Chapter 15 Dinner
451 7 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   When they are by the elevator Yibo wonders what Bi wanted to say to him, “What's up, Bi?”

   “You are friend's with my boss, right?”

   “I guess, not close friends but we went to the same University and we have a business deal our companies are working on together. Why?” Shit I can't lose Bi to that asshole. I know she wanted to see him last night at the Club.

   “I want to find a way to get close to him, I think he is interested in me too.” He sounded agitated on the phone as though he was worried.{Yes he was agitated-Li Tian was shooting daggers at him with murderous looks while he was calling you.}

  Yibo lies, “I wouldn't get my hopes up Bi, I heard his family and the Shi family are about to announce the engagement of their daughter Lingling to Fang Yunxian.”

   What! I never heard about that! “How do you know that?”

   “My cousin Little Chen is friends with Lingling he told me.”

   Bi wrinkles her forehead, these elite families in Catang City and their damn arranged marriages, always standing in the way of true love! Why didn't I have daddy arrange a marriage with Fang Yunxian for me! “Are you sure?”

   “His information is usually reliable , he told me because I dated Lingling and he thought I would care.”

    “Break them up..tell Lingling it was a mistake you want her back! You want to marry her!"

   Yibo starts laughing, “Bi, did you forget I am engaged to Sara now?” And I don't want you to be with that boring idiot Yunxian. You deserve someone who will accept you..the real you...not the one you put on display for everyone... that person is me.

    Oh that's right! “Get all the information from Little Chen you can get I'm counting on you." The elevator opens and Bi pushes Yibo,  "Go...Your father is waiting.”

   “...” Yibo trips into the elevator smiling at his deception, Bi when I get everything settled you will be Mrs. Tzu Yibo.

   Bi is walking back to Sara's room when a handsome tall man stops her, “Excuse me, are you Han Bi?”

   She gives him a look, he is dressed in a suit from Henri Couture's latest men's line at first she doesn't recognize him she is still thinking about what Yibo said.“Do I know you?” Then she realizes it is Li Tian.

       I will need to give Yang James a bonus, he even found out the floor she is on very quickly.

   “CEO Li?... is CEO Fang here?” She looks past him and doesn't see anyone but two men in black suits  who look like bodyguards. Of course not... why would he be here.

   Li Tian has a charming smile showing his perfect white teeth,You remember me?” He thinks she remembers him from when he was in High School.

   “I have seen you when you  met with CEO Fang on the Girard St. Project.”

   Li Tian takes a good look at her she is definitely the woman from last night but he doesn't recall meeting her before at Fang Group, of course he usually ignores his friend's secretaries. He keeps his expression calm, “Yes, you were a great deal of help as I recall.

   She wants to laugh, he said exactly four words to her that day, 'Bring me an Americano.'

   Thinking she might be more apt to talk to him if he reminds her of his friendship with her brother, he has a faint smile teasing her,“I thought you recognized me from when I was friends with your brother in High School.”

   Bi's face turns crimson red, oh my God he is my brother Chang's friend Tian..I never put it together! Wow..He looks quite handsome when he isn't scowling.

  “CEO Li...you are my brother's friend Tian?”

  “How is Chang I haven't heard from him since he moved to New York.”

   “ He is doing really well, he is in charge of our International Sales. He will be here tomorrow as a matter of fact, he is attending the LE banquet in place of my father.”

   “I am attending also I will look forward to catching up with him. Are you visiting someone? You aren't ill are you?

   Bi can hardly take her eyes off of him his smile is mesmerizing,“I'm visiting a friend of mine.”

   How am I going to ask if she was at my Club last night? While he is thinking he is surprised when she says, “ I have to compliment you on your renovations to your Club.” She wants to know who did the work her friend bought a warehouse to renovate into a club and she is one of the investors. “Do you mind if I ask what designer you used?”

  Fuck yeah! This is my perfect opportunity, the renovations were only finished two weeks ago. He casually asks, “You were at the Black Jade Club recently?”

   “Yes.” She sees Dr. Meng coming down the hall. “Excuse me that is my friend's doctor I want to ask him a couple questions.”

   Bi walks away before Li Tian can ask but he feels 99% sure now it was her last night. Black lines form on his forehead, Shit! I was so close! How am I going to continue questioning her? I can't stand here waiting that would make me look stupid. I can't interrupt that would make me look rude. He looks down the hallway where she is standing talking to a doctor. Fuck it!

   He motions to his bodyguards to come over to leave, at least he confirmed she is the woman, he will need to go to Yunxian's office in the morning. He is standing at the elevator waiting for it looking at his phone, Yang James sent him an email with Han Bi's information.

