Chapter one: The Storm
3.1k 7 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Three years prior to the start of the Great War and execution of the king…

 

(Hey! I'm heading out! Make sure to close up the warehouse properly and lock it before leaving!)

 

(Aight!)

 

(I'll see you tomorrow at ten!)

 

I told my junior employee to lock up the clothes warehouse before he heads out for the evening. I grabbed my leather backpack and put the blueprints for the new apparel design inside. I picked up my keys and helmet and headed out the back door.

The brand new $60,000 motorcycle started up smoothly like a baby. 

 

The road to my apartment was crowded with cars so driving a car to work and home was a pain; a motorcycle is much better at avoiding traffic.

 

I dodged and weaved between vehicles, carefully making sure to avoid smashing into them.

 

I got home around seven. I didn't feel like having a home-cooked meal so I ordered some cheap Japanese from a restaurant down the street. I ordered chicken teriyaki and fried rice. After I was done, I headed to my computer, plugged in my VR headset and logged into my favorite game.

 

AOS Online an extremely popular virtual reality online game that-- despite the shelf age of 14 years-- has remained in the top ten VR games of its years.

 

My in-game name is Arielle Lon Vesibelt

I am an immortal vampire fox beast-kin.

My current stats are of follows

 

{Arielle Lon Vesibelt}

Race:

(Immortal Fox-kin Vampire)

Gender: Female

Titles: 

Demon Fear Lord of Sky Fortress

AOS Guild Champion

Guild Master

Charmer of the Masses

Pseudo-Succubus.

Weakling

 

(Hp: (120,789)

(Mp: (345,003)

(Strength: (10)

(Dexterity: (10)

(Defense: (10)

(Magic def: (56, 980)

(Intellect: (230,890)

(Charm: (170,999)

(Sneak): (76,023)

Evasion: (9,538)

 

Weaknesses: Light weak/ Holy weak

 

Passive Skills: Burn Immunity, Sun Immunity, Holy Resistance, Light Resistance, Water Resistance, Earth Resistance, Uncontrollable Charm, Succubus Curse, Dead Body, Immortality, Resurrection, Ageless Body, Weak Body.

 

Spell skills: Holy 10, Necromancy 10, Dark 10, Earth 6, Light 5, Love 10,

Cook 8, Death 10, Magic Archery 6.

 

Player quadruples all magic, intellect, and charm in exchange for [weak body]. Strength, defense, and dexterity are cut to the lowest level possible (succubus maiden’s curse equipment set)

 

Equipment

 

Stilettos of Maiden’s Allure (Cursed/transformable)

 

Crimson Robe of Maiden’s Darkness (cursed/transformable)

 

The staff of Maiden's Bane

(cursed)

 

Panties of Maiden’s Charm

 (cursed/transformable)

 

Bra of Maiden’s Charm 

(cursed/transformable)

 

Necklace of the Holy Maiden’s Skill

 (cursed)

 

Bracelet of Maiden’s Resurrection

 (cursed)

 

Tiara of the Maidens Wisdom

 (cursed)

 

When I logged in, a huge castle town came before me. It was the floating continent of the Luna Empire. I walked through the town filled with lively NPCs. The NPCs were programmed to act vaguely human. Of course, none of the NPCs were human. All of them were demi-human. The reason for that is that the Luna Empire was managed by a guild called the ‘Colem Of Bestias’. The guild consisted of 12 players (including myself).

We all hated human avatars as they were bland and boring. Some of us purposely made our avatars [Character Background Description] (Character Effect) hate humans altogether. The guild was divided on the opinion of what race was stronger, but in the end, all guild members had demi-human avatars. My friend from my college days plays the game as well. Her avatar is a High Arc Seraphim, it was commonly known as the strongest non-magic based race. It was good for tanking and dealing damage to bosses, however, it was terrible at using Magicka almost pathetically so.

 

I walked through the castle town observing the work that I and the guild members worked so hard on. The floating continent was the size of half of the city of Tokyo. The continent was very detailed from the efforts of each of the guild members.

It was a gifted reward to the winners of the AOS New Year 2650 grand tournament. 

