Chapter 26; Forbidden Connection
75 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Izuna glanced after corners and corners and remembered, “Ah! I forgot to tell him to forge the official pact! He won't find it at this rate.” 

As she was about to turn her head, “I need to tell him that.” A gentle breeze blew and Izuna couldn’t see it coming. A dagger missed hitting Izuna’s horns and was buried into the ground as if it was thrown violently.

As the clouds covered the broad daylight, a being in a red cloak revealed themself from the balcony. Their orange hair waved as they put on their mask.

“What a little world we live in. Right, Adopted sister?” The Cloaked being said in a feminine voice and a tone similar to Izuna. 

Izuna planted her foot and stood firmly. She erased her usual cheeky and annoying kid into a serious woman vibe. “I don’t have time to play with you.” 

Izuna stared at the Cloaked being as if she holds a grudge. A menacing stare with an intent to kill.

“You’re stubborn as always. You’re missing out greatly if you don’t hear me out.” The Cloaked being insisted as they jumped from the balcony.

“If Gevanni knew of your existence and you’re still alive, then he’ll hate us!” Izuna screamed as she cast magic around the place— Creating a barrier that no outsiders can see or hear.

The sun directly shone its light to that alley. The two of them faced each other.

“So you wanted to keep him for yourself!?” The Cloaked being exclaimed. 

“That’s right! I want him to become Apocope! To correct this world and to fulfill the wish of Mother Euphrasia!” Izuna bawled as tears flowed into her rosy cheeks. She fell unto her knees and remembered the events of the past.

“He’s not just a reincarnation you can just use. Gevanni is Gevanni! I don’t care about your reasons. As his older sister, I have to protect him! You don’t have the right to dictate nor take away Gevanni from me!” The Cloaked being demanded.

“Shut up! You don’t know anything, Orion!” Izuna yelled as she expelled magic and knocked back Orion.

Before Orion crashed, “Akelebazar Magnetofia!” She engulfed herself in violet streams of magic while creating thousands of intricate spheres that resemble cannon shells. 

“Ninth movement of Heliastasis!” Izuna extended her right arm— unsheathing the ethereal air from her weapons and revealing the true form of her weapons. 

Izuna wore a dark violet dress attached with black laces and a set of grayish magenta-and dark pink plated armor that adorned her shoulders and waist. The dress is open at the back and the front having tights which exposed most of her skin—and a two-layered ankle-length skirt. 

“Hmph! Can't revert into your mature version but still can use that spirit form… Impressive.” Orion commented.

Izuna dashed and slashed, “But you won’t last!” 

Orion defended by crossing their two daggers. “Fine. I don’t care whether you listen or not.”

Izuna swiftly shifted and swung her other hand to fire the gun at Orion, ripping their left arm and using her heel to kick Orion’s head.

“I am one of the testaments. A divine servant of Ciel Rochieren.” Orion casually said while she’s losing a lot of blood.

Izuna didn’t expect the revelation and couldn’t help but ask, “No way! Why would you join them instead of us!? How can you betray Arcana Magistoire itself!? Aren’t we a family!?”

Orion waved their hand, one of the intricate shells went in front of her and vaporized. Her left arm is restored as if no damage was taken except for her clothes and the tattoos from that arm hovered in the air. 

“What in the hell is that?” Izuna asked.

“The thing I always hated... Immortality and Loyalty. I thought my life would be rewarded once I became a representative of the cursed grimoire... But it only bring death around me and became the very thing I hated the most,” Orion replied as her tattoos picked up her severed arm from the ground and turned it into one of her shells.

Izuna reverted into her normal form. “I used too much magic… Ugh.”

Before Izuna fell, Orion caught her using the tattoos.

As Orion approached and felt Izuna’s hand, “You… How can this be? You have the blood of a Hero’s running in your veins! Not only that, but you also transferred most of your demonic elements to Gevanni with a limiter. What are you really planning? You’re not the type who schemes things! Someone must’ve tinkered your insides.”

Orion went silent as she rubs Izuna’s head.

“Dummy. You’re letting yourself be used again by Daerrougen… Judging from his history, I bet he’s using this timeline to initiate a war with a grand scale… A Heavenly war recreation!”

 

 

Before Gevanni went on a date with Izuna, he paid a visit to Gamcys.

“Gamcys, I’ll purposely put my grimoire in the open. It’s just a simple experiment. Since this grimoire is ancient and powerful, I doubt anyone can use this with enough experience.  There could be some sort of rules before using it. Just in case, I ordered my grimoire to make some pages easier to understand.” Gevanni explained as he flipped through pages of the grimoire. It had lengthy explanations but it could be understood by a grade-schooler.

