Chapter 24; Ephemeral
155 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Euphrasia's last breath, she turned into little fragments and disintegrated. When the void consumed the space around, it slowly restored reality.

Piles of books were scattered around, and Izuna popped out from the same pile.

“Poof! Are you okay, Gevanni? That duty thing question made me remember someone. I couldn’t put it into words yet.”

“I should be asking that to you,” Gevanni said as he offered his hand to help Izuna get out from the pile of books.

I wonder who is Euphrasia Estella to Chuuni Demon. How come I know her name and remembered the skill that Izuna cast—Ninth movement of Heliastasis. Everything felt like a Jamais vu. 

Do you have any idea about what’s going on, Lu?

No comment. Think of what you’ve done as—Speedrun. 

Hmph! You’re so useless when it comes to these things. Fine. I’ll investigate this further.

Upon breaking his mental immersion, “Let’s have a date, Chuuni Demon.” Gevanni declared.

“What did you just say!?” Izuna’s face turned reddish. “Are. Are you fine with me dressing like this?” she asked as she flailed her arms wide.

Gevanni moved closer and looked at Izuna intently.

Why am I considered as Apocope? What is my relationship with Euphrasia Estella? How can I know Izuna’s true purpose of staying with me without being direct?

If I’m right, a date is where a man and a woman share their memories. I need to collect those Jamais vus together and know why I’m connected to them.  

Perhaps, the longer time I spend with her, the higher chances that I might find myself being part of this world’s past. 

As expected of my master, you narrowed down my purpose as well. 

Familial bond, huh?

“Say something. I’m getting nervous from this silence.” Izuna insisted as she played with her fingers. 

“I want to go to the famous places around here with you,” Gevanni responded.

3