Chapter 7 Wang Xiaoming Part 2
509 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    When Sara puts the cake into the oven Bi walks out of the bedroom dressed to go out, “Sara I left an outfit for you to wear to the Club on my bed.” She can see by the look on Sara's face she is ready to refuse. “You have to wear it, this Club won't even let you in the front door if you wear one of your dresses! I am counting on you for moral support tonight!”

   Sara scrunches up her nose in protest,“If it looks anything like the barely there dress you are wearing the answer is a big NO!”

   Bi giggles as she straightens her body hugging red miniskirt, “Don't worry, the dress suits you, it isn't too revealing.”

   “If it is I'm not going.”

   Bi pouts as she hugs Sara bending down to lay her head on Sara's shoulder “You promised me and my Sara never goes back on a promise!”

   “Get off me...”

    Bi laughs spinning around on her 10cm heels, “Do you think Fang Yunxian will notice me?”

   “In that outfit there isn't a man alive who won't start drooling!”

   “There is only one man I want to drool over me..ha..ha..”

   “Get going! I need to work on my blog while my cake bakes.”

   “Ok, but don't forget wear the dress I set out it is the latest design from the famous Parisian designer Chloe, she is my icon!”

   After Bi leaves Sara sits on the couch with her legs crossed opening her laptop. She has sent her pictures from her phone so she can crop them, she never photoshops any of her pictures.

      She decides she will send the entire batch to Wang Xiaoming , she check marked the ones she would like to use including the tender shot of him and his mother.

    She thinks that picture captures the feeling of the cafe being a family business. It is intimate but not overly so and in the background one of the cooks can be seen with the a pan that has flames rising from it.

   Beginning the email Sara writes a short note with why she likes the chosen shots mentioning she actually liked them all it was hard to choose. Then attaches the pictures hoping he will get back to her by tomorrow. 

     Tonight she is going to read some followers comments and respond she hasn't had time in the last couple days. It was nice hearing from Wang Dongyu her review brought some customers to their restaurant. She is chuckling at her one followers comment about the picture of her and Bi with the cake this morning

   HungryBear [I want to eat that cake! Who is your beautiful friend?]

  SaraLovesSweets [You can order the cake from Sweet Dreams Bakery]

  HungryBear [ Can I order one of her?]

   SaraLovesSweets [ HungryBear aren't you in Middle School?]

   HungryBear [I'm tall for my age.]

  SaraLovesSweets[“...” Go do you homework.]

  HungryBear[ Saraaaaaa!]

  Wang Xiaoming has finished in the kitchen leaving the head cook to handle the rest of the night. He walks into his mothers office, “I'm leaving Mom should go home too. The night manager is reliable.”

  “ Don't worry, I am leaving after I look at the receipts from today.”

  Wang Xiaoming walks to his silver Bentley parked down the street. When he was first admitted to University before he decided to become a chef he was in the Business Program. His roommate was a little odd but they soon became friends after which he learned Lau Gen was a brilliant financial wizard. 

     He taught him how to read the stock market and what companies to invest in for the most return on his investment. In the past six years Wang Xiaoming has invested in several companies building a substantial portfolio.

  Wang Xiaoming drives to his luxury apartment overlooking the Catang River. Fang Yunxian is his neighbor and is in the elevator with him, “Wang Xiaoming a few of my friends and I are going to the Black Jade Club tonight do you want to go?”

   “Not tonight, I am having dinner with a friend of mine who is here from Paris.”

   “Bring him along.”

   “Not a he..and no.”

   They reach the top floor of the exclusive apartment building before Fang Yunxian walks away he says, “If you change your mind we will be in my private room.”

   Wang Xiaoming nods then puts in the password at his door. He has some time before he meets Claudette at the Heaven's Door Restaurant. After he changes into his house slippers he walks to the wine rack in the kitchen picking out a bottle of Chardonney he pours himself a glass and walks to the balcony.

     Wang Xiaoming has a complicated expression as he looks out at the magnificent skyline while drinking his wine. He grew up in Catang City in a small house with his mother and Uncle Gen. He knew someday he would make a name for himself, he wishes his Uncle was here to enjoy this magnificent view from this apartment with him.

    Finishing his glass of wine he goes inside pouring himself another glass, he sits on the leather couch stretching his legs out as he opens his laptop. He sees an email notification from SaraLovesSweets, haha..that's a cute name. He reads her short note then looks at the pictures, he sips his wine impressed she took such good pictures with that shitty phone of hers.

   He takes a long look at the pictures of him and his mother, the girl caught the moment his mother was telling him he needs a wife. The candid shots of them really touch his heart, he can't remember the last time they had their picture taken together.

