Chapter 23; Tainted Reminisce
120 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You know what. This is what happened when I first met those nobles." 

"Go ahead. You have my ears."

"Just like what I've said before, I'm a former Demon Lord who is stripped out of her powers. Probably that was the last and every bit of my demonic energy." Izuna explained.

"She has a point. If we think more about it, she had no more demonic energies. Otherwise, the Hero's insignia won't work." One of the lesser nobles explained. He had three moles near to his right eye.

"What are you babbling!? He's wrong! We won't accept it. Demons are always up to something." The old man wearing huge circular earrings insisted. 

"The King promised me a personal bodyguard to watch on me. If I ever used magic to threaten anyone, he said The Queen would take action." Izuna explained.

"How dare you speak on that tone as if Our Majesty is your servants!?" The old man whose face covered by his hat demanded.

"Don't you even know your current situation? Our Majesty's heart couldn't take this, and he's just censoring his words so that we'll be at ease!" The old man with the three moles added.

"I humbly apologize. We should only talk that is not about me and my partner. We need to think about how to handle our current enemies." 

Izuna waved her hands above her head as if she was comically clearing away the thought bubbles. "They're so noisy and babble the most idiotic things! Even for a simple exercise!"

From the way she acted, surprisingly, that's mature of her and to think that she's slowly forming her very own regiment is entirely unexpected. 

Does that mean she also devise her own plans, fortify mine and make it seem I do all the work? In Herscheim, she would be considered as a supporter type, huh?

"Izuna, why should we carry the responsibility of helping others? I'm not trying to escape my duty as a human, but what makes this worth it?" Gevanni asked. 

 

Sending the books flying around the place, gently moved the statues an inch with her aura, Izuna slowly imbued herself with dark red blobs of energy and reverted into her original adult form. 

"Have you ever danced with me in the bloody eclipse?" Izuna asked.

"What? I thought you're still recovering. Why did you transform?" Gevanni questioned out of concern. 

A magical barrier was created, and it distorted the reality inside. 

"Ninth movement of Heliastasis."

Everything went black. As Gevanni looked around, the candles were hovering and lit themselves with blue flames. The statues from the library became smoky quartz and the fauna became purple cushioned seats. 

A spotlight flash through them, the voices sung with utmost tranquility. Captivated by the music, the woman in jet-black lustful dress in front of Gevanni became aggressive with her steps.

What is with this place? My head hurts. Why am I dancing with someone?

She doesn't look like Izuna at all.

Lights after lights flashed, revealing the place is an opera house, and Gevanni was performing on stage. The seats were empty, and the singers behind him continued singing as if this is their peak performance. 

"You're a funny man. One two. One two. You're already doing fine, right?" The woman pressed herself against Gevanni's chest. 

The woman had a light pink hair that ombres into hot pink with pale blue at its tips, is tied into pigtails, and her back hair is braided with rose-like patterns.

"Y-yes... I feel better." Gevanni couldn't resist switching from looking at her breasts and her eyes. Her right eye is lilac-tinted while her left eye appears as a golden, inorganic clock face. 

"It's fine to feel me all you want. It's pointless for you in hiding it." The woman giggled. 

"Izuna Estella? No, Euphrasia Estella?" Gevanni asked. His formal white suit is the same as what the Royal Dressmaker made, except its colors, were inverted. Mostly in black with red accents.

"I've been looking forward to this day. Do you know what day is it?" Euphrasia asked.

"It's your 423rd birthday and where is your Gramps... What was his name again? I'm sorry, I forgot. He's usually behind you so that I could remember his face, at least." Gevanni responded.

"Finally. It's been that long. I hope you do not forget something."

"Your sister, Filum Aurose. It's her debut as the sixth representative and she's taking care of little Izuna..." Gevanni knew things that were not supposed to be his. Looking at Euphrasia's lascivious eyes only made his heartbeat raced faster. He felt the urge to feel Euphrasia's small glossed lips, but he stopped it.

"Welcome back. I'm happy that you still remember but not enough. In the hands of the Last Chronicles, I'm sure you'll take back what was once belonged to you… Apocope." Euphrasia waited for the right moment, listening for a moment longer, she kissed Gevanni. At her lips' touch, he blossomed like a flower and the incarnation was complete. 

4