SS 2: Protagonist Mcgee
848 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi! I’m just your average everyday highschooler. I wake up, go to school, come home, do my homework, and go to sleep. Even the most unique thing about me is my love for games and novels. But even then, that’s not too uncommon these days.

If I’m so average why am I narrating? Well, that would be because of the situation I find myself in.

“Oh, Hero from another world! We hath called upon ye to help us in our darkest hour! In a year, the next Demon King will ascend to the throne, and humanity will be doomed. Please help us!”

One moment he was walking home from school now he was in a marble room, standing on top of a large alter. The altar was covered in a previously glowing, and now dimming, magic circle so complex it was hard to look at. Instead of the standard beautiful priestess or princess, the one kneeling before him was an elderly man. Drenched from head to toe with sweat, the old man was panting.

“OK...”

Haro’s brain was overloaded, so all he could say was that one word. The old man, however, seemed to have no problem rattling on and on.

“Excellent! This way this way! A grand feast must be held in your honor! Then you will be shown to your accommodations!-”

As he continued to talk Haro was too busy processing his situation to listen. He, an average high school, had been summoned to another world? It was a dream come true! But you never expect for one to actually happen, at least one like this.

*thump thump*

His heart was beating loudly in his chest. Elves, magic, and dragons! All of these must exist in this world! He wanted to see it all! To travel the world, kill the demon king, and settle down with a harem of gorgeous women. And it would all start now!

____________

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!”

“Why are you screaming ‘Hero’!”

Sarcastically taunting him was a grizzled man, wearing a robe that contrasted his large muscles. A sadistic smirk on his face he quickly circled around Haro and kicked him in the butt, knocking him up into the air. Haro was forced to land on his feet, shuttered from the inertia. But despite not even having the time to regain his balance, he forced himself to swiftly raise his sword.

*Clang*

A metallic sound resounded throughout the courtyard as the man’s large fists connected with the metal sword. However, not having a high enough Str, the sword was slammed against his chest, pushing him to the ground again.

Why was it like this? Just yesterday, he had been before a gathering of nobles and the royal family, the princess sending him a cute smile, eating his fill of delicious and drink. After though, he was introduced to this man, an Arch-Bishop of Taruk the god of war. Being told that he was going to learn the sword he was elated! After all, swords were just straight-up cool! In contrast, reality is often disappointing.

“Haro! Are you ok?”

Running over to him was the previously mentioned princess. With long bright pink hair and blue eyes, she was a standard fantasy princess.

“I’m fine… I think”

Groaning as he sat up, Haro accepted a towel the princess had brought him, using it to wipe the sweat covering his face. Now with her hands-free, she casted a spell, a bright white glow, covering her hands. His body started to hurt less, and some of the fatigue was lifted.

“Hey! Don’t heal him! It defeats the point of training!”

“How is this training! You’re just knocking him down over and over again!”

The princess, who seemed to be meek yesterday, was yelling at the monster of a man that was his instructor.

“Wow, princess! I didn’t know you know more about fighting than me! So tell this ignorant one, how would you build up his tolerance to pain? I mean, beating up in a safe location, even building his resistance to bludgeoning damage a bit is the best idea I could come up with, so what would you do?”

The man, Gurth, talked down to the princess, Annabelle, with large amounts of contempt. In response, her cheeks turned red as she repeatedly opened and closed her mouth, unable to muster up the words needed to respond. Mumbling under her breath.

“You don’t have to be this rough”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

Laughing his head off, Gurth’s face turned deadly serious.

Get out

Annabelle shrunk under his gaze and quickly entered a building, peeping out through a window shortly after.

“Now that the distraction is out of the way, let’s continue. However, since she healed you, we’ll have to start from the beginning, you don’t have any objections do you?”

Standing, Haro put up his sword in front of him and responded with.

“No”

“Well at least you have a bit of fire in you, let us see how long that lasts

______________

Climbing out of the large baths the palace had, still covered head to toe in bruises and a few cuts ‘n’ scrapes, Haro was guided to the room he would be taught magic in. Said room was brightly lit, a blackboard covered the entirety of one wall. The old man who he had first seen when he was summoned, Ordis, was the only occupant of the room when he entered.

Ordis, who he had found out was the court Mage, was his teacher. With a kid like joy, he quickly had Haro sit, before hastily talking about magic and mana. Honestly, most of this flew above his head. Not that it wasn’t interesting, but most of it sounded like nonsense, guess it’s a side effect of coming from a world without magic.

“And that is the leading theory of dungeons, known as the ‘Blingobloop Hypothesis’”

“Ordis, not to sound rude, but can you start from the basics? And a bit slower?”

Ordis blinked a few times at him as if he was the one lost. Then as if it suddenly dawned on him, his eyes opened wide.

“I’m so sorry! I just love magic so much that sometimes I forget not everyone has my level of knowledge! Ok... Ok… so to start at the beginning, Schools of magic are the systems of how we use mana. We do so by casting spells, shaping mana into forms that cause some change in the world.”

Haro felt this was a bit too basic, but didn’t say anything at risk of Ordis skipping over the real ‘basics’.

________

By the time class finished, Ordis had finally gotten to the ‘good part’, and Haro was almost tempted to ask Ordis to continue longer. However, his brain was fried and no telling how long Ordis would have kept him if he let him.

Having some free time Haro went to his room, intending to get a quick nap in. Unexpectedly he had a guest. It was Annabelle, who had not followed him to Ordis’ class, probably knowing better.

“Hello, princess-”

“You can call me Anne”

“Ah, ok. Hi Anne, so why are you in my room?”

Speaking with a bit less… tact then he would have liked, Haro sat down in a chair across from Anne, who was sitting at the small table in his rather large room. Noticing how tired he was, Anne chooses to comfort him, rather than getting offended.

“They really did a number on you, didn’t they? I came to comfort you! So how about it? Want a back massage?”

Putting up her arms in a ‘serious’ manner, she offered him. But Haro, regrettably, wasn’t in the mood for it.

“Sorry, I’m really tired, just want to take a nap right now.”

“Then how about I-”

Anne seemed like she was about to say something, yet she cut herself off, her face a bright pink, matching her hair.

“I-I-I’ll leave you t-t-to it then. Hehehehe”

After a bit of nervous laughter, she quickly made her escape, shutting the door behind her. Was she going to offer him a lap pillow?

No matter, he was tired so he dragged himself over to the large ornate bed, shuffling under the covers, the last thing he did before sleep consumed him was open his status window, probably his favorite thing about this new world.

Status

Name: Haro

Race: Human

Class: N/A

Titles: ‘Other Planar’

LV: 1

XP: 0/10

HP: 100/100

MP: 120/120

Def: 10

SP: 0

Str: 10

Vit: 10

Agi: 10

Int: 12

 

For those of you who have a problem with ‘Blingobloop’ the gnomes of the prestigious Blingobloop family would like to have some words with you, cutting words that is

12