Chapter 22; A Confession!?
114 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This place is located at the Outer level of The Royal Evanslei Archives. It is limited only to beings from another world and people whose powers or intelligence rival Platinum plates.

What makes this 70-foot high library impressive is it is designed after Queen Bethysia's collection of statues of heroic beasts and rare flora around the world. While there is so much to see, marveling the 16th-century tapestries is priceless. 

It took a good day for that whole chaos to settle down. I haven't had the time to meet Izuna at those times. We're both busy dealing with these idiotic nobles. Mostly the ones who hide at the backs of their frontlines. If this were a game, I could've killed them with no worries since they're going to respawn or mess with them 'cause they're considered as an immortal object. 

This library was considered to be one of the best masterpieces ever made in Evanslei Palace. It features stain-glass paintings that depict the birth of Evanslei, terraced bookshelves, and spiral staircases.

No matter how I look at her, she looks like an underaged child. 

It was unclear why Gevanni didn't approach Izuna. Perhaps, it was his own sub-conscious kicked in that he doesn't want to bother someone who is eagerly studying. 

I wish there's some sort of insurance to cover their expenses. For sure, the benefits and freebies we receive from the royal majesty won't last long. Even if I consider her as my partner... Companion... I don't want to cover the expenses alone. Duh!

As he ranted inside his mind, the flora around puffed a harmless smoke as the scent around the room became richer with the aroma of lime. 

This is the fourth day since we stepped foot into this world. My perception of time didn't sway at all. It will be a problem if I don't take care of my body. Speaking of taking care of your body, maybe Izuna is stressed too? Hmmph! She's an adult, and she knows how to handle herself.

For a moment, Gevanni stopped thinking. He remained silent as he watched Izuna play with her hair. A beat later, the meaning of what he had thought of sunk in, and astonishment followed.

Hmm… A date on the fourth day with a clingy stranger, huh? Isn't this the generic plot of otome games!? 

Gevanni couldn't hold back his thoughts and accidentally let a surprised murmur. Izuna noticed the leaves moved on its own and missed that Gevanni is hiding behind it.

I only like girls where they're an inch or a few taller than me, with a bit of muscle and love to teasingly talk while they boast their subtle military weebness. But of course, I prefer mature woman with a deep voice and can challenge me and can be cute at times.

Feeling anxious, Gevanni tried to imagine his ideal girlfriend.

Geh! Why did Izuna came first into my mind before Jeanne!? It's not like I have a growing affection to her. I'm such an idiot to think like that! I'd rather die somewhere. Preferably something cold like the oceans! 

"Master, are you not aware that I'm also reading your thoughts?" Lu interrupted by forming words in Gevanni's vision.

Hmpnh! No time for privacy, huh? Forget it.

"No, I find this amusing, and I'm thinking of ways on how future events would likely be advantageous using these thoughts."

Ocean. I'd like to go to the oceans someday. Even if I mostly lived my years in Japan, I never had the chance to go to the natural beaches… 

"Have you not partake in any activities that could be done in any parts of water—such as fishing, sailing boats, and stone skipping?" Lu suggested and slowly faded the words. 

No, I take it back. Thank you, Lu. 

That subtle hint of encouragement finally made Gevanni to approach Izuna with clear intentions in his mind. By plans, it is not simply that it could be described as mere 'intentions'—whatever is going on in his mind decides his first step in clearing the misunderstandings caused by the failed ordeal.

"I'm done with the book, Izuna," Gevanni said as he sat next to Izuna on that long table.

"No way! I only handed it to you an hour ago! Wait—you're already talking in Orslenian language!" 

The surprise factor was tremendous, but it's even more bizarre that how can Gevanni fully understand the language despite her trying to figure out how it works ever since yesterday. Izuna learnt the language by cheating with her magic.

"I have a confession to make." Gevanni genuinely asserted as he gently touched Izuna's wrist.

"Oh no! My heart goes doki doki!" Thinking that this is a prank, Izuna let out her usual chuuni sense and exaggerated her behavior. 

"This is serious, chuuni Ella."

Gevanni feigned quiet contemplation and nodded.

"And you gonna say next 'yes, yes, whatever you say', right?" 

Once Izuna is fully digested into her chuuni sense, there is nothing that can stop her. Unless… 

"Yes, yes, whatever you say."

Gevanni used the book as he knocked on Izuna's forehead.

"Ababababa!" Izuna's became flustered as she couldn't let open her mouth wide. "You don't have to do that!"

"Let's have a d—Ahem! How are you at the Advent Mogarelia?"

Izuna finally snapped into her mature self and shifted into answering Gevanni directly. 

"It seems I still have high affinity in magic, although most of my physical stats were lowered. However, more than that, I'll make the old men even more jealous." 

"Is that so?"

Even with that explanation, Gevanni couldn't help but speculate. There is no way that things are going well for her. He's been thinking what if she was bullied or discriminated, how can she act on herself alone? 

"Read these books, Gevanni. I already translated them for you, and I'm sure this is what you need the most."

It feels warm as if it was newly printed. I don't want her to feel down just because I learned the whole language. It's not much, but it's an honest work of hers.  

"Thank you... Why the big sigh?" Gevanni questioningly wondered.

"It's my second day, and it feels like I'm dying. This is much harder than office work. I never thought magic here is so old fashioned and uses a lot of complex algorithms that make the incantations slow."

Izuna put her arm over the other, but her frustration lies elsewhere. 

"I heard you're going to have a particular class and will be taught by a newly appointed Professor", Gevanni asked. 

"Ah?... I hope its not an old man again. I have enough." 

"Indeed, they are. Such a pain in the ass… I. I thank you for keeping us safe even if it's at the edge of the cliff."  

Izuna's laughs were contagious that even Gevanni was affected by it. They both couldn't help themselves but to laugh at the problem. 

5