Chapter 12.5: Adventurers
833 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
sorry still not feeling amazing, so only a half chapter today

 

"So it’s decided then?”

 

The slightly handsome man said. The man was wearing armor made of a mixture of leather and metal, with the majority being metal, an unassuming longsword and heater shield being strapped to his back.

 

“We’d have to be stupid to pass up such a juicy job”

 

The one who responded was a cute girl with short green hair. She wore a sensual tightfitting green robe, that looked more like a dress than a mage’s robes. With an almost comically large staff leaning on her chair, there was no mistaking it, she was a spell caster.

 

The other people sitting at one of the small wooden tables inside of the adventurer’s guild were, a man in pure white leather armor, with two daggers on each side of his hip, and a large bald man with a greatsword, wearing nothing over his chest, with the few cloaths/armor being furs.

 

They made up the usual combination of members in any adventurer’s party. A tank, a magic caster, an agility damage dealer, and a strength damage dealer. Sadly they lacked a healer, but demand for someone who could save your life in a pinch was higher than supply, especially for the last month. There had been a rise in the number of priests that had been drafted by the army, which had many people riled up that the next war against the demon kingdoms was about to happen.

 

Not that that mattered to his party, after all, as adventurers they were under no obligation to fight in any war they didn’t want to. And this part of the country was separated from the nearest demon kingdom by the great forest, what was its actual name? Guthura’s bane? It didn’t matter, the point was that any demons would have to treck through an absolutely massive forest, which wasn’t the best for armies.

 

But getting back on track, recently some goblin corpses had been found on a road leading to a nearby village, and after some scouting, it was confirmed that there was a nearby village had grown to a rather unusual size. It was all but certain that they were the cause of the recent disappearances in the area.

 

With the number of goblin classers spotted by the scouting team, it was graded as a D ranked quest. And their party, the ‘Winds of Change’, had decided to accept the quest. Partially out of embarrassment, and wanting to push this under the rug as fast as possible, the local government had raised the reward quite a bit, on the condition that this be taken care of by the end of the week.

 

Jerald looked over his party, more specifically Sera. While female adventurers weren’t rare, it was still about a 1:20 ratio, so they could be considered lucky to have one in their midst. But she also brought up troubles of her own. As would commonly happen when spending time with a beautiful woman like Sera, they all had developed feelings for her. As to avoid internal strife, the three men of the party had agreed not to make any moves on her, but considering how close her chair was next to Mikal’s (the man with the daggers), one of them had broken that agreement.

 

They would have to confront him about this, but that could wait until after this quest.

13