We spent most of the money we made IRL working on it we improved it every day we logged on. Most of the money that went towards making the detail and function came from me. I was the owner of a multi-million dollar business specialized in manufacturing clothes for VIPs, actors, and musicians. I deposited millions into the guild bank. Needless to say, we are ridiculously rich. 

 

The guild castle was the most expensive to buy, it was an insane amount of money the castle was a limited event castle exclusive to long-time beta players. I offered to pay for it myself but the other guild members refused. We all pitched in one hundred dollars and ended up buying it together. Our guild worked hard to get to the point we are at today our coffers were filled to the brim with gold, it wasn't just gold; we had a multitude of every in-game and event items. We were considered to be the wealthiest guild in AOS. 

 

The floating continent was very detailed, it included the following:

 

A grand castle in the middle 

 

Towns to the North, Northeast, and South

 

Underground Dungeon 

 

Mountains to the South

 

Fortress to the Southeast

 

 A lake in the Far West

 

Farms near the center, Westward of the castle town 

 

A large city south of the grand castle

 

We spent ten years working to get this far, And we planned to go further we had lots of spawn items left. We could easily spawn more buildings and nature. The island was nowhere near finished, there was plenty of space still left on the island. 

 

We maxed out the number of NPCs we could place on the island, the max number of NPCs you could have on one base was two million. NPCs are generally free depending on how you get them. If you take over a rival base and eliminate the core, the NPCs and resources go to the winning faction. Dare to say we never have lost even once. There were a lot of people who hated us so we are constantly challenged to standoffs.

 

I walked through castle town while recollecting the battles we’ve fought. 

 

“We really have worked hard’ haven't we?”

 

I walked to the castle where my friends were waiting inside.

 

The doors swung open slowly making an almost natural sound a castle would make in a real fantasy world. I walked down a massive hallway that split into a multitude of smaller ones.

The hallway came to an end and another set or doors more regal than the others opened. The throne room came into view. The throne room was very bright from the precious metal known as Oirhimeite that was plated on the walls. Oirhimeite was a platinum blue metal that was used to make high-tier Magicka based defense armor. 

 

The castle walls outside were also plated with this metal

 

On the throne awaited my guildmates.

 

“Yo, the man in a woman's body graces us with his presence.” (Long Woo)

 

“Fuck off, a simple “Hi, nice to see you” would be nice” (Me)

 

“Come on bro I jest…” (Long Woo)

 

“Whatever...Anyway... What’s so important that we all gathered today?” (Me)

 

“Check your logout button.” (Long woo)

 

“Ok…?”

 

“It's there? It doesn't seem like there's anything wrong?”

 

“Try using it.”

 

I press the logout button and it floats up and disappears.

 

“Whoa!?” (me)

 

 “I know right?” (Eros)

 

“Did they get hacked...Wait... If that's the case, how long have you guys been logged on for?” (me)

 

“About two and a half days” (Valhala)

 

“Hasn’t anyone in your family noticed?”

 

“That’s the thing we’ve been waiting for someone to pull the cord but no one has!”

 

“I live in a suite alone” (me)

 

There something else I noticed when I tried to pull up the assistance menu the option to contact the admin was gone. if that was the case I would be late for tomorrow's meeting.it takes two days for the system to force logout and the presentation for the wedding dress for my paying client would be late.  

 

I started to freak out a little but I thought it was no big deal the VR set would probably force logout at some point in time. However, my friends have been stuck in-game for more than two days

 

“We’re all working people how are we going to get to work?” (Amalot)

 

“That’s the least of our problems the system has been hacked and we can’t logout!” 

 

“Hey anyone else notices the storm approaching our direction?”(Carnage collector)

 

“What do you mean storm there's no weather in…” (Xihe)

 

“What the fuck!”

 

A large storm was enveloping the island. The storm looked like an insidious white and black void with lightning clashing from within. The cloud tumbled around the mountains and enveloped the city the building was wrapped in an ominous blanket. As the storm got closer the sky grew black, then the insidious blanket fell upon us as to wrap us in its doom. The castle went dark and, my conscious went dark.

 

57