will peak her interest.

    Sara's eyes light up,” Right those fancy dinners always have the best food... Yuan I forgot you know all my weaknesses! I will consider it if you can't find anyone else to go with you but you will owe me one.”

    He hugs her again breathing in her unique scent leaning down in a low voice he says, “I missed you Little Pest. I will call.” He lets her go, “Don't let Sara bully you Han Bi, you can come to me if she does!”

   Sara pushes him away,“...” You were the bully, stupid boy! “Shut up and get to work before you get fired! And stop calling me that wierd nickname you gave me in Middle School ! "

   Huang Yuan weaves through crowded patio to his table motioning to the other two men at the table, “Let's go the meeting with CEO Li will start soon.” He glances back at Sara happy the executive lunchroom is being remodeled and he was hungry so walked across the street to this restaurant.

    The two men stand up wondering who the woman was that Director was talking to in such a familiar manner. Isn't he engaged to the young heiress of the  Guan family. Well it is none of their business.

     Huang Yuan enters the company when he reaches the 30th floor he walks down the hallway to the third conference room. “Tian my team will be here for the presentation shortly.” He leans back in his chair grinning picturing Sara's happy face when she saw him. She still has that sweet smile and silly personality.

   Li Tian notices his cousin's mood is very good when he saw him earlier he was sulking about having to go to Leng Enterprise's banquet on Friday. He walks over and kicks his chair startling Huang Yuan out of his thoughts, 'What the fuck Tian!”

  “Why do you have that ridiculous smile on your face?”

   “No particular reason I ran into an old friend at lunch. Did you get the blueprints yet from Zhou Group? It isn't like you to leave them behind.” He decides to poke his cousin's sore spot since he disturbed his good daydream.

   Li Tian acts as though he isn't irritated by the comment, “His assistant should be here soon with them.”

   “Why didn't you have an express delivery.”

   Li Tian has a faint smile on his face, “I had my reasons.”

  “Whatever, but won't it be awkward if they don't arrive before the meeting. The contractors you called to discuss costs should be arriving soon.”

   “Awkward? I'm the fucking CEO I will reschedule if she doesn't get here with them soon.”

   “She? A woman is delivering them?”

   “Yes, his assistant is a woman.”

   Sara looks at the time, “Shit! Bi I need to drop these blueprints off. Here is the money for lunch.”

  “I need to get back too, thanks for lunch but you didn't tell me why you wanted to meet.”

   “I will talk to you tonight.” Sara rushes down the sidewalk to the light luckily it just turned green and she runs across to the recently built tall building across the street. Looking up she sees the sign Li Group, wow this building is beautiful I wonder who designed it.

    Pushing the tall glass door open she marvels at the interior the building that houses the Zhou Group could be considered luxurious but this reception area is unbelievable. The floors are light gray natural stone, the furniture is pristine white leather and the stainless steel pillars are eye-catching. It is an open minimalist design with handmade large ceramic containers with exotic plants. 

     Sara stares at the modern design the huge windows are at an angle and surround the entire area. Sara barely hears the man at the desk talking to her, she turns around, “Sorry but I haven't seen such a unique design before.”

   The man has an abrupt manner, “Do you have an appointment?”

   “No, but..” He interrupts in a gruff voice he tells her, “Then you need to leave.”

   "I am from Zhou Group I have the blueprints your CEO forgot this morning at our office.”

   He thinks to himself did this little bitch just diss the Boss? “Let me check.” Sara stands there observing him while he makes a call, she has never seen a receptionist that looks like him he looks more like a body guard, muscular and with a frightening aura. After a few minutes a very tall thin man in a black designer suit appears “Follow me.”

  She trails behind him barely being able to keep up with his large strides, “Hey! Could you slow down?”

   He continues walking towards an elevator off to the side after the door opens they both enter the silence in the elevator is making Sara nervous.

      She can feel her palms getting sweaty wanting to drop these blue prints off and leave immediately. When the elevator arrives at the 30th floor Sara can't take the pressure from this man's aura while he continues walking several steps ahead of her she sees a man walking towards the same conference room she quickly shoves the blueprints at the man, “Here give these to your Boss I need to get back to work.” 

     Before he can react she turns and runs to the elevator pushing the button repeatedly. The door opens and she rushes inside leaning up against the wall. Oh my God! I don't know why I am so scared but I'm shivering. The dangerous vibes coming from these men are too suffocating.

