Chapter five: Sapphire Ambition
1.1k 4 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The large towering wall ahead of us gave an idea of how large the city was it was absolutely incredible but still it lacked in comparison to my guilds castle. I noticed there was no free Demi-human passage through the city, meaning no free Demi-humans were allowed. Only slaves. I noticed they checked hoods for ears and barrels for hiding places. The guards searched a cart that looked like it sold pickles. The driver panicked a little when they picked one of them by random. When they opened it, the guard shoved a sword into the barrel. Yep blood, looks like they found two elves. Such a pity.

 

“Valhala act remotely human,  they will freak out when they see us in casting an illusion spell”

 

“Fuck you I was human before I came here!”

 

“No its because your anti-magic barrier won’t let me cast it on you”

 

‘Hehe Oh right I forgot”

 

Moon goddess’ spell of illusion iil rack teh.”

 

“HOLD PLEASE!”

 

A young blonde soldier came up to the carriage, he was a good looking man, quite beautiful in fact. His skin was quite smooth. I think I'll take it later.

 

"Please I truly apologize for my rudeness, but even though you look like a noble I have to search your carriage it will only take a few minutes"

 

"No it's big deal honestly.. you are just doing your job"

 

God, he has no scars or blemishes.

 

"if I may just look inside right quick"

 

Seriously how does he keep his skin so perfect if he's a gate guard? Isn't he usually in the sun?

 

"Ok. looks like your good to go! It seems you guys aren't nobility from this area. May I ask your purpose for this visit?"

 

Maybe I should cast a preservation spell after I skin him?

 

"ah yes we came to talk to the Lord"

 

If I'm not correct it's a long process to tan hide… maybe I should just fry it in oil.

 

"Hold on for a second I'll talk to my Superior"

 

Wait... could I even eat it cooked?

 

After a while, the young soldier came back with a brawny tanned man who looked about forty. 

 

"May I ask your names? I'm afraid I can't just let you see the Lord if I don't know your names or your reason for your visit"

 

Ugh, this man is full of scars, his skins rough like a crocodile. Hmmm… he seems afflicted by a curse. I'll just remove that right quick…. There done. Be grateful plebian.

 

"Her highest authority the empress wishes to seek out contact with this countries affiliates and start trade between our countries"

 

That's a lie though. I'm just extremely hungry, we also don't have enough slaves to maintain our empire. There's no need to trade with a country that is extremely underdeveloped and has lesser technology. Plus I don't like disgusting humans. Am I becoming fascist?

 

"Royalty! I am terribly sorry we've been extremely rude to search a royals carriage! Young man the hell's wrong with you!? do you want to lose your head!?"

 

"but s-sir you told me…"

 

"who cares what I... ah! Do you see that emblem on the side? that's obviously not from the kingdom!"

 

What the hell are you yelling at my food for? That's my job! Only I can torment my prey. I'll just put a different curse on you instead.

 

I chanted one of the lesser curses from AOL [slow timed spell (goblin transformation)]

 

There perfect! In about four hours you'll turn into a goblin. I slowed it down first with [slow timed spell] then I chanted a timed spell that usually takes about five seconds to kick in. The spell is usually used in raids to hinder players by turning them into goblins and making them open to attacks wouldn't one-hit KO you. Goblins were one of the weakest races in the game. The spell would reduce the stats and equipment to that of a goblin. It was very annoying to players who had low levels. You could sweep a small base of low-level players by just spamming [goblin transformation].

We had a habit of taking out the low leveled players and their bases to prevent competition. We earned a lot of hate in the chat room. on top of that if they built another we would go and target them destroying them all over again. Even if they built another base far away from us we would go and destroy it just to be assholes. 

 

In the end, the guards let us pass without much more trouble. Meanwhile, I put a tracking beacon on the pretty Blondie so I could pay a sweet visit later.

 

___________________________

When we passed the gate there wasn't a town in sight. Evidently the town was built on the edge of an ocean bluff over-looking the ocean. There was a man-made road that had been built by drilling into the side of the cliff and cementing metal rods ever so meters, then they cross-sectioned them, filled them in with brick and clay, and enchanted the bridge with multiple spells to prevent (hide) all sorts of design flaws. To be honest it really is a wonder that such a disgusting flaw filled bridge could pass off safe and hold up as long as it has. 

 

The view of the town overlooking the ocean was something else entirely. It blew me away how gorgeous it was. Seems almost to hard to explain. The top of the town was built entirely on the roof of the bluff, the bluff curved inwards then as it got closer to sea level it curved out to sea in a C shape. The entire town encompassed the bluff. Waterfalls fell off the cliff into the town below, all of which had been controlled to flow into pools and canals down the side of the cliff. People waited on small docks in the pools while gondolas ferried people up the cliff in the canals. All the buildings were built in a mixture of Roman and Italian like texture. At the docks at the bottom docked several wooden galleons like those during the Renaissance era.

 

What was the most beautiful was the sea.

 

Crystal clear. Serene. Blue. Perfect.

 

On earth, we had exhausted our resources, and during WWIII several areas on earth became totally uninhabitable. Going to the ocean was like asking to get radiation poisoning. The US became the sole superpower, not because it was strong just because it's large military allowed it to continue to exist. No one won the war, but because of the war humanity turned towards the stars. Monarchy, empires, and federations were born out of the ashes of the almost annihilated scattered humanity. Yes, humanity survived and became stronger and more United as a result. 

 

This world was untouched by the wars of our world. Like a gem in a platinum box. I had to obtain it at all costs.

No matter how many I had to kill.

31