chapter two: Lost friends, and a garbled diary.
2.3k 2 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sun filtered through my eyelids, a sensation of a blanket could be felt draped across my body. However, I didn't feel the warmth of the blanket. I let out a yawn and opened my eyes. The room was familiar however, the room I was in wasn’t what I was used to waking up in. 

“Eh?...eh… ehhhh!?”

 

A door opened and a character that doesn’t usually greet me in the morning came in.

(Oh! My lady you're up thank God you have been out for 73000 days!)

 

The maid who rushed to the left side of my bed greeted me while giving an excited expression. This was odd, very odd. The maid before me was none other than the NPC Estellia. Created by yours truly. 

 

Inner me: {eh?…}

 

(A...ah yeah… I’m awake, Estellia…)

 

Inner me:{What?…}

 

Estellia was a fox-kin NPC I created when I was fifteen, she was the first vanguard NPC I created an also the first NPC. She had no difference from normal Fox-kin, her racial abilities were higher than most but nothing special. But her character effect was my greatest creation. Her backstory was long and tedious, but detailed none the least. 

___________________

Estellia Greastera Ponte

 

Race: Fox-kin

 

Jobs: Hero, Battle Maid, Dark Hero.

 

Stats 

 

(Attack (78,600)

(Defense (85,060)

(Dexterity (23,100)

(Intellect (59,000)

(Charm (67'000)

(Evasion (23,000)

 

Abilities: 

Hero Arts, Dark Hero Arts, princess guardsmen

 

Magic abilities: light, dark, sacred magic, insidious incantation, phoenix magic, beast's transformation. 

__________

I was a little freaked out. No, I was really freaked out. That is to say, a doll in your room gets up and starts walking and talking telling you it wants breakfast what do you do? You immediately throw the bastard off the bed and smash it to pieces.

 

Of course, I can't do that in this situation.

 

So I play it off normal.

 

(What's the situation Estellia?)

 

There are currently twelve of the great gods that awoke including you. The rest are unaccounted for.

 

( What do you mean by unaccounted for?)

 

(It is as I have said, there are five of the great gods are missing)

 

(How long have I been asleep?)

 

(73000 days)

 

Say what now? 

 

(I must be mistaken…did you just say I have been asleep for two hundred years?)

 

(Yes that is correct)

 

My a powerful migraine went through my head I reflexively grabbed my head. 

 

(Milady are you alright!?)

 

 (How many NPCs are currently in the castle?) 

 

(Well your majesty if you count the Royal guards, the maids, butlers, cooks, court mages, and the slaves there are around 1,600)

 

A word hit me like a brick

 

 slaves?

 

We didn't have slaves they weren't in the game. Why were there slaves in the imperial castle? Something's off this definitely isn't normal. No this is a different level of weird. The NPC in front of me is self-conscious and casually talking about having slaves in the castle.

 

(Estellia can I ask you a question?)

 

(Eh...of...of course I live to serve the great gods there is no need to ask permission.)

 

She bowed down 90 degrees while blushing. if I was a normal l person in a cliche light novel I would immediately freak out and tell them to raise their head but I'm not normal and I am already busy freaked out about other stuff

 

(Estellia where did the slaves come from?)

 

(The continent below the sacred grounds of coarse)

 

(After all, it's basic knowledge to the seven great gods right?)

 

(yeah... basic(smiles) thank you Estella)

 

 I tossed away my covers and noticed I was in a nightgown, this was odd because you had to go through the menu to change gear. Did someone change me? I could feel bodily functions that weren't native to the for example hunger, stimulus, touch, smell, I could also feel the functions of my inner body. I took a look under my nightgown. Naked. Yep, it's not there what replaced it was a barren valley free of Forestry. the game they didn't have the space to input those things. the game was big and very vast, money would be pressed for the developers if they added more details then they can handle. In other words, this was different. I was a huge GOT (g*me of thr*nes) and a huge isekai anime fan. There were novels written that started like this as well. I wasn't just going to leave that theory out, secretly, that's what I was hoping for.

 

While I sat on the edge of the bed, I realized that I had shrunk down several centimeters I was baffled as to why that happened. Despite my different height, I had kept the rest of my features. My character was now about 132 cm, my bust was the same size as it was in-game. My red hair stayed the same length it now ran to the middle of my back. This made my character disproportionate from the height. The good thing was there were no deformities that looked ugly. There was also something that was not in the game that was now there. In AOS Online your character could not strip totally naked, this had also been changed. Proven by the fact that I'm naked and I can see it, the female goods were there.

“Estellia?”

 

“Yes, milady?”

 

“Where are the others?”

 

“The other seven gods woke up ten minutes ago separately. It seems you're the last to awaken.”

 

“It seems you were unresponsive when they tried to wake you up earlier.”  

 

“I...is that so…”

 

“We should get you dressed I already let the others know you are awake’

 

“Thank you I will get dressed immediately”

 

“I think not! A princess does not dress herself!”

 

“Ah...oh, right I forgot…”

 

It seems that she thinks of me like a princess.

 

She called out to the hallway and three minutes later four maids came in. I pondered over the questions in my mind that were making me wonder if this was indeed real. The tech company who made the game did indeed put NPCs that had their own personality. However, there was a limit on how far the AOS producers would go. At one point a VR game came out and the game was ultra-realistic to where it was hard to tell the difference. That game got shut down because people started dying from exhaustion and dehydration from not logging out. People started thinking the NPCs were real and started marrying and spending more time in-game to be with the NPC. People would get fired or kids would avoid school to log in. It even got to the point where some people couldn’t tell the difference and just died. People were found in their apartments rotting away or kids would end up in the hospital from dehydration.

 

 AOS was a Health friendly game it would log you out forcefully after a certain amount of time. It checked your vitals and made sure you were healthy. They made sure to make the game different from reality by toning down the realism. 

 

That is why the situation in front of  mind boggles me. The touch, smell and individualism were too lifelike to be an AOS Npc. They talk without being spoken to, react with emotions, and felt alive.

 

And then there's that ... their pulse.

 

Yes, I could see the blood pumping in their veins. This really freaked me out, I felt the pumping as if to sync every beat in my mind.  

 

Then it hit me … the lust of blood.

 

I was so hungry…so very hungry.

 

Estellia looked at my expression and blinked, then she looked like she was mulling over a thought.

 

“Are you hungry, miss?”

 

“Please…blood…need…”

 

I dipped my head down in shame and embarrassment.

 

Estellia seeing my reaction bowed.

 

“Of course that's only natural after a long nap my lady. After all, you are a vampire.”

 

“she snapped her fingers and a guard opened the door and was holding a small girl by the arm, she looked no older than eight. He threw her down in front of me. She tumbled and fell over on her side. She looked up to me in fear. She was wearing a sack shirt with a sack skirt. The skirt was tied up around her waist. She smelled good, sweet smell like a ripe cherry. My instincts told me were a virgin.

 

She was sobbing. Pooled on the carpet was a wet yellow stain. Her sobs for some reason made joy pop up in my heart.

 

"Auooo...sniff…"

 

I knelt down and stroked her hair

 

"Nooo… P...Please let me go…" 

 

I couldn’t stop myself it was already too late, I was too hungry. I buried my face in her neck. the arteries pulsed blood underneath. My teeth turned into syringes. The girl's fear was now at its peak she shivered as I sank my teeth into the carotid artery. As I sucked the blood, the taste ran down like a sweet cherry. The girl's face turned pale.. her eyes turned up but, before she could die I stopped. My instincts told me I needed her for some reason. Letting her go after thoroughly licking her wound she fell to the floor. Blood ran from my mouth down my chin. Estellia took out a handkerchief and wiped my mouth like a child after a messy meal. 

 

The girl was silent then with a sudden jerk, she woke up and backed into a corner.  she started screaming as if she was in immense pain. Her bones under her skin started cracking, breaking. Her flesh resounded terrible noises through the room. She arched her back grinding her teeth in pain. Skin parted from her back and wings came out, the flesh dissolved from the wound then repaired itself. A black tail with a spade sprouted from her buttocks. She spasmed and then fell to her side. Sleeping sounds could be heard under her breath her canines could be seen just over her lips. My instincts told me she was a newborn succubus vampire.

 

The maids dressed me in a white Gothic Lolita princess dress, it was cute and it showed a silver in the when in the light. I was a guy IRL but I didn’t care so much as that. I dressed as a girl before. I was always a little girlish on the inside so I didn’t care much, however, I was disappointed that I lost a set of parts. The trade was good so that was ok, so long as I’m not a goblin I’m fine with it. 

 

The newborn was taken away to rest in the dungeon, Estellia wanted to be careful to not let her go wild and attack anyone, well not that it matters much. On the Floating Continent, every Npc and player was over Level seventy, she’d be crushed before they could go near anyone. When I asked Estellia where they got her said that the others would explain that once we were at the throne room. I was curious and needed answers to my many questions. The others probably know a lot already, so I can wait. 

 

I was accompanied by seven maids while being guided down the castle hallway. The castle was quite large about four times bigger than the England Queen's palace, it was also much taller. We had to go through many floors and hallways to get to the main dining room. I'm kinda peeved that we didn't think to make a lift, it would make walking in these glass slippers easier. There were maids cleaning the hallways, dusting, sweeping, mopping, and putting out flowers in vases. The guards saluted as I walked by.

 

{this isn’t half bad…I could get used to this}

 

Even though I was wealthy in my past life this was pretty damn good. This kind of treatment could go to someone's head quite quick. 

 

We finally got to a set of double doors that lead directly into the dining room. When they opened the doors a large room with a view high ceiling came into view. There was a large table that had a fantastic feast displayed on it. There were four other Demi-humans players currently waiting. All of them turned and looked at me. There was a look of worry and confusion on their faces. However, none of them came over to me.

 

Estellia pulled out a chair and I sat down... or tried to my height hindered my ability to get in the chair so Estellia picked me up and put me in the chair.

 

The table was quiet..but who could blame them. We as players were hit by a weird storm, transferred to a different world and now had NPC's worshiping us as gods.

 

Valhala: (So where are we?) Valhala who asked that looked panicked.

 

phodro: (Beats me if it's one of those things you see on TV then we're stuck) 

 

Me: (Do we know anything about what's going on outside the floating continent?)

 

Eros: (I was curious since I went in looked it's pretty bad…)

 

Me: (so where are we?)

 

Eros:( in Japan they have what they call ((Isekai), other world transfer)  it's a situation where the main character gets transferred to a different world)

 

Valhala: (in other words…)

 

Me: (we're not in Kansas anymore…)

 

Toki: ( I want to get back home to Akihabara…)

 

Xihe: (For now eat, let's talk about later, not eating is going to make us even more stressed!)

 

Toki: (After all we haven't eaten anything in 200 years!)

 

Eros (You honestly don't believe that right?)

 

Valhala (About that there's something you guys should see…)

 

Valhala pulls out a recording crystal and puts it on the table. 

 

Toki: (What's that?)

 

Eros: (It's a recording crystal idiot)

 

Toki: (I know that!)

 

Valhala: (Just shut up and watch!)

 

She played the recording an image of multiple words written in a different language came into view. 

 

Toki: (Wa...what is that!?)

 

Me: (What language it's it!?)

 

Valhala: “it's Qui-Gon's diary it appears that the others woke up 200 years before us, I used the translate skill to read it. It's contents make no sense and are garbled at times but I can read a portion of it.”

They too had woken up, puzzled and confused but they were in the dungeon ninety-nine levels below the surface. it explained that they saw us lying on the floor of the castle and tried everything to wake us, but was unable no matter how they tried. the diary had more details but the crystal had been corrupted due to age.

The room went silent.

 

What happened to them? why did they disappear? why is his diary here? Why couldn't we wake up? What happened to them and us while we were unconscious?

 

These questions flooded my mind.

 

One thing did come to mind though... and it scared me.

 

Inside me, I felt pure fear, revenge, and hatred deep in my heart. the thing that surprised me most to that it was directed towards Qui-gon's himself.

 

The NPCs faces behind me face distorted in pure hatred.

 

What was going on!?

 

Why is this happening!?

 

I had a thousand questions in my mind but with no answers.

we settled down and started eating

 

After my third plate was finished I felt the strong urge to throw up. I couldn't hold it and I fell off the chair and it went everywhere. I spasmed and threw up again until my stomach was empty. After that my hunger increased till it hurt.

 

Valhala: “Dear god Arielle! Are you ok!”

 

Estellia: “Her body couldn't  handle the meal”

 

Me: (weak) what...

 

Valhala: “Estellia what do you mean?”

 

Estellia: “It's because milady is a vampire”

 

Toki: “she needs blood…”

 

Me: what..no... no... please… I'm good, I don't need to...

 

phodro: “we don't have any way to her give blood”

 

Me: guys like I said I'm good… blood is just kinda...

 

Valhala: “actually we do...”

 

Me: oh god no...please don’t cut yourself… mmm, that smell… have you been eating asparagus...

 

Valhala pulls out a dagger and slits her hand. She holds it up to my mouth and forces me to drink. I take it and start drinking it instinctively. It tasted way better than food. When I got full Toki used to heal and regeneration on Valhala who lost a lot of blood. 

 

Everyone lost their appetites due to that fiasco. 

 

A couple of days after the whole incident Valhala came down with a cold. This was odd because we had only been here for three days. We didn't check her status for a couple of days after she got sick when we did she was infected with vampirism stage two. This was a new affliction to us since it was not in the game. We came up with a cure using alchemy, holy cure spells seemed to make her writhe in pain. It was deemed later that my saliva contained a curse that when came into contact with an open wound would infect the person with vampirism. It would affect the person in three stages. It takes roughly four days to work. Healing spells and light spells will hurt the host's body. NPCs started donating blood to make sure no one got Infected. Luckily there were no other vampires among the NPCs. 

50