Chapter 15; Outside Fun
186 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gevanni covered his eyes for a moment due to the intense rays of the sun. He passed the bridge and entered a stronghold. It has opalescent stone walls and a defensive moat.  

With that obvious dictator like announcement, it's a given for everyone to cast their doubts on us. We both don't know each other. If they don't like us, the first thing they would do is to stage a dangerous situation. Gevanni thought, and the royal guards blocked his path. 

"Your pass?" One of the royal guards asked. He was then tapped by the other royal guard on his shoulders and murmured, "Don't you know him? It's Gevanni, the newly summoned hero." 

"It feels like I always see you everywhere, Gram."

The attitude of the royal guards was rather nervous but not exactly brimming with hostility. 

"I still don't know how I am able to hang out with you like friends. Now then, here's your temporary pass." Gram tried to laugh and handed a ticket to Gevanni. 

"I wish the process was a bit more quicker. This kingdom is really strict with their policies, huh?" Gevanni commented. 

"Don't lose it, or else, you can't come here anymore," Gram added. 

"I'll be back soon. Thanks, Gram." Gevanni waves his pass as soon as he passes the royal guards. 

 

 

Somewhere in the Blackstone rocky plains, the air is filled with the scent of wildflowers. Ahead of it is a forest with towering trees. A slow-moving giant frostworm passed Gevanni. Despite it sharing resemblance to millipedes and colors that indicate it as a poisonous animal, it was harmless. Gevanni had to poke it using a wooden stick to confirm if it would react. 

Nothing happened.

A situation that we had no knowledge and a high chance for them to escape...Think harder, myself.

Despite the magnificent scenery around Gevanni, none of them crossed into his thoughts. He instantly went into his usual deep focused state, where he limits his attention around him by 40%.  

Assassination? No, if they killed me at the start, it might disturb the morality of the kingdom. That also puts me into a risk. The country can accuse me anytime for not following their rules. I have to stay low and learn the laws and twist them to my advantage. 

Gevanni imagines possible scenarios based on the theory he came up with. It all ended up with him dying from the ruthless actions of Evanslei's authority. 

No, this is why I'm in this different world! They'll try to lure us with their kindness and finish us anytime... In the end, I need her help, huh?

A soft chuckle echoed through the woods, but Gevanni didn't hear it. Whoever that stalker might be, could've seen a glimpse of Gevanni's anger—his face almost looked like someone would exact their revenge with no excuses. 

Discard that. I have little to no information to process things. It's natural since this is like the second day of me stepping foot into the new world. It will take time for Izuna to earn the nobles' affection. 

Gevanni remembers the aftermath of the failed ordeal. 

"Well? What is your plan now? I doubt you'll make excuses at this point." Izuna asked. 

"We need all the necessities as fast as we can," Gevanni replied. 

"What do you mean by that? Do you think that there's something the kingdom couldn't easily give to us?" Izuna said with a concerned look. 

"Time is our advantage here, Izuna. They know nothing about us, but if we use our knowledge from our old world, It will come in handy... But don't trust it too much." It took a while before Gevanni responded.

"One thing for sure is I need to gain the noble's trust, right?"

"That's our priority, but you also need to make our future part of this. There's a possibility that we'll get exiled as well."

"I can't think of anything…"

"It's so easy to think that I doubt anyone will think that we were planning this—becoming a new authority." Gevanni boldly declared.

"Impossible. Since when did you know that there are other cursed grimoire users? On top of that you already knew their capabilities! Tell me!" Izuna shook Gevanni, but he didn't answer her. 

When she's about to give up, Gevanni whispers into her ear. "The more we know, the less we fear. I can't afford to be unreliable at times like this. You're more vulnerable than me… Your body is still fatigued, and your mana pool hasn't come back yet." 

"We all only have one life in this world." Gevanni continued as he firmly embraced Izuna. "They won't have to summon us if the strongest heroes could live for long. Remember and take it into your heart, Izuna. I'm your only partner." 

I wonder how I can test if my grimoire still has ties with Izuna? Gevanni questioned himself again and again until the coldness of the mountains penetrated through his clothes. 

"It's freaking cold despite wearing these clothes."

Gevanni took a seemingly ordinary rock and went to the nearest cliff. 

"Uwaa… that took long."

He jumped into the cliff. He knew how to navigate safely and hopped from rock to rock. It seems he has a lot of experience when it comes to free solo climbing. 

"The gravity here is surely weird than the kingdom."

Gevanni looked into his map. He marked his current location, and three pathways lead to two big caves. He proceeded to the one at the left. It is named as Harlac Caves. 

"It's best to know what I have right now... Everything about my grimoire and my tail." 

Gevanni took the grimoire he had been hiding from his back. It has a unique keyhole at the center, and it reflects light. "Whoever made this is crafty. He intended me to open it, but the gem-like thing inside could be some sort of that relays magic." He predicted. 

The surface around here is more flattened than the rocky fields above. Gigantic and old oak trees with scratches from some sort of canine-like animal surround the area. 

In the gently streaming Evanslei's sunlight, Gevanni raced over the snowfields and did various movements from acrobatics. 

"That surprisingly feels refreshing."

Smiling serenely, Gevanni wiped the sweat from his forehead. A moment he'd been longed ever since the chain of messy misunderstandings devoured him. 

In the world of Herscheim, all mages need to train the basics of hand to hand combat, recognizing sigils and deactivating it before it becomes active, and then… Gevanni thoughts were interrupted until a bird landed on top of his head. 

The delivery system of letters is done by using avian creatures, and The Noble house of Elinslotte is also responsible for making sure that these avian beings are safe from any harm. Their crest is usually embedded at the chest of the registered avian creatures.       

"Oh? What a funny-looking bird. Maybe it's a quail?" Gevanni removed a page from his grimoire, folded it, and put it inside the capsule that was strapped at the bird's leg. 

The bird immediately flew away as soon as Gevanni let it go.

"I need to find a possible shelter and edible resources."

Gevanni picked stained free white caps mushrooms. He smelled it twice to confirm if it's poisonous or not. He discarded some, and he put the rest into his smaller pouch. 

"It looks like I've gone too far. I can see the Mana Essenther Mountains ahead."

Ahead of Gevanni is a cliff, but it's hard to navigate due to it being the nest of some sort of dangerous raptor. He noticed an owl flying in circles in the skies, and it has the resemblance of a snowy owl. It made him step back, and the raptor fled away. 

6