     Sara has always been sensitive to people's auras her mother said it is because she was born during the Winter Solstice at exactly midnight.

    Yang James opens the door to the conference room and looks behind him where the hell did the girl go with the blueprints? He sees Zhan He holding the cylinder with a strange look on his face. “Some chick shoved these towards me then ran towards the elevator like she saw a fucking ghost.”

   Li Tian is standing at the window when he hears the door open he turns around expecting to see Song Sara instead he sees his assistant Yang James and the manager of the Acquisitions Department. His face darkens, “Where the hell is the little assistant from the Zhou Group? I told you to escort her here not take the blueprints from her you fucking idiot!”

   “Boss she was right behind me then Zhan He said the woman suddenly  shoved the blueprints at him and ran down the hallway to the elevator.”

   “Bring her back.”

   Yang James calls downstairs to the desk, “Stop the woman who is leaving ....the one who delivered the blueprints. Send her up to the Boss' office.”

   “She ran out the door a minute ago.”

   “Go grab her.”

    “...” I can't drag a girl back in here wouldn't that be suspicious? “Okay.” He hurries out the door looking for Sara. He doesn't know which direction she might have gone, he turns to the right to see her getting on the bus, running down the sidewalk the bus pulls out leaving before he reaches the bus stop.

    “Shit!” He walks back towards the building he calls Yang James, out of breath he stammers, “ Hey man... I tried but she got on the bus before I could get there.” Breathing heavily he bends over trying to catch his breath he hasn't had to chase anyone for awhile he mutters to himself, “Man I need to start working out.”

    Yang James looks over at Li Tian, Fuck! The CEO is going to be pissed! “Boss the slow ass punk at the front desk couldn't catch her.”

   Huang Yuan has been watching Li Tian wondering what is going on why did he want the woman to bring the blueprints. So what if Zhan He got them from her the meeting is about to start. He knows better than to say anything from the oppressive aura surrounding his cousin right now.

    Li Tian slams his hand down on his desk he had planned on punishing the little assistant it was her fault he forgot the fucking blueprints. “Get out! Cancel the meeting I'm leaving for the day.” He grabs his silver gray suit coat from the back of the chair and storms out of the room.

   After he leaves Zhan He says to Huang Yuan, “What the fuck is wrong with the Boss?”

   “How would I know? Hand me the blueprints I'll put them in my office until tomorrow's meeting.”

    Li Tian's bodyguards follow him to the underground garage he turns around, “I don't need you right now get lost.”

   “But Boss..”

   “I said beat it, I'll call you when I need you.”

     Instead of getting in the black SUV waiting for him he angrily strides over to a black Masarati, once inside the car he bangs his hand on the steering wheel, “Dare to slip away from me little girl... we will see how I punish you.” I told old man Zhou to have you personally deliver the blueprints and you had the nerve to push them off to the first person you see! Very unprofessional Miss Song! Good...very good don't blame me for being impolite then. Screeching out of the parking garage he heads to his villa he calls Zhou Mo, “CEO Zhou this is Li Tian I'm waiting for the blueprints and they haven't arrived. My meeting is about to start can I expect them soon?”

    “My assistant Song Sara hasn't arrived with them?”

    “I haven't seen her at my company.”

    “I will check and get back to you.”

   “Very well, unfortunately they are the original and the architect didn't make any copies to ensure the secrecy of the design. It's late now I will cancel the meeting until tomorrow, have her bring them to my villa.”

   “I apologize for the inconvenience.”

   “I should have had a courier send them over but I thought your assistant would be more efficient.”

   “...” What does he mean by that? “I'm calling her now.”

   Li Tian has a sinister smile as he disconnects the call.

   Sara sneezes, is someone talking about me? She smiles as she gets off the bus deciding since she has the rest of the afternoon off she will go to the little cafe by her apartment and work on her blog. The flowers surrounding the patio there makes her think of the garden at her grandmother's home. Surrounded by the tall buildings and the busy urban atmosphere by her apartment this cafe has a refreshing ambience.

    Sitting outside on the patio she opens Weibo on her Ipad and orders an Americano. Taking off her glasses she puts them in her purse when she notices a missed call. Damn, I must have my phone on vibrate. When she sees it is Zhou Mo's personal number she freaks out. Fumbling with the phone she calls him back. Was she supposed to call and let him know the blueprints were delivered?

   "CEO Zhou it is Song Sara I'm sorry I missed your call"

    When she hears what he says her face pales, "What!"

10