“I have my doubts but I have never seen anyone deal with such a great risk. Yes… You’re right. That is possible. Then, what would be your plan?” Gamcys keenly asked.

“First, leak the existence of my grimoire.” Gevanni insisted and Gamcys gulped. “Since you can use animals nearby as if they were your familiars, could you guide me to the snatcher?”

Waves of questions crashed through Gamcys’ head and hesitated to ask even one of them. He sighed and hardened his resolve. His business with Gevanni is for the sake of the magic he never experienced unlike before.

“A mouse would suffice,” Gamcys replied.  

“I won’t question your skills. However, I want you to view me and those around me.” Gevanni sarcastically said. "After all, small animals don't have enough mana to be noticeable. That means even if someone erected a powerful barrier that prevents communications and surveillance, that small animal can bypass it."

“I'm surprised you have a way to find who is watching you despite spending a few days in this world… Would you like me to report to you again just like before?” Gamcys assumed. 

“Yes, exchanging notes is the safest method..” Gevanni smirked, “Yet..” and closed the grimoire. "We're fighting a world here, Gamcys. Don't be too narrow-minded."

 

 

Gevanni looked around him and made sure no one was trailing him. He stole a ragged cloak from one of the unconscious civilians and covered himself. The streets were a mess and on its horizon is the infamous river with a clock tower.

“It seems anyone who touched or read my grimoire besides me, can see the grand grimoire’s other form… There’s a chance that they’ll try to fight it.” Gevanni wondered as he peeked through the alley and saw a body.

He proceeded with caution and slowly removed the ragged cloth that was covering its face.

“He didn’t die out of shock. He still had a pulse.” Gevanni immediately covers his mouth with his hand. The body had foams oozing from its mouth.  “That stinks, you baldie!”

Gevanni covered the bald thug’s head with the ragged cloth.

“No wounds were inflicted. No battle ensured. However, I came here approximately three minutes before his death.” Gevanni assumed.  

“If my stalker— Princess Marielle is the cautious type, the stunt I’d like to pull will satiate her.”  Gevanni lightly kicked and rolled the bald thug and searched for the grimoire at his back.

“Furthermore, if there’s another one who is persistent, he would’ve freaked out and tried to act calmly. I just need Gamcys to describe my stalker.” Gevanni stood up as he removed the dust on his grimoire.   

“Chuuni Demon is still not here yet. This confirms my doubt. The Grand Grimoire has no connection to its previous master. If telepathy is possible between a grimoire and its master, it should've alerted me or the chuuni demon… To find this place.” Gevanni theorized.

“There are still 15 minutes more before our meeting. If I don’t meet the chuuni demon until then, it’s confirmed that she already lost her ownership.” Gevanni assumed again.

“I’ll get into a real mess if I waited too long here.” Gevanni wondered as he prepared his tail. He jumped from walls to walls and used his tail as if it was a grappling hook. 

Gevanni sat at the edge of the rooftop, hearing the shrieks of rampaging Sabertooths being defeated one after another.

“Those eyes… It seems that he remembered something.” Gevanni remembered the bald thug. “ A PTSD, huh? Might be possible. I might experience the same if I were to use the grimoire at some point.” 

Five minutes passed and there’s no sign of any living soul in this area. Gevanni thinks over and over again but it keeps on piling due to the mystery of the grimoire and why someone is after it.

What is Cursed Grimoire and why is it cursed in the first place? Even Gamcys the witch killer shouldve recognized some of the magic residing in the grimoire but he couldn’t. Then why did he pledge his subservience towards me? Is everyone after the representatives, like Lu? I don’t see how this will be beneficial nor hold a grudge for so long... Or maybe there’s someone else inside the grimoire other than Lu that is controlling how each Cursed Grimoire Users affect this world...

“In the end, she couldn’t find this place. This alley leads to the black market. Even if someone made a commotion here, anyone would suspect nothing.” Gevanni murmured.  

An avian creature landed on Gevanni's shoulders. He stripped a page from his grimoire and wrote a letter before the avian creature flew off.

“A situation where I can force the grimoire to use one of its magic to protect something. A situation that’ll confirm the suspicions about me—A demon that is not affiliated with any demon to this world. A situation that makes me different from others. I can’t do this alone. I need to use more people.” Gevanni clenched his fist as he gazes to the Evanslei Royal Palace.

4