Chapter 18; Uncertainty
112 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A snow owl landed into its nest, carrying the head of the frostworm and fed its children with it. Each one of the younglings fought over it, as soon as the snow owl took a nap. 

"Lu, since I'm not capable of using magic, how about you if we faced extreme situations?" Marveling at the sound of the birds chirping, Gevanni thought of a scene. 

"No, sorry about that. It's obvious."

"In an instant, you already thought of a scenario where you would trick me into using my magic to protect you and die in the process. You think too far ahead." 

The reasoning behind this is obvious. A loophole that wasn't concealed enough. Gevanni knew that Lumoireux still had ties and affection towards Izuna. 

"As expected of my servant, we think the same. You are right. If one were to cannibalize someone's mana core—their very own soul, that person ends up claiming all of the foe's powers." Gevanni explained earnestly with his own words. 

"You've been thinking from the start if you can become a God but remain your humanity. I would say that's a futile and entertaining joke." Lumoireux chuckled wryly as it related to Gevanni's explanation. 

This grimoire can also read my mind!? Then it's useless to think of ways that put Lu the most in my current plans.

If mind-reading is also a skill in this world, I'm already at a disadvantage. I must think that someone in this kingdom has that ability too. 

After all, they managed to cut ties to a whole continent.

"It seems you're quite disturbed by the way I talk. Let me offer you useful information," Lumoireux abruptly considered a change of heart. "It's best not to let your personal feelings get in the way."

"Does that mean making me a monster too—is your job as well?" Gevanni implied as if there are other factors other than his servant can make him into a monster. 

"It is, My Master, your only hope that ends up being your despair…" 

"Unfortunately for you…" Gevanni paused and the winds stopped. "I'm already broken from the start."

Lumoireux's eyes glistened with red highlights. "As expected of my Master! Before our meeting, you've been planning on how to extract classified information from me." 

Gevanni approached Lumoireux without any fear. 

"By doing that, you end up realizing it." Lumoireux hinted. 

Gevanni firmly held Lumoireux's hand. "Yes. You can only interact with me in that true form. All of your senses shut down in your grimoire form except your hearing."

"If I transformed into that little book, to communicate with you, you can see red letters in front of your eyes." Lumoireux hinted once again. 

"If I were to reward you something, what would you like?" Gevanni asked. 

The funny-looking bird from earlier came back to Gevanni. He then raised his arm to let the bird rest on it for a bit. 

Upon taking the letter from the bird, "That man is more interesting than what I've expected. Gamcys Wyne Verestone," Gevanni smiled.  

The paper that Gevanni holds disintegrated. 

Torn pages from the grimoire only last for three hours. Also, If I were to pair and spread that…

"Pardon my selfish and greedy answer, My Master. I believe this would sting you since you are part of that traitorous race—Humans." Lumoireux pleaded. 

The bird flew away. 

"There's no need for you to say apologies. I want to hear your unfiltered answer and precisely." 

"I want tears and the terrified faces of humans."

The fact that Gevanni doesn't scowl the moment he heard this, that alone is a feat of self-control.

"Lu, this is not an order. We're about to experiment."

"Go ahead."

"Inscribe fake non-existent magic spells into the grimoire."

Lumoireux warped half of its body into its grimoire form, "Does it have to be complex?" and holds its antique pen ready to write.

"As long as it's easy to read. Let's say… about the intelligence of someone who knows nothing about magic."

If an opposing country managed to summon whose power is comparable to mine, how should I act? The efficient way would be to destroy the summoners.

That's why that incident at the summoning tower happened. The one who staged that must be watching my actions from now and onwards.

"If a trip to hell is what they want, I'll give it to them", Gevanni added. 

"You have no idea how little it narrows down, young master", Lumoireux whispered as soon as it finished the writing. 

8