Prologue: A New Life, Again
1.5k 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When he regained consciousness, the first thing he noticed, was the cold. It was like he just stepped out of a warm bath, a viscous liquid coated his body. The warmth contained in the liquid quickly fading, but just when it was becoming uncomfortable, he felt a large tongue lick him, similar to when a dog he knew would. However, this tongue was obviously trying to clean him of the liquid on him. When it was done, he was shifted next to a large warm fleshy wall, his mouth was pressed to a warm bud. As if second nature to him, his mouth opened up, and began to suckle on what was very obviously a tit. Guzzling warm milk, he began to recenter his mind and was able to think coherent thoughts again.

‘Yes! I was right!’

Daron was elated! After all, he had made a gamble and it had paid off! In his first life, Daron was a nerd and enjoyed pretty much anything fantasy, D&D especially. And so after he died an early death and found himself in a fantasy world, he was delighted! Born a half-elf in his second life, he faced persecution from elves and humans. however he hadn’t cared, after all, he wasn’t the most social in the first place so he was much more interested in the world around him.

He decided to become an adventurer, one of the only professions/organizations that didn’t discriminate by race and explored the world. He lived his newfound life to the fullest, traveling from nation to nation, and seeing sights most would never see! He even went into the demon kingdom, as an envoy of the adventurer’s guild. But on his travels, his biggest priority was gathering knowledge of everything he could get his hands on, from magic to martial arts, from alchemy to blacksmithing. Due to that, his skills covered a wide but shallow net and had gained him many friends. After all, people felt closer to those who share their interests, but not as much people who were better than them at it.

However, he had a reason he focused on info-gathering over anything else. Daron choose to bank on his reincarnation not being a fluke. His reasoning being, he reincarnated once and as far as he could tell, he didn’t do anything in his first life that would warrant a second chance. So he decided to take a gamble, and prepare for a possible third life. Not that his second life wasn’t enjoyable. the exact opposite, in fact sightseeing was immensely gratifying, he could still remember the overwhelming sense of serenity he felt when he saw the crystal falls or the adoration for nature he felt when he met Yggdrasil.

But now in a third life, he wanted to rise to the top! Why? Same reason he played so many MMORPGs in his last life. The process of gaining power was addictive! Many people believe that power is merely a tool to reach goals, but to him, it was a way of life.

He decided it was time to stop reminiscing and get back to the world around him. Daron had stopped suckling from the tit, feeling bloated from all the milk he drank. though he had forced himself to drink a little more than he probably should have, after all as a baby more milk equals more nutrients for a growing body.

Laying up against the large body of what was most likely his mother, he began to drift off to sleep, deciding that investigating the circumstances of this life could wait until he woke up again.

28