      Song Sara seems has a natural talent for photography, all the pictures are in focus and capture the intense atmosphere as everyone does their job.

  After carefully reading the reasons she likes the pictures she chose he agrees with her but doesn't want the personal picture of him and his mother included. Actually no pictures of him. The selfie she took of herself and the head cook could be used. The girl is very beautiful in the selfie she has a breathtakingly bright smile and her blue eyes are sparkling, she has a pure quality to her expression.

   He decides before he sends his okay to check out her blog first. Surprisingly for such a small blog she has a lot of followers. He laughs when he reads her review of Heaven's Door Resaurant. Chef Phillipe would choke if he saw this. She is quite accurate in her description of his pretentious style and lack of originality. I will have to control my laughter when I see him tonight.

  Does she have a background in the restaurant business? No, I think Mom said she is a secretary at Zhou Group she writes this blog for fun. Sweet Dreams Bakery I have never heard of it but the cakes look amazing. He sees the picture that Sara took in the morning with Han Bi. He can't help grinning at the look on their faces and starts laughing when he reads the caption. Wait is the other girl the heiress of the Han Corporation Han Bi? They are friends ?  Why has he never seen Song Sara before ? 

      He laughs out loud when he reads the comment by HungryBear and Sara's response. Funny!

   Finishing his glass of wine he replies to Sara. I agree to the pictures you marked with the exception of the picture with my mother and myself. You could replace it with the selfie of you and Fu the head cook. I don't want you to reveal I am the chef at my mother's cafe.{He isn't going to give the reason.}

    I need to take a shower and get dressed to meet Claudette. He goes into the bathroom and gets into the hot shower he was at his mother's restaurant since early in the morning teaching Fu how to make the new items on the menu. Once he learns all the recipes and he makes the kitchen run more efficiently Wang Xiaoming plans on looking for his own restaurant space.

   He just wanted to help his mother when he returned to build her business because she won't accept his money. If he can help her restaurant become busier she can rest more and hire a day manager instead of running the cafe herself. 

     Washing his tall lean body he thinks about Song Sara, she could be a professional food critic if she wanted to be. Her observations in her blog were insightful and she was able to accurately assess the dishes taste and quality. Interesting girl ! 

   After he dries himself off he wraps the towel around himself and walks to his bedroom. He modeled for Dior while he was a student for extra money to use for his investments and he learned about fashion from the designers. 

     He has his own unique style. He chooses a black pinstripe tailored suit by Dolce and Gabbana with a black shirt. Looking in his watch collection he picks a Cartier watch with diamond accents. Once he is dressed he walks back to the living room he sees Song Sara has sent a reply. “Thank you for your quick response. I will upload those pictures I think my readers will enjoy a behind the scenes look at the cafe. Don't worry I will totally forget I even saw you at the cafe! Smiley face emoji. Song Sara.

   “...” what the hell did she mean by that last statement? He shakes his head what a strange girl. He leaves to meet Claudette at the restaurant still thinking about Sara. 

   Sara is excited Wang Xiaoming got back to her so quickly she didn't expect for him to look at her email tonight. After she takes the cake out of the oven she uploads the pictures and writes a post, when she finishes she goes to take a shower.

   Li Tian decides to go to his Black Jade Club several VIPs are having parties there tonight. When the Club is full of VIPs he finds it is the best time to conduct his business there. No police dare to come inside and disrupt the powerful people partying . So even if they get a tip or have any suspicions they won't barge in for fear of the consequences.

   He is about to get ready when his butler comes to the study, “Young Master you have a visitor a Mr. Chou.”

 “Tell him I will be right out.”

   That was quick well she is probably so boring there isn't much information on her to report. He saunters to the living room, “Give me the report.”

   Mr. Chou hands him the papers and is about to sit down when Li Tian says, “Okay, you can go.”

   "..."

   Song Sara, she is Song Yichen's daughter? I thought he only had that one imbecile of a daughter Song Ziyi.

   The little assistant graduated top of her class from A University with a degree in Business Administration. Why is she a lowly assistant? She is engaged to that playboy Tse Yibo . What the fuck! He starts laughing No fucking way! That uptight little idiot is entangled with Yibo...ha..ha..ha. 

    He continues reading the report she has a food blog called SaraLovesSweets...what a stupid name. I wonder what it looks like... he pulls up her blog on his phone when he sees the photos from the kitchen of the Plum Blossom Restaurant and her selfie with a young good looking  chef. She wasn't worried at all about being in trouble! Look at them smiling!

     He exudes a frigid demonic quality as he grabs his black coat heading out the door for the Club. After I take care of business I am going to fuck the hell out of the first bitch that catches my attention!

11