Chapter 27; Limiting The Truth
81 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“How charming. The latest generation of the old souls”, the grimoire murmured.

“You already deduced that it’s possible that there are other entities that can come to this world and you were right... Including the past and future.” A voice resonated from a distance.

Gevanni’s heartbeat raced as he tried to think calmly and remember where he spilled this information and who did he talk to. There’s no way for an ordinary stranger to know this kind of sensitive topic. 

Sweat fell from Gevanni’s forehead down to his cheek and wiped it with his sleeve. He couldn’t remember it yet.

“Consider this a warning. You’re an enemy of the kingdom and those other grimoire users are after you because of your Key”, The voice babbled with authority.

“I have a lot of questions. Everything is too much for me to understand... Sassy people like you tend to play neutral.” Gevanni responded but he got no reply. 

Whoever is coming up to the corner of the passageway is either a frail and stubborn adult or a disciplined and aggressive teacher. This person allows their footsteps to echo off the building announcing their arrival to all in several hundred-meter radius. 

“You are the one who’s responsible for locking the cursed grand grimoires in existence and the endless cycle of selection of the new God” Their voice rose above the sacred silence. Whoever they are, it is quite unexpected to voice out their frustrations in a polite manner unlike earlier.

“You demand a lot for someone who’s afraid to show their face. Who are you!?” Gevanni demanded.

“Aren't you a good schemer? Representative of the seventh. Lumoireux Eustace” A voice echoed from the left passageway. Their tone implied they were there neither to be hostile nor ask for help. 

“Is your mind so feeble-minded that you ask what is considered natural, human? Of course, we lie to benefit” the grimoire replied. 

“That familiar voice… Lu, take care of me. We need to analyze his magic.” Gevanni thought as he stiffens his shoulders and covered himself with his tail. A defensive stance that offers a good fight or flight situation.

“Don’t engage in a fight with him. There’s a lot of eyes watching us,” Lumoireux warned.

Standing around 6’1 ft” tall, and slender with fair skin, this man has a harsh feel about him. He has piercing crimson red eyes and his knee-length white hair is worn in a ponytail and gradually forms into braided at the tip. He had a large ribbon that compliments the colors of his outfit and is tied to keep his ponytail in place. His outfit resembles a butler’s.

“Gevanni… You lost from the very beginning and are being controlled by the strings. You’re just a slave disguising as a master.” Bancroft glared as he hovered his hand.

“I doubt you’re here to investigate,” Gevanni responded. Without the need of incantation, Bancroft accumulated air and ignited the place around Gevanni. Series of blasts exploded one after another. 

In the heat of the moment, time diluted. Bricks were sent flying and Bancroft was about to take cover while Gevanni used his tail as leverage to jump further. Lumoireux manifested and grabbed Gevanni and leaped away from that place.

Time continued and Bancroft frantically looked around but he had no leads where Gevanni went.

Lumoireux put their hand in the sky and a dark portal was opened. Dark energies sparked as they drag a skeletal horse unto the ground. Lu steered the horse to a hard right and put Gevanni at their back.

“Creation Magic, Sword of strings, and Vanagard’s Vigor!” Bancroft recited as red strings intricately form a sword while surrounding himself with an aura that boosts his senses. Ready to hunt down Gevanni.

As Bancroft was about to leave, his right ear vibrated. 

“This is Horim. I cleared the Sabertooths and Gamcys just arrived to fix the damaged buildings. You better finish your plan or else we will have complaints!”

“Everything went according to Her Majesty’s plan. It’s terrifying.”

“What about Izuna?”

“Fetch her by yourself and secure her to the royal grounds. I already know where that cursed demon went.”

The skeletal horse neighed and roared unspeakable horrors as it raced through the narrow alleys of the Evanslei streets. The people already evacuated and the damages were fixed but the eerie silence made Gevanni think meticulously.

“That magic was no ordinary spell, Master. This is the first time I made a wrong assumption. I thought Bancroft was the enemy we thought but not exactly an ally,” Lumoireux said as he glanced at Gevanni.

“What did you find, Lu?”

“The trouble you caused at the throne room made everyone split themselves into groups. The conservatives and the libertarians. However, they all share one thing—they pretended that they accept you but in reality, they’re planning on how to make the ordeal even difficult,” Lumoireux whipped the horse and it ran faster.

“Are you saying that these events earlier are linked to what I’ve planned?”

“Yes. The Majesty caught wind of it and supported it by building a trust that showcases you are not savage and a psychotic beast in human clothing... Also, the enemy used this as commotion to try to get close to you but someone stopped them...”

“I see… Even if you believe Bancroft is not the enemy, I still keep my word. There’s something different from that androgynous hottie,” Gevanni insisted and looked down for a moment.

Seeing his disheartened master, Lumoireux couldn’t help but assist Gevanni. “He’s raised by the witches from Vetocia. A place secluded from the world and is known for its magic inspired by complex curses.”

“Key… War… Witches… Vetocia… Does that mean…” Gevanni tried to gather all the pieces he can think of and the memories he remembered.

“You’re amazing as ever, Master.”

“From the past, the cursed grimoire users were transported to different countries in this world to find each other. However, Vetocia came into conflict with another country and lost. The reason they were targeted because they have the key... Then I’m being targeted because I am connected to the key!?

“You’ve done your research, Master. The 2nd Evanslei-Vetocia war from 67 years ago.”

“Lu, we need to stay low for a while. There are three cursed grimoire users in this country. The first is me, the second is our enemy, and the third is the royal majesty.” Gevanni assumed as he looked in front of him.

The slopes down gently, bare patches, thick lush dew-laden grass, white dandelions, and a deep sense of serenity that the lake emanates with a pristine looking clock tower in the middle.

2