     Li Tian now doubts she is a handler for a prostitute she wouldn't be talking so casually about her brother and father with no expression of being angry if she was disinherited. Her outfit is  Chanel and the necklace she is wearing is a limited edition from Tiffany's.

   What was going on at that table with the exchange of money, who was the girl? Could it have been a friend of hers, if it was... he gulps when he thinks about the activities in his apartment and the fact the girl was a virgin.

   He slams his hand on the wall, this might be bad. It would be so much easier to trap the girl if she is a prostitute desperate for cash.

   Dr. Meng won't give Han Bi any information citing patient confidentiality, he tells her he  is going to examine Song Sara now and if she could come back in an hour to continue her visit. “Please tell Sara I will bring her some dinner and be back then, thank you Dr. Meng.”

   Bi sees Li Tian is waiting for the elevator well maybe I can find out the designer he used anyway. She hurries down the hallway right as the door is closing, “Wait!” The muscular bodyguard holds the door at Li Tian's order and Han Bi slips into the elevator.

   “Thanks. The doctor is going to examine my friend so I am going to get some dinner to bring her and come back.”

   Li Tian's dark eyes light up. Good...very good. “If this wouldn't be too forward of me to ask I was going to eat dinner by myself would you like to join me?”

   Did Li Tian the notorious woman hater just ask me to dinner? Did the sun rise in the west? Maybe he is smitten with my beauty...haha..or it is because he and Chang are friends and he remembers chubby Middle School me.

   He looks down at her she isn't going to refuse me is she? No... no woman can resist me.

    Bi considers his dinner invitation, she invested in her friend's club and wants to help her make it a success. “Do you want to go to the new Japanese place down the street? I don't want to go too far so I can return quickly to the hospital afterwards.”

   “I like Japanese, sounds good.”

   His bodyguard opens the door to the black Bentley. Li Tian drove to the hospital but he doesn't like women sitting in his passenger seat of his Masarati. When they get into the back seat Han Bi feels the atmosphere is cold and a little strange in the car but she has made her mind up to ask him a few questions about the renovations and Fang Yunxian if she can at dinner.

   When the arrive at the restaurant the Japanese woman at the door gulps when she sees Li Tian. “Do you have a reservation?”

   “No, but tell Kurisu, Li Tian is here.”

   The hostess looks at the incredibly handsome man, she has seen his picture but to see him in person he is even taller and more handsome. Han Bi standing next to him has a twisted smile on her face, why do women fawn all over this man he obviously hates women, look at his company not one woman...not one! Probably the only reason he is being nice to me is because of Chang.

   The hostess calls the owner who is back in the busy kitchen supervising the cooks. The restaurant is unusually hectic with a large group of business men in the banquet room and the chef is fighting with a server. When she hears Li Tian has come to her restaurant she immediately comes out to greet him.

   A tiny Japanese woman comes running out from the back of the restaurant, “CEO Li thank you for coming, follow me I have a private room for you with a nice view.”

   Han Bi follows along not saying anything they arrive at an elegantly decorated room on the third floor that overlooks the river. She sits down and Li Tian sits across from her, “Do you like sake?” Maybe if she drinks she will tell me everything I want to know.

   “I do.”

   The woman dressed in a Kimono pours them two cups then leaves closing the door behind her as she leaves.

   Han Bi nervously looks around the room suddenly wondering why she impulsively said yes to dinner. She can feel Li Tian's eyes drilling a hole through her with his intense gaze. “This restaurant is beautiful, I heard Zi designed the interior.”

   "He did.”

   Han Bi sips her sake , damn this is really uncomfortable, if we were out in the main section of the restaurant I wouldn't have to feel his oppressive aura. I'm starting to feel a little claustrophobic. I should give up on questioning him and get food to go, I can eat with Sara in her hospital room.

   “So you liked the new look of the Black Jade?'

   Han Bi breathes a sigh of relief, thank god he is starting a conversation, “I was impressed. It has a New York vibe, it reminds me of a Club my brother took me to when I visited him last summer.”

   “The man that designed it is from Los Angeles actually.”

   “Really? How did you find out about him?” And who is he?

   Li Tian pours Bi some more sake, “A woman I know works for him.” An obnoxious pretentious bitch but I do appreciate her connecting me with him. He only takes ten clients a year and I wanted him to design the new interior for me.

   “I hired a new DJ that is from Los Angeles also, he quite popular in America. When were you in my Club,  he only started a few days ago so you might not have seen him.”

   She is feeling the effects of the sake, "Luther, yeah he is awesome! Last night some colleagues of mine from work met there. My brother Chao gave me a VIP pass so I invited them and my roommate.”

   So the little kitten works for Yunxian. Why didn't I ask him to look at a list of his employees IDs dammit, now it is too late. Wait she seemed very friendly with the lttle thing more so than with a work colleague, could she be the roommate? 

     Who was the man... I still want to know why they were given money by him. That is what caused me to think she was a professional. My god...if it is her roommate she must be from an elite family too. It would be better is she was just a little office worker His face turns ashen thinking of how he tossed the girl all night. Well maybe this is better I will find her and take responsibility..I will dump Long An then ask the kitten to marry me. No I don't want to get married. Fuck! I just want her in my bed!

   Han Bi looks at the menu she should order and get back to the hospital, she glances up Li Tian doesn't look well.

   “Are you feeling alright CEO Li?”

   “I'm hungry I skipped lunch let's order.” He calls the server who is standing in the corner over, “Bring us another bottle of sake, “Miss Han do you have any special preferences?”

   “I like the octopus and any sushi, maybe some shark fin soup, whatever you want to order. I need to bring food back to the hospital for Sara so I will order that before we leave.”

   Li Tian almost crushes the sake cup in his hand, it can't be..no fucking way...it can't be. Zhou Mo's assistant and the my kitten look nothing alike. Then he thinks about it if she took off those hideous glasses and let her hair down... “Your friend's name is Sara that is an unusual name for a Chinese girl”

 “I guess. I think her name is pretty... Song Sara...”

   Li Tian needs to confirm something, trying to control his emotions he says,“Will you excuse me for a minute Miss Han I need to make a phone call.”

  “Sure.” Han Bi gets her phone out to check her messages when he leaves.

   Li Tian calls Yang James who is enjoying his dinner date. Yang James sees who it is and wants to hit ignore but then again he doesn't want to be transferred to Africa. I got him the information with lightening speed what does he fucking want now?

     “You need to get to Tzu's Private Hospital there is a patient on the fourth floor named Song Sara find out why she was admitted and get a picture of her send it to me immediately.”

   “What?”

   “You heard me do it now.”

   Why do I work for that lunatic? Yang James looks at the beautiful woman across from him, “I have an emergency at work. I'm sorry, I will have my driver will take you home.” He pays the check and they leave the restaurant, he tells his driver to take her home. She glares at him as she gets into the backseat of the Maybach. He frowns watching the car leave, Well, I doubt she will go out with me again. He calls a taxi and heads over to the hospital.

   Dr. Meng is in room with Sara, "How is your body feeling.”

   Sara sits up in the bed, “Better, still sore but better, my headache isn't as bad as it was earlier.”

  “I brought you the ointment we discussed earlier, I think once you apply it you should feel some relief.”

   Sara lowers her head she can feel her face heating up from embarrassment she can't think of anything to say her mind is muddled. When he first walked into the room she was in a daze thinking he looked like a handsome young doctor in a drama. But no Sara this isn't a drama and you aren't the beautiful patient he falls in love with. You are a pathetic loser that let a man take full advantage of you because you were wasted last night.

   Meng Jian gazes at her and feels his heart skip a beat, I will pretend I don't notice her shy expression but how could I not she looks so adorable. Ever since I examined her fragile body I have been thinking about her, the way she tried to act brave at first then came apart crying in my arms,her beautiful face tear stained with her cheeks flushed red. She is like a delicate broken doll. He sets the ointment  on the nightstand, then he looks at her chart and it doesn't say she has had dinner. “Did you eat?”

   “Han Bi is bringing me dinner from a Japanese Restaurant when she comes back.”

   “Make sure the food isn't spicy and avoid raw fish.”

   “I will.”

   He leans down and takes her wrist to feel her pulse, then uses his stethoscope to check her heart. Sara can feel his strong hand gently holding her wrist, my God he is so damn handsome and he smells so good. His long eyelashes are covering his eyes and his face has a serious expression which is really sexy. Every nurse and female patient in this hospital must have a crush on him!

   “Your heart rate is accelerated, are you still feeling anxious about what happened? I will give you some medicine in your IV to calm your nerves.” He walks around to the other side of the bed and puts some medicine to sedate her in the IV drip. She has dark circles around her eyes, she needs a good night's rest to recover, this should help her sleep soundly.

   At the Japanese restaurant Li Tian finishes talking to Yang James and comes back into the private room. Han Bi puts down her phone she was looking at the latest celebrity gossip, that wench Xue Linxue is still chasing my brother Kang Jin, what a joke.

   After Li Tian sits down the food arrives, he pours another cup of sake for Han Bi, she doesn't want to be rude but she is feeling a little tipsy from the rice wine. Maybe if I eat …

   She uses her chopsticks to put some crab sushi onto her plate.“All the dishes look delicious no wonder this restaurant is so popular.”

   Li Tian stares at her it is hard to believe this poised and elegant woman is the same little girl that used to follow them around. I wonder how she knows Song Sara?

    

   

 

 

 

11