Chapter three: city visit
1.8k 3 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up the next morning groggy and tired, Moonlight filtered through the window. I wondered why I wasn't tired, it felt as if I woke up bright and early ready to go. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, the room was bright as the morning sun filtered in.

 

"Yevelle?"

 

"Mmmnn...uaaahhhn...huh...huh?"

 

In the corner of the room sat one of my other NPC maids Yevelle. She yawned and got freaked out when she saw me awake.

 

"My lady, you're awake?"

 

"Ah yes I am.."

 

She walked over to the bedroom door and knocked on it, a guard must have been on the other side as there were footsteps behind the door  After that, she walked over sat on a stool at the edge of the bed. I got up and shifted out of bed. Yevelle undressed me picked me up like a kid and put me in a washbasin she washed my body, hair, and face. after three maids came in and dressed me they braided my hair and put a tiara on my head.

 

"Excuse it is me the head maid Estellia."

 

"Come in" (me)

 

Estellia opened the door and walked in, the door remained opened and a guard came in along with a woman in chains. 

 

She was shaking terrified. A wafting smell came from her a slight unique sent almost like a creamed milk smell. 

 

{Ah that's it...she's pregnant?}

 

I looked to her lower half, It indeed had a slight bulge. A deep primordial hunger could be felt within my belly. My teeth sharpened and overlapped my lower lip. I got off the bed and ran over to the human woman. She screamed in terror. I stopped for a second before pouncing. I knew it was against my better judgment, but to live and eat I needed raw flesh or blood. 

 

Part of me hesitant but I continued.

 

The woman fell to her knees and backed up as far as possible. Her chains prevented her from going too far. 

 

When I observed her I felt like if I ate her womb the child within would taste amazing. But I wanted to play with my food for some reason

 

"All beings leave the room other than the insect and me"

 

I was surprised by my words but only for a moment.

 

"""Of course.""'"

 

Everyone replied and obeyed my order.

 

When the door closed I turned and focused my attention on the women

 

"Please don't kill me, I have a child inside me…"

 

"I won't kill you be relieved," I said in a childish and sweet manner.

 

She relaxed a little but held her stomach to protect her unborn.

 

"I still want a taste though"

 

She tensed up and backed away. I wouldn't let her through and cast [stop movement] spell. With that, she could go anywhere for three minutes.

 

I crawled up to her and laid my head sideways on her stomach. A warm feeling came over my body I could hear movement and a heartbeat within. I lifted up the sackcloth shirt and licked her stomach. 

 

In my vision, I could sense through her womb and see the umbilical cord and where the fetus's head was. her blood carried nutrition to the child and cycled back out through the umbilical cord. 

I felt I could adjust my fangs long enough to reach the fetus and drink the blood of both the fetus and the mother. 

 

I crawled onto her stomach and kissed it. My fangs lengthened and I Pierced her stomach and into her womb. She squealed in pain and screamed. The blood already flowed through my fangs and into my mouth. I reached the umbilical cord and Pierced it a taste indescribable flowed into my mouth. I kept drinking till I had my fill I withdrew my fangs and wiped my saliva and her blood from my mouth. 

 

"Sob...uuuu...noooooo...my baby…"

 

"Don't worry I didn't kill it, but I'm afraid it probably won't be born human"

 

She put her face in her hands and sobbed heavily.

 

"Ah right in about three minutes you might go through massive pai…"

 

"Kyaaaaaaaaa...gahhhh...waaaaa"

 

She twisted her body in pain her bones crunched and her flesh squelched.  like the small child before her, her body began to transform. Wings sprouted from her shoulder blades with a sickening explosion of blood. A spade tail sprouted from her buttox and fangs protruded from her mouth. Her body finished and began automatically healing. She remained unconscious and slept deeply.

I roamed the castle while the NPCs locked the newly born vampire up in the dungeon. 

If she was allowed to roam free she would likely try to attack others. They locked her up with another slave to sate her hunger when she woke up. She would most likely tear into the victim to eat their innards the last one did so we made an assumption she would do the same.

 

Sure enough, she tore into a young boy's stomach and ate all of his internal organs, she then began eating the muscle off his legs before getting full.

 

When she was calm enough to become rational to converse. I headed to the dungeon with my ladies-in-waiting. The part of the dungeon where they kept the slaves was in the first basement level. Below that was the monster dungeon where monsters spawned for grinding levels and game drops. 

 

The monster dungeon started at a large iron door in the back of the prison. The deeper you got the harder it was. The monsters encountered could be expanded by using the scouting skills and adding that monsters' data to the bestiary. There were 99 floors in the dungeon. There were leveled that defied logic such as an ocean level, a level that had an open field with an open sky, a forest, a lake with a log house, a haunted Mansion on an estate. All of this was underneath the island underground. 

 

The ocean level was my favorite we would use the teleport spell to go there instantly without needing to go down all the different floors. 

 

It was an ocean with a Sandy glass beach. The fake sun beamed down on the white sand making it look like a rainbow-colored beach. The tiny glass sand grains reflected the light making all sorts of colors. It was warm and tropical the warp gate from the upper floor was on an island so when you teleport the first thing you see is a large beach reflecting rainbow colors and a calm ocean a few meters out. When you turn around there was a tropical forest and a large volcano in the background.

 

We built a large city on the island on that floor. There were all kinds of stores, inns, restaurants, and NPC houses. In addition to the city, there was a large hot spring resort at the foot of the volcano. 

 

There were fishing boats and sailing ships to get to the three other islands. The ocean was filled with all kinds of sea life such as mermaids, sharks, coral reefs, whales and many other marine animals.

There was a mini underwater dungeon in a deep trench. With a [waterbreather] spell you could reach an underwater ruin that had a sea dragon floor boss at the bottom. The teleport gate to the next floor was just behind the boss room.

 

The other floors were just as impressive.

I walked through many corridors and prison hallways before coming to a small iron door. A guard opened it and let Me in. When I walked through I saw two females, a child and a woman in chains. They were orichalcum chains to prevent escape. They had proven to be super strong when they broke the previous iron chains. 

 

The two women turned their attention to me. Excitement flowed in their eyes along with what seemed to be familial affection.

 

"Oh!? mother it is you! I missed you please I must ask you to take me away from here!"

 

The child had tears in her eyes and begged me to take her with me.

 

"Mother look I gave birth it's a girl!"

 

The woman was holding a baby in her arms and she was nursing it. 

 

"Thanks to you it was born safely because I am immortal and heal immediately."

 

Why was it born so early? 

 

"That is because she is a vampire. The child will grow faster if the mother is turned into a vampire while being human"

 

Estellia as if reading my mind answered my question.

 

"Does that apply to all vampires?" 

 

"No only to her situation, in her case it is called a love cursed birth. It was born from a kiss from a vampire"

 

Estellia was designed to be a walking talking encyclopedia. she knew the answer about anything I couldn't figure out. Having her around was going to be a massive help

 

"I suppose they should be ok to be free for now just make sure they are fed I guess…?"

 

"As you wish I will release them from their chains immediately"

 

The guard replied with a quick answer and unlocked their chains they cried tears of joy and got up off the hard ground. 

 

"Can you take them to the metropolis on floor 75? they can live there"

 

"Of course your highness*

 

"Estellia capture more humans and bring them to them regularly"

 

"As you wish your highness"

 

"I will return to the surface of the continent to check the situation regarding our location"

 

                   

 

When I returned to the surface I left the castle in a carriage to check the island. The floating continent was very vast and large. So I wouldn't be able to inspect all of it. I would just inspect the farming towns and the castle town for now. 

 

The town was lively even at night there were 80,000 people plus an extra 5000 resent residents. The extras were slaves gathered from all over the surface of the planet. 

I looked out the carriage window and saw the happy faces of the NPCs, there were all different kinds and so many races. It was impossible to name them all. The game allowed you to make your own custom race, and we took that to the max and made 700 different races that along with all the games 32 original races. The guards were Valhala's Angel division that consisted of 17 different types of angels.

The slaves all had a mithril collar of “absolute obedience” on their necks. However, none of them looked like they were being treated badly. There were children among the slaves, but they were all laughing and periodically stopping to play while working. The slaves talked to the NPCs and the NPCs listened.

 

However, I noticed something troubling. The NPCs were great at holding fake emotions, but me being a vampire saw through it. There was no value to the slaves they were nothing more than tools in the NPCs' eyes. I sensed the slaves did not notice this. I also noticed something troubling…

 

I didn't care, I felt no value towards them as if they were insects. 

 

I walked through the streets all the while NPCs bowing in respect as if I were royalty.

 

Estellia: “With all due respect my lady you are the princess of the Luna Empire how can you not be royalty?”

 

Me: “Is that so?”

 

Estellia who sat at my side replied to my question ‘Am I royalty?’ I looked at the royal guards out the window and they frantically nodded. 

 

NPC captain: “Yes we serve the princess who governs the Holy Land which the princess lives and walks upon. We serve no one else but you your highness!”

 

Me: (Thank you) I gave a gentle smile. I thought the idea of me being royalty was awesome, unlike those horrible ciche novels and anime where the MC gets flustered and gets uncomfortable.

 

All guards: (((((Haa! Long live the princess!)))))

 

NPC captain: “We worship the six great gods we will serve our creators for as long as we live until the day we die!”

 

[Aren't all of you immortal though?] I thought that as we rode in the carriage. We designed the NPCs in the description menu to be immortal. It seems anything written in the description menu comes true. This affects all things in the game down to the marrow. 

 

For example, if a spear's description has a curse that turns you into a frog on a full moon it comes true, even if it wasn't in the game. Of course, I made that scenario up, no such weapon exists. that only happens in fantasy stories.

 

Wait…

 

Aren't I in that situation now? 

 

Anyway, we kept riding through the street to sightsee. I did have a destination in mind, there was a market managed by a cat beast kin NPC that was previously just for decoration and I wanted to see how being brought to life affected the shops state. If the building was originally a shop in the game it should be a shop in real life.

 

Sure enough, it was.

 

The shop was the size of a superstore. It was made of stone and cherry wood beams and made to look like an upgraded version of a stylish Mansion. It had three floors and was in the top twenty biggest buildings on the continent.

 

There were slaves carrying baskets with groceries and wooden carts with goods outside being loaded with goods.

 

Where is this all coming from?

 

I thought about how the store re-stocked goods. 

 

“Oh that's right! in the game the store would stock using the respawn system…”

 

There was really no use for the fruits they didn't do anything but restore 70-700 stamina and Mana. As players in the guild our stamina and Mana replenished faster than we usually spent. However, things were now different, food was a necessity and we'd die without it. The guild members ate food but I drank blood, I couldn't eat regular food unless I wanted to experience the good old feeling of vomiting. 

 

I shivered.

 

I noticed we had a lot of potential for war.

 

In the game, we finished most of the quests and defeated the story and event bosses. We currently had most of the NPCs, bosses and in-game items you could get from the gatcha and in-game store. We spent four years collecting everything, we got the same thing multiple times over in the gatcha, we mass bought every item in the game and collected every building on the market. Plus we had everything the online store had to offer many times over. Since I was a millionaire I spent about fifty thousand on in-game collectibles and property. We spent three years perfectly designing the island, it had everything from a volcano to a mountain range and plains between them. There were also two lakes, a pond, a river, caves, a castle, a city, etc. The floating sky island was massive, It was the size of all of Tokyo or NYC. it would be bad if the world's inhabitants saw it but that shouldn't happen. There was a system in place to hide the island in a thick cloud barrier in case of player raids.

 

But yet it brings me back to one of the reasons I'm in town.

 

How did the slaves get here? 

 

It would be natural if the inhabitants of the planet were to panic from the sudden disappearance of several thousand people.

 

I walked inside the store and saw various goods lined up, although it’s nothing to w*lm*rt or T*sco it’s still a fantastic assortment of goods. i saw things that weren't in the game.

 

I noticed a particular fruit that looked like four mangled faces screaming in terror. 

 

“Estellia mind asking, the fuc… ehem what is that?”

 

“My lady that is a foulmanderin, it’s an addictive fruit that is best ground into powder and put into drinks.

 

“What makes it addictive?”

 

“It boosts fertility, energy, empathy, and pleasure”

 

“So we’re selling a fruit that has the same effects as ecstasy?”

so we're drug dealers huh? although it seems pretty mainstream... is it becoming legal like pot